Philips 7304 reviews/experiences

I can't see any example of it? Philips want me to send them a video of the issue.
I also have the same problems with the 8204 model. I can't video the problem as it doesn't show on the camera. Unfortunately I can't roll back the software on mine, the only fix is to make the screen as bright as possible with the contrast and HDR upscaling turned on. I'm hoping Philips can find a fix, seems like it's a software issue, I've sent them logs but no response so far.

Can someone explain to me something. I bought the Phillips 58pus7304 and I'm happy with it. Nvm version 0.60 no hdr problems, colourfull 75 highest contrast etc because I like it. is this nvm version oké or it should update automatically with a new update in the feature or is it a hardware version.

But in the secret menu I see the ambilight brigthnes of the units 1 is at brigtniss 84 second unit is at 100 etc. Why is it by default like this and not all units at 100?

Accidentally clicked on the store button in the secret menu did I do something wrong? because I also see now shop operation hours but this still shows 0 hours. Because the TV is now randomly turning on sometimes.

:update I turned off automatic frequency broadcast updates in the settings now as according to the site hoping it will be fixed. But first time I saw it starting automatically this night 3 times after I clicked on the store button in thr menu

Last edited:
I think og you factory reset the set. I think store mode Will be gone. Dont remember if there is another way to change from store mode to Home mode.

But the TV isn't jn store mode I think, it isn't showing anything from store mode. I clicked only accidentally on store in the secret menu and I don't know what it did.

But the TV isn't jn store mode I think, it isn't showing anything from store mode. I clicked only accidentally on store in the secret menu and I don't know what it did.
Thats why you dont fudge about in the service Menu. Try factory reset. If that does not works, hopefully others know. Or last resort Call Philips, and dont give them the S/N if the TV. Warranty Will be void.

Last edited:
50pus7394/12 delivered today. Still setting it up. Teletext doesn't work. Press the text button and a message comes up in the bottom right corner "No Text Available" this is on BBC 1 and BBC 1 HD. Anyone else got this problem. It hasn't been turned off yet, it works on my other tv.

Regards to all, JT

50pus7394/12 delivered today. Still setting it up. Teletext doesn't work. Press the text button and a message comes up in the bottom right corner "No Text Available" this is on BBC 1 and BBC 1 HD. Anyone else got this problem. It hasn't been turned off yet, it works on my other tv.

Regards to all, JT

Teletext died years ago, try the red button for BBC1 but even that's slowly being phased out...

I think maybe Philips phased it out as the internet is far better for information and TVs are smart TVs now.

Yes, me too with a 43PUS7304
I am having a problem with my 43psu7304.I cant get easylink to turn on in tv settings to send audio to my yamaha avr.It seems locked.does your easylink work ok?Any ideas would be welcome.Dont know if it is software related.im on the latest version.

Hi

how's uniform should the 43pus7394 be? I have like a less white/darker boarder around the screen and inch in from the edge on a full white or colour background. It's not to noticeable under normal viewing apart from advert logo screens or skylines. Blacks are uniform though don't notice any bleed! Is this what to expect?
Cheers

I can't upload video here (to big?) will givevyoublink later today.
Cheers, 002 firmware seemed to sort the issue out though! Trouble is mentioning a firmware rollback to Philips might not be a good idea, warranty etc but it would give them clues to what they broke in 007 and compare the two!

Following up my earlier post, I think my screen has heavy bleeding, I read some internet pages about bleeding, tried some settings but especially the one to the lower left is always there and also on other sections of the screen there seems to be bleeding. Please let me have your judgement:

View attachment 1254465View attachment 1254466View attachment 1254467View attachment 1254468View attachment 1254469View attachment 1254470

Sorry for quoting myself (well sometimes I talk to myself too) but I wanted to show the difference with the brand new device I got swapped out yesterday:

Attachments

• IMG_20200213_205944.jpg
    IMG_20200213_205944.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 389
If this is an ips panel it looks almost perfect. Well done mate for your perseverance!

The HDR on the 50pus7394 I've just had delivered is rubbish, washed out colors etc. I've played with the settings but can't seem to improve it much. I'm on the 002 firmware, updated the set as soon as it arrived so I wouldn't have to do everything again if it did a factory reset after the update. The label on the back says it was made in December 2019 so I was assuming that it would have the latest firmware already installed. I've been reading through the posts and I'm wondering if the 0.61 firmware might sort it. Does anyone know if that's an ok firmware for this model ?
Any help would be greatly appreciated

EDIT sorry, just re-read the firmware number I'm on. Don't think it's the 002, think it's the 007.
TPM191ER.001. 002. 173. 007 saw the 002 and thought that was it
Creation Date Tue Dec 10 19:59:42 CST 2019

Regards to all, JT

Last edited:
P
Cheers, 002 firmware seemed to sort the issue out though! Trouble is mentioning a firmware rollback to Philips might not be a good idea, warranty etc but it would give them clues to what they broke in 007 and compare the two!
Philip's must have had plenty feedback about this issue by now.They should have come up with a new firmware by now to address this and other issues but still nothing.They are still happy to sell these TVs with the same issues though!

P
Philip's must have had plenty feedback about this issue by now.They should have come up with a new firmware by now to address this and other issues but still nothing.They are still happy to sell these TVs with the same issues though!
Those that rolled back to 002 firmware, does that mean you lose freeview play?

Regards to all, JT

I have the same problem using a 43PUS7304, from what I’ve briefly read online you need to connect your tv to internet and update the software after which Teletext should work again. And yes, Teletext is still a thing on BBC1 HD. Use it all the time for football news.

Thanks for the reply. Updated the firmware online as soon as I set it up. Made no difference. I know it hasn't been switched of yet, it still works on my other tv. It appears that the BBC are reveiwing their decision to switch the service off after receiving lots of complaints from various organisations. They are supposed to be giving a decision sometime in the spring. I find it very useful for local and general news, haven't bought a newspaper for years. Hopefully, Phillips haven't phased it out on new sets because of the expected service switch off.

Regards to all, JT

They still include a ‘Text’ button on the remote control so I don’t think Philips have already phased out the feature?

But, hopefully someone who owns one of these models in the U.K. and has Teletext working can comment?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom