JohnDimitrov

Novice Member
Reaction score
guys, I really need your help, this tv is making me crazy. I'm a gamer, I got a ps4 pro and a xbox one s. when I play games on my ps4, in sdr quality, with game picture on, everything looks amazing, popping colors (even if it tends to be blue cold). When a game allows me to set the HDR on, everything looks washed out, dimmed, almost black and white, but it makes blacks more solid and things look more sharped. it was supposed to give me more colors, but the result is a mess. I try to put the HDR picture style on "vivid" but still, colors on sdr look 1000% better. Maybe I need to set something on my ps4 settings? I got my ps4 on hdmi3, I set everything on automatic. I tried to set yuv420, I tried rgb, I went to hdmi in tv settings, UHD settings optimized, same. I set it on standard, same. what I'm doing wrong? maybe my HDR is broken? I understand this is a 400$ tv, so I don't expect a great HDR, but I saw videos of some mid-low budget samsung providing a more accurate and colorful hdr, like samsung nu7400. Do I have to set my tv and my ps4 in a specific way? look at the following pics. Then, I notice an annoying white patch on the display, do I have to ask for a replacement?

Attachments

• IMG_1100.JPG
    IMG_1100.JPG
    186.5 KB · Views: 562
  • IMG_1104.JPG
    IMG_1104.JPG
    124.5 KB · Views: 365
I don't have this TV but coming from a Samsung QLED and being familiar with the game from the first shot on the PS4 (and PS3 on an older Samsung) and whilst it's hard to gauge on a phone the first shot looks a tad oversaturated, the second would be similar to how I would know it .I know on the Samsung there is the option to use Native color space which psuedo maps SDR content to the screens colour space making things oversaturated though not to the extent of your first shot, using HDR always maps to the actual color palette of the content so whilst it looks drab that may be the actual intention of that shot. There are areas of the game e.g. early on when first outside the zone looking for the ladder and later with the giraffes where colours are definitely brighter and more luscious on the Samsung in HDR mode. Or it may just be your TV behaving badly!

These TV's are cheap 8 bit panels that don't do hdr is why. To get hdr you need to spend over a grand. Look out for the hdr premium logo.

guys, I really need your help, this tv is making me crazy. I'm a gamer, I got a ps4 pro and a xbox one s. when I play games on my ps4, in sdr quality, with game picture on, everything looks amazing, popping colors (even if it tends to be blue cold). When a game allows me to set the HDR on, everything looks washed out, dimmed, almost black and white, but it makes blacks more solid and things look more sharped. it was supposed to give me more colors, but the result is a mess. I try to put the HDR picture style on "vivid" but still, colors on sdr look 1000% better. Maybe I need to set something on my ps4 settings? I got my ps4 on hdmi3, I set everything on automatic. I tried to set yuv420, I tried rgb, I went to hdmi in tv settings, UHD settings optimized, same. I set it on standard, same. what I'm doing wrong? maybe my HDR is broken? I understand this is a 400$ tv, so I don't expect a great HDR, but I saw videos of some mid-low budget samsung providing a more accurate and colorful hdr, like samsung nu7400. Do I have to set my tv and my ps4 in a specific way? look at the following pics. Then, I notice an annoying white patch on the display, do I have to ask for a replacement?
The image on the right looks way more natural and better (imo) than the image on the left. The image on the left looks way too saturated (in terms of colour).

Do you have your SDR settings calibrated properly for SDR and then your HDR settings calibrated properly for HDR. If you view SDR content 'wrong', but think it is 'normal', then when you view true HDR content you may be underwhelmed.

It's also worth checking the in-game HDR calibration settings (if there are any), and also on the latest 7.0 system software for PS4 there is no a system wide HDR adjustment setting in sound and screen to help with HDR calibration for the console.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom