Philips 7304 reviews/experiences

How can I show the stream quality on Netflix or other apps ?
I can see only the quality with Amazon Prime App with the right arrow.
Thanks
Franco
It depends on the app. Netflix wil show HD, Ultra HD 4K or Dolby Vision below the title of the show. Also sound options will be displayed.

My 43PUS7304 passes trough every sound format (DD+, Atmos, DTS) correctly without hiccups trough ARC to my Soundbar (which is new). Although everything in Dolby from an HDMI source has terrible lag. Strongly advise to connect everything directly to your AVR if possible.

DD+ trough ARC is a relatively new functionality to enable Atmos over ARC, so I don’t expect your AVR to be able to process that correctly or at all if it’s even a few years old. Original ARC is not able to Pass-through DD+. The TV supports it but if your AVR is probably not Atmos compatible. Maybe that why it gets distorted. It can’t handle the bitrate?
Agree the issue is with the avr not the tv.using the tv built in speakers the sound will be dd+ when available since the codecs are

Hello guys,

I downloaded and installed newer NVM 0.61 file to help with my washed out hdr images.

Didn´t work.

In addintion, I think 5G wifi is considerably slower now.
Before it reached speeds of 220+ mbps and now it does not exceed 170mbps...

I am having problems with high bitrate uhdremux.

I have searched my old NVM 0.60 file over the entire internet but I have not found it. Does anyone have it?

My model is 50pus7304/12.

Thanks.

Hello guys,

I downloaded and installed newer NVM 0.61 file to help with my washed out hdr images.

Didn´t work.

In addintion, I think 5G wifi is considerably slower now.
Before it reached speeds of 220+ mbps and now it does not exceed 170mbps...

I am having problems with high bitrate uhdremux.

I have searched my old NVM 0.60 file over the entire internet but I have not found it. Does anyone have it?

My model is 50pus7304/12.

Thanks.
When watching hdr content have you checked to see if the hdmi setting is set to optimal for that input?

When watching hdr content have you checked to see if the hdmi setting is set to optimal for that input?
I watch uhdremux movies in kodi with plex add-on (Built-in Android TV).
Im not using hdmi input.
Really my priority is no longer to have a good HDR, but to have a good Wifi connection again

Last edited:
Internet speeds have been clipped to relieve pressure on demand due to Corona virus.

The change of NVM and the problem with the Wifi started before the coronavirus.

This is my connection wired:

1585217623706.png

I only have problems with the Wifi of the TV.

The change of NVM and the problem with the Wifi started before the coronavirus.

This is my connection wired:

View attachment 1273681

I only have problems with the Wifi of the TV.
On 5GHz my TV shows 300mbps. Keep in mind that 5GHz has considerably less range than 2,4GHz thus slower speeds on longer distances. Also the WiFi chip on this set isn’t that good, I had to change some settings on my router for it to connect at all.

What is the bitrate for your HDR streams? When using Plex my HDR UHD movie streams only need 40/50mbps max so 100mbps should be more than enough I guess?

On 5GHz my TV shows 300mbps. Keep in mind that 5GHz has considerably less range than 2,4GHz thus slower speeds on longer distances. Also the WiFi chip on this set isn’t that good, I had to change some settings on my router for it to connect at all.

What is the bitrate for your HDR streams? When using Plex my HDR UHD movie streams only need 40/50mbps max so 100mbps should be more than enough I guess?

The router is located less than 20 cm from the TV.

What settings have you changed in the router? I tried to switch channels 36/40/44 but didn't get more than 170mbps.

Plex needs double amount of bandwith than bitrate of the movie:

b08c9a57-d6a3-4d71-a998-a3093306dbc8.jpg

But having 150/160mbps in anailty, I play a movie with 60mbps (115mbps for Plex) and it stops randomly for a seconds a lot of times.

So I want to get the NVM 0.60 file. And so confirm if the loss of bandwidth has been for that reason.

(Sorry for my English, i know it's not very good)

Thanks!

Attachments

• eeb58726-c7b3-48c8-8ddb-ba39945a36ee.jpg
    eeb58726-c7b3-48c8-8ddb-ba39945a36ee.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 51
@TotoWax I tested in Plex and indeed, Plex dashboard shows the true bandwidth is almost double. I think I'm in the same boat as you, I just tested a movie in 4K HDR on MP4 container (same as you) with 'only' 100mbps bandwidth and it doesn't play smoothly. 4k HDR on MKV or m2ts containers is no problem so I think it's not a network thing, more a Plex/player/compatibility/transcoding issue.

To answer your question about the router: I had to turn of quick roaming (IEEE 802.11r) otherwise my TV couldn't connect to the network. Also turned off Beamforming. Those are the only things I could change as it's setup as an Access Point. I have TP-Link Deco M5 units.

@TotoWax I tested in Plex and indeed, Plex dashboard shows the true bandwidth is almost double. I think I'm in the same boat as you, I just tested a movie in 4K HDR on MP4 container (same as you) with 'only' 100mbps bandwidth and it doesn't play smoothly. 4k HDR on MKV or m2ts containers is no problem so I think it's not a network thing, more a Plex/player/compatibility/transcoding issue.

To answer your question about the router: I had to turn of quick roaming (IEEE 802.11r) otherwise my TV couldn't connect to the network. Also turned off Beamforming. Those are the only things I could change as it's setup as an Access Point. I have TP-Link Deco M5 units.

Sorry but dont understand about "MP4 container". Al my movies are in MKV. I pasted a image of the movie with biggest bitrate, but i have problems with movies having 50/60mbps (110/120 for Plex), all in 4K HDR in MKV.

Didnt have this problems before install NVM 0.61, when the signal received for Wifi 5GHZ decreased.

Thanks for the advice, I will take a look at the router settings, although it is a cheap router from my company.

Sorry but dont understand about "MP4 container". Al my movies are in MKV. I pasted a image of the movie with biggest bitrate, but i have problems with movies having 50/60mbps (110/120 for Plex), all in 4K HDR in MKV.

Didnt have this problems before install NVM 0.61, when the signal received for Wifi 5GHZ decreased.

Thanks for the advice, I will take a look at the router settings, although it is a cheap router from my company.
Well I have movies in MKV format that are x264 or x265 (HEVC) and the latter uses much less bandwidth. The movie I tested wasn’t MKV but MP4, but inside it is HEVC and still can’t play correctly. So maybe it’s a Plex thing.
Edit: also discovered that That same movie has 2 video streams inside 🤔 .

To make a long story short, did you try different movies that maybe use less bandwidth? Could be that the TV can handle it but that Plex can’t buffer some video formats correctly. Did you also try the build in video player?
I’ll test a few thing myself. Maybe it’s the connection after all, though my connection is more than adequate and having playback issues as well...

My tv is 58PUS7304...since recent upgrade to Freeview play I no longer have a favourites option...when I press options key, all I get is programme info, select day, record and box sets...no favourites option...any ideas anyone...looked on forum but no info that I could find

HI,

Toengel@Alex

Hello! Where can I download the TPM191E _ 001.002.173.004 firmware? I bought a 58PUS7304 a few days ago and it does not want to automatically upgrade to the latest version. Why? Currently it is on TPM191E _ 001.001.114.002. I did manually check for updates.

Thank you!

Hello! Where can I download the TPM191E _ 001.002.173.004 firmware? I bought a 58PUS7304 a few days ago and it does not want to automatically upgrade to the latest version. Why? Currently it is on TPM191E _ 001.001.114.002. I did manually check for updates.

Thank you!
You might want to keep on there for a while.later firmware have issues.firmware 004 is not available for download. Automatic update would take you to latest version which is 008.

Last edited:
Ok so I have had the TV for a couple of weeks now and played about with the settings and these are my observations. The TV OS isn't the fastest but it's not terrible. The android TV is good as seems to have a lot more apps than on the Panasonics I am used to. The picture quality varies significantly depending on what the source is and it is very noticeable. This is not the case with even my Panasonic GX800 where the screen impresses with everything from digital TV, HD and of course 4k source material. The ambilight is great and I wish that Panasonic or Sony could somehow license it,ha that would be a perfect TV. The picture quality on TV is very good for the price however I find for some reason I have to use HDR vivid when there is Dolby Vision content on Netflix and Disney + rather than the Dolby Vision bright setting as a default. This is really odd as the Dolby Vision metadata doesn't seem to work properly. My Panasonic gx800 in the bedroom was one of the first TVs last year to support Dolby Vision and that looks amazing but not so on the Philips. I don't know if anyone else finds this.oh and why did Philips have to use the cheapest remote control I have ever seen. The batteries seem to weigh more than the cheap plastic.

Last edited:
Anyone able to check/replicate an issue I am having with the built in Chromecast. In UK here, Most enabled apps cast fine but Now TV and Sky Store just sit at the loading screen. Tried different devices, rebooted TV and router. Reinstalled the apps on the phone I'm casting from but still the same.

Anyone able to check/replicate an issue I am having with the built in Chromecast. In UK here, Most enabled apps cast fine but Now TV and Sky Store just sit at the loading screen. Tried different devices, rebooted TV and router. Reinstalled the apps on the phone I'm casting from but still the same.
For some reason Now TV doesn’t support the built in Chromecast. I had to buy a separate Now TV stick.

I’ve been trying to get my replacement set to work with Alexa but having problems.

The original set was ok but I get an “unresponsive” message on the Alexa app against the Philips TV. When I do a scan for new devices it picks up a Sony Android set which I don’t own.

Any advice?

I’ve been trying to get my replacement set to work with Alexa but having problems.

The original set was ok but I get an “unresponsive” message on the Alexa app against the Philips TV. When I do a scan for new devices it picks up a Sony Android set which I don’t own.

Any advice?
What alexa device are you using?

Thanks for that, that's a bit of a pain but I have a stick here so not the end of the world. I wonder what the feud is between Now TV/Sky and Phillips.

Another thing quickly, anyone managed to create a favourite channel list. Was wanting to organise the broadcast HD channels in place of there SD counterparts but can't get the option to create a favourite list that I can organise.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom