Philips 75PUS6754

Yes, besides size and ambilight, the P5 engine and android os are the two main reasons for buying the 75pus7354.

The 75PUS6754 is back on for £899 at Curry’s if anyone’s interested.

It’s likely that Richer Sounds or John Lewis would price match that if you’re quick.

Hey sounds11 tried your settings & it has sorted the green issue I made some slight changes then but they are spot on 👍
You talked about locking them down how do I do that ?
Cheers Sean

Glad your green tint has gone.

To lock down do as follows. Haven't tried it on our model yet so not sure if it works:

Once you have set them up, if you press "473473" on the remote the little padlock will lock it down, so others can't mess around with the settings.

The 75PUS6754 is back on for £899 at Curry’s if anyone’s interested.

It’s likely that Richer Sounds or John Lewis would price match that if you’re quick.

RS reduced their price to £899 this morning, and using TV20 discount code it can be had for £879.

RS reduced their price to £899 this morning, and using TV20 discount code it can be had for £879.

I got mine from RS for that price. I paid an extra £20 for Saturday delivery. I think thats the best deal for this TV

I got mine from RS for that price. I paid an extra £20 for Saturday delivery. I think thats the best deal for this TV

I originally paid £999 but noticed the price went down so contacted them and they refunded the difference. Can't beat RS really.

Im thinking of returning my tv, for a LG 65sk8100 at the same price, but the again its smaler. I this a bad trade?

It looks like a better overall TV according to this review.

However if you dont mind dropping to 55" size you can get the OLED Philips 55OLED754 with Ambilight for £1100 in the UK. If you're not worried about Ambilight Im sure I saw a 55" Hiesense OLED for £999 recently. Im sure the actual panels are probably from LG anyway.

Personally after a few years of my QLED Im a bit over the ultra picture settings when most of what i watch looks perfectly good on my much cheaper PUS6754.

It looks like a better overall TV according to this review.

However if you dont mind dropping to 55" size you can get the OLED Philips 55OLED754 with Ambilight for £1100 in the UK. If you're not worried about Ambilight Im sure I saw a 55" Hiesense OLED for £999 recently. Im sure the actual panels are probably from LG anyway.

Personally after a few years of my QLED Im a bit over the ultra picture settings when most of what i watch looks perfectly good on my much cheaper PUS6754.
I live in Denmark, så pricing is not the same, but this lg will set me back 580£, and the philips 70pus6724 was the same 580, and I can get a 55 inch Oled lg B9 for around 780.
I could try to first get a replacement, and see if that changes my view on it.

Last edited:
Hi all loving my settings but I find in some dark scenes I get a blocky uneven look to the dark background of the image . Dose anyone know what setting I can adjust to sort ? Or is this normal on led IPS panels ?
It only happens occasionally but it's really annoying .
Cheers sean

Hi all loving my settings but I find in some dark scenes I get a blocky uneven look to the dark background of the image . Dose anyone know what setting I can adjust to sort ? Or is this normal on led IPS panels ?
Cheers sean

I cant say Ive ever noticed this myself. Can you post images of the problem?

Cheers sean
Its due to bad compression or low resolution on the source material, you can set mpeg noise reduction and noise reduction hugger, helped for me on dvd's. I also get it alot on HBO nordic, due to a very low bitrate.
Btw my tv, was ok when I got to the dealer it had absolutely no bleed, and now the bleed is completely gone

Its due to bad compression on the source material, you can set mpeg noise reduction and noise reduction hugger, helped for me on dvd's. I also get it alot on HBO nordic, due to a very low bitrate.
Btw my tv, was ok when I got to the dealer it had absolutely no bleed, and now the bleed is completely gone

I've been buying Apple iPads since they launched. These displays are glued to the units. The glue takes days to set and is usually not fully bonded to the body when theyre shipped and delivered. People complain about light bleed and stupidly return unit after unit. However days later the glue sets sold and the light bleed is gone.

I've been buying Apple iPads since they launched. These displays are glued to the units. The glue takes days to set and is usually not fully bonded to the body when theyre shipped and delivered. People complain about light bleed and stupidly return unit after unit. However days later the glue sets sold and the light bleed is gone.
I repaired tv for a multi brand workshops, and normaly on bigger tvs, the panel is a little loose, and can under the assembly be placed a little wrong. But mine under the transport placed right, and before I drove it had bleed, and after the drove it was ok.
IMG_20200223_004835.jpg

Last edited:
I repaired tv for a multi brand workshops, and normaly on bigger tvs, the panel is a little loose, and can under the assembly be placed a little wrong. But mine under the transport placed right, and before I drove it had bleed, and after the drove it was ok.View attachment 1261623
Have you decided to keep it? LCDs always have light bleed but mine is neglible to a point where its non-existant in my regular vewing even in the dark.

Yes
Have you decided to keep it? LCDs always have light bleed but mine is neglible to a point where its non-existant in my regular vewing even in the dark.
Yes I will keep it, it has nearly no bleed now. It's a best case led tv now, so Im kind of impressed by it now.
And it is a VA panel on my 70 inch, there is a color degradation at the sides. But it has crisp and nice Black instead though, so thats what Im after.

Yes
Yes I will keep it, it has nearly no bleed now. It's a best case led tv now, so Im kind of impressed by it now.
And it is a VA panel on my 70 inch, there is a color degradation at the sides. But it has crisp and nice Black instead though, so thats what Im after.

My IPS blacks are more than acceptible. In fact I think my 3yrs old QLED has started to develop light bleed and is worse. I think the incredible local dimining which hides this.

Last edited:
My IPS blacks are more than acceptible. In fact I think my 3yrs old QLED has started to develop light bleed and is worse. I think the incredible local dimining which hides this.

I love Ambilight. There are my Philips Hue Play bars behing the TV. Over 1,000 lumens of brightness on top of Ambilight.

View attachment 1261689

Right now Im watching Rambo Last blood in 4K on my 75PUS6754 IPS screen with Philips Hue Play lamps and I could not be happier.

The extended lights look incredible and fill my whole flat with a jaw dropping ambience. My backwall is easily 200 inches in diamater and as you can see from the images and video the whole wll is bathed in light.

View attachment 1261686
It looks Nice, with the extra hue lights.
Right now Im updating my fw, My tv said it was the same or older, but the time stamp on my fw was august 19, and the update is october 19.
I dont know if its older, but I think that bad compressed material is better, as my hbo nordic is better looking now.

Last edited:
How well/smoothly do you find that casting to this TV works?

Screen mirroring works fine, but I find that casting from my phone (Android) using apps like LocalCast etc is a bit hit and miss.

For example, some videos play/forward/rewind with no issues, using either my phone or the TV remote to control. However, some videos play but won't forward/rewind... and some videos just won't play at all.

All of these videos play/forward/rewind on my other TV perfectly.

How well/smoothly do you find that casting to this TV works?

Screen mirroring works fine, but I find that casting from my phone (Android) using apps like LocalCast etc is a bit hit and miss.

For example, some videos play/forward/rewind with no issues, using either my phone or the TV remote to control. However, some videos play but won't forward/rewind... and some videos just won't play at all.

All of these videos play/forward/rewind on my other TV perfectly.
I cant help with that, as I dont use the casting, if I cast I use my built in chromecast in my mi box s

Costco now have the 65inch version for £699 with a 5yr warranty. Seems like a good deal to me.

Thats an ok price, but I dont understand the pricing for the 70 inch in Denmark, as its 580£, and the 65 is also 580£, but the 75 896£, I think its quite a jump in price.

Thats an ok price, but I dont understand the pricing for the 70 inch in Denmark, as its 580£, and the 65 is also 580£, but the 75 896£, I think its quite a jump in price.

I think your 70PUS6754 might be exclusive to Denmark. I have seen nothing else about it anywhere. Even Google only about seven results show up.

I was looking for 70pus6754 instead of 70pus6724 lol.

In the UK its £780 in the UK but it's seem to be on sale for €729 on Kedak Online which is £612. Thats an amazing price. I did look into the import cost but delivery to the UK would be €230. Not surprising considering its size and weight!

It looks identical spec wise to the 75" version. It has been rated to have 178 degree viewing angles so is probably an IPS panel.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom