Philips 65PUS6814/12

Jellyman0

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I have an issue with Alexa that's built into my TV.
I've had my TV for 14 days and apart from the first day I've never been able to connect or get working the Alex app.
On the first day I connected the app and it was working fine, up until the end of the day.
I pressed the Alexa button on the remote and the lights on the top of the tv lit up, but the lights just sat there flashing and never stopped, in the end I had the power off the tv via the plug.
After this the alexa control would never work when the button on the remote was pressed.
(The button is working as it lights up blue and opens the setup)
In the end I thought the best thing would be to factory reset the tv.
After the factory reset I attempted to setup the alexa app again and the app launched, I started going though the setup, after the option to choose the name to associate with Alexa the app just closed.
I started the Alexa app setup again and this time I eventually got to the screen wanting the alexa app password, but it will not continue past this point of generating an app code.
(You enter the app code in amazon to link tv)

I'm completely stuck, I've contacted Philip's support who have requested log files that I've provided but I cant believe I'm the only person having this issue.
I'm still waiting for support who just don't seem to have a clue or care.

Can anyone recommend anything?

Just to note: all other functions of the tv work fine. Amazon movies, Netflix etc..

Thanks.

Hi I have the same problem iam waiting on Philip's support to get back to me. have you got it sorted yet its driving me round the bend just got the tv last week and worked for 1 day when did the exactly the same as your post I cant get tv device code it just keeps loading picture attached I have install the latest firmware but it's still the same

in-art-close-icon-128x128-16481b937f87b244a645cdbef0d930f8.png

–– ADVERTISEMENT ––​

unmiss-sound-button-muted-e74d67a0c85c3548f07d7564782a269c.svg

Attachments

• 20191207_115141.jpg
    20191207_115141.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 97
Last edited:
Hi I have the act same problem iam waiting on Philip's support to get back to me have you got it sorted yet its driving me round the bend

in-art-close-icon-128x128-16481b937f87b244a645cdbef0d930f8.png

–– ADVERTISEMENT ––​

unmiss-sound-button-muted-e74d67a0c85c3548f07d7564782a269c.svg
I'm glad I'm not the only one with this issue.
I'm going to contact support again today, I'll update what response they give later.

Ok thank you
Hi,

I spoke with Philip's again today and they confirmed it is software related and wont be fixed until the next software update.
They also said its affected lots of people.
I asked how long it would take and they was unable to tell me...
I will call them again on Friday.

Sounds like it's something else they need to fix. I have already reported the lack of sound with BBC iPlayer and then spotted several threads here on this problem. I have now checked the assistant on my 50PUS8204/12 and think also has the problem reported above.

I have already reported the sound fault and will add this problem to the issue.

Hi,

I've spoken to Philips again..
They've said Alexa won't be working on Philips TV's until a software patch has been made available.
When I asked about how many people this affects, the guy did say everyone, although i'm not 100% sure how true that is.
Either way there will be no Alexa working until a software patch is made available.

Thanks for the update I got a email yesterday from there support. asking for data of my tv they sent me a file that goes on to a usb flash drive i had a look at the logs myself theres loads of errors and connection problems so hopefully we get new firmware update soon

Last edited:
Hi,

Still no update..
I'm thinking I may send this unit back for refund.
I've been patiently waiting but a function I paid an extra £100 for is not working and I don't see Philip's in any hurry to fix the problem.
It's a shame as the tv is very good.

I updated mine to the latest fw 253 and now it wont play anything from my external USB heh.ive reset the tv tried different hdd's but nothing heh great.

has anybody got any updates from phillips support. they are a complete joke they just keep telling me its top priority and the new firmware will be out soon iam so pissed off with this mob of cowboys

What a fudgeinng joke this company are just install the new April update and still no alexa fix still doing the same think fudgeing useless ****s the lot of them 😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom