Pet pictures!

IMG_1014.jpg

Young Piper

Picking my 2 cats up on Saturday.:)

Just double checking what diet (I know it's wet food) they are on at the moment but curious to see what brands AVF cat owners feed their cats?

In some circles, Whiskas is regarded as a cheaper brand:eek:

Just interested to see if anyone fees their cat the top rated stuff and if they notice any difference etc etc.

Last time ours had felix there were less than spectacular consequences... we feed ours whiskas wet food (jelly, never gravy!) and sometimes get dry food as a change, that’s generally whatever’s on offer.

Dry food is far better for their teeth, so if they eat it, keep 'em on it.

To only have 1 cat...what a dream!

I look after 20 overlords, 4 4 legged eating machines and a couple of tesco burgers.

Shoot me.

I'm open to swaps, trades and recipes... :D

My 2 cats get James Wellbeloved dry food mainly and a Felix/Whiskas pouch split between them daily.

Used to feed my last 2 (miss you boys) mainly Whiskas wet food and have noticed these two do seem to have better teeth, less digestive issues with being sick, hairballs etc, no runny mess in the litter tray occasionally etc.

So I'd definitely recommend going over to a premium dry food. I tend to buy 3 or 4 4KG bags for variety and when you're buying the bags at that size it's pretty cheap.

Last edited:
I buy it in the biggest bags I can get, usually 10kg.

And the cans in 24 packs usually 4 at a time.

My wife overfeeds the little sods. No wonder 2 of them are porkers.

Mine are rescues and had/have issues with food. Where they were before, food must have been scarce as they were incredibly thin and malnourished when I saw them at the rescue centre.

You can't free feed them as they eat all of it in one go, and then of course they're sick.
You can't feed them in the same room as they'll fight over it or try to steal each others. They get on great, just not at mealtimes.

I've slowly over the last few years got them programmed that food comes at a certain time each day and there are automated feeders which serve 3 x dry meals. They come to their own bowl in separate rooms when they hear my recorded voice.
They don't need the voice anymore now though, they're usually parked at their respective bowls waiting for the food to arrive about 10 minutes before feeding time, staring at it, willing it to open.

It's funny if they're in a relatively deep sleep and they hear the bowl calling them, they wake up all groggy for a second and then they realise it's feeding time and a mad scramble to get to the bowl ensues.

Thought as it was the pictures thread I should add one.

Best of pals as it's not feeding time.

Meet Tootz (Black and White) and Lucy (Black, White and Tan), possibly Mother and daughter, don't really know. I didn't name them, those monikers came from the rescue centre and they seemed to respond to them as they were there for quite a while.

And this was them when they visited their gran and I was on holiday... so were they. They got fussed over and overfed silly.

https://imgbb.com/

My 2 new arrivals come Saturday.:)

Mother (circa 11 mths) and daughter (circa 5 mths).

Thinking of renaming them (currently the Mother is called Esme (which i'm not that keen on) and the daughter is Boo (OK i guess) so have been pondering over new names (maybe names that are associated with Black cats) for several days now.

Felt a bit guilty about it but the rescue center said the majority of new owners rename.o_O

File%2013-12-2017%2C%2015%2031%2000.jpeg

My 2 new arrivals come Saturday.:)

Mother (circa 11 mths) and daughter (circa 5 mths).

Thinking of renaming them (currently the Mother is called Esme (which i'm not that keen on) and the daughter is Boo (OK i guess) so have been pondering over new names (maybe names that are associated with Black cats) for several days now.

Felt a bit guilty about it but the rescue center said the majority of new owners rename.o_O

Just lovely

20171212_114229.jpg
20171208_181125.jpg
20171211_123415.jpg
We just adopted a wee rescue pup. 7 months old and all she knew was life in a backyard living in a coal bunker. The woman who had her threw food out the window when she remembered to feed her. Didn't even have a key for the back door. She was so malnurished it was unreal. She lost about 2KG overnight in fluids (according to the vet).

We have had her since Friday - we already have a 8 year old lab, she is finding it hard to take to the new pup but with time it will be fine. I swear though she looks at me and I can just tell she is thinking "what the fudge did I do to deserve this"

Well here is Holly - foster family named her since the got her in December, name fits so we decided to keep it

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom