Philips 7403 vs 7603

toure7

Standard Member
Reaction score
I've noticed that 7403 has gaming mode and 7603 does not have. I know a lot of people complaining about the input lag of 7603. Does anyone have 7403 to tell me the input lag with gaming mode activated?

non existant.... tint issues and weird backlight bleed issues though..

Hmm many people said that this tv had 100ms lag and sometimes higher.... Really i don't know what to believe

Hmm many people said that this tv had 100ms lag and sometimes higher.... Really i don't know what to believe

well mine has ZERO and is perfect for lag, or rather it has no lag when set to game mode. Which it has.

It does have issues with even backlighting, as well as a weird tint issues when in dark situations plus other weird things. Its a good tv though overall i would say, amblight is nice.

No lag though.

i'll never buy philips again after the trouble i've had with my 7603.7 weeks and counting for a warranty repair due to the screen failing within 9 months

My 7603 is just for watching TV now. Terrible to game on. Massive input lag. So bad, I couldn't play on it with games like COD4 and Rock Band etc, so bought a Samsung LE40A656 to game on, which was a huge improvement (Recently bought a Sony 32V5500 also, which I quite like).

Sorry, but I cannot recommend the 7603 to game on at all, but for watching movies etc, and standard def... the quality is awesome.

I was one of the people defending this TV for a good while, but when I started noticing just how horrible the input lag was, I couldn't defend it anymore in terms of using it to game on.

Btw, to the topic creator... have a gander at this thread. It may answer some questions you may have:

http://www.avforums.com/forums/lcd-televisions/759513-philips-7603-a.html

Last edited:
My 7603 is just for watching TV now. Terrible to game on. Massive input lag. So bad, I couldn't play on it with games like COD4 and Rock Band etc, so bought a Samsung LE40A656 to game on, which was a huge improvement (Recently bought a Sony 32V5500 also, which I quite like).

Sorry, but I cannot recommend the 7603 to game on at all, but for watching movies etc, and standard def... the quality is awesome.

I was one of the people defending this TV for a good while, but when I started noticing just how horrible the input lag was, I couldn't defend it anymore in terms of using it to game on.

Btw, to the topic creator... have a gander at this thread. It may answer some questions you may have:

http://www.avforums.com/forums/lcd-televisions/759513-philips-7603-a.html

choose game mode, lag = 100% gone or at least it is for me, and im a hardcore gamer (PS3/360 user)

Maybe you had an inferior firmware?

who knows.

choose game mode, lag = 100% gone or at least it is for me, and im a hardcore gamer (PS3/360 user)

Maybe you had an inferior firmware?

who knows.

I did everything that was possible with the 7603 to eliminate lag as I didn't want to fork out for another TV just to game on, but I had no choice. The TV has horrendous lag when gaming no matter what you try on the TV mate. Btw, Wu Xian, are you sure you definitely have the 7603 model and not one of the other higher end ones?

I am sorry, but as someone who tried for a good couple of months to game on this set with no lag, I had to eventually give up and just use this for watching TV and blu rays.

Here's an example... I had Top Spin 3 as well, and when I tried playing that online, it was nearly impossible because when my opponent served a shot to me, I couldn't even return the ball because of the input lag delay. Every single shot he served and I tried to return would just result in him getting an ace every time. Tried in on the Samsung A656 I bought and no problems at all.

I am not alone in saying this about this TVs input lag also. Go read that other thread I posted a link to. There you will find others that absolutely love this TV, but for gaming, it really isn't good (And I game a hell of a lot so of course I did notice it).

Well... if you don't notice it, then good for you, but I game a hell of a lot and like music based games, first person shooters etc, and I notice it.

I am glad you are happy with the TV though. I just couldn't defend it anymore in regards to gaming and input lag, no matter how pretty the TV looked (I have the 47 inch), it's just used now for watching TV and Blu Rays.

Here's a good post from someone else within that thread that defended this TV when I said about the input lag, but eventually saw for himself how bad it was, and even had a Philips tech guy tell him the same thing:

http://www.avforums.com/forums/9160077-post283.html

Anyway, last post from me so...

Philips 7603 is AWESOME for SD and watching Blu Ray, but is terrible to game on. I have to be honest and say this because I wouldn't want someone else going out and spending all that money on this TV if they are looking for a TV to game on a lot.

Last edited:
OK here we go:

I got the tv, plugged ps3 in got lag. LOOOTS of lag, i then chose Game Mode and BAM .. ZERO lag and i mean ZERO.

I play Killzone 2, Resistance 2, flow, flower, uncharted, motorstorm, wipeout, tomb raider underworld, assassins creed, lair, heavenely sword, COD4/5 and tons and tons of other games and i find them PERFECT, no lag whatsoever and ive owned 8 hdtv's so far, samsungs, phillips etc etc

Lag is something i would notcie as i hate it with a vengeance!

Its definatly a 7603, its a 32" 7603.

Strange that you get zero lag though, when there are a hell of a lot of people saying the same thing about lag on this set. It doesn't even really have a dedicated game mode like the Samsung and Sonys either if I remember right (You are talking about just renaming the input, right?). I did everything with this 7603, went googling about the input lag and looking to see if I could find any solutions, and it was a waste of time. Found people complaining of the lag, and even saw lag test screenshots, but no solution to lower it.

What is your set up out of curiousity? Myself... I game on the 360 and PS3 both through HDMI. Maybe the 32 inch of this set is better than the bigger size versions? I don't know... just trying to get my head around it because I know the lag was horrendous for me no matter what on my 47 inch.

Anyway, again... I am glad you are happy with your set. Myself and many other gamers were not.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom