Philips 75PUS6754

I suppose modes like isf day and isf night are a no go for this model. Also, looking back at your settings, some of them seem a bit high. You might want to consider toning them down a bit. Just my two cents!

I do have a south facing living room with floor to ceiling windows and today was a rather sunny day. It might have effected my calibration. Anyhow, they looked very good under the conditons at the time.

Plus Im so used to seeing QLED I would probably have set my settings to match what im used to seeing. At night I change the Picture setting from Vivid to standard at it drops the brightness quite a bit while retaining all the colours and detail.

I would very much like to try someone else's settings too to see how it looks

Last edited:
About the Hue lights. You must have done something wrong or bought the wrong item. Hue lights are supposed to be in sync with tv's ambilight in order to enhance or extend the effect. The only drawback they have is a minor response lag due to wireless transmission. Check out a video on youtube called
Philips 43pus7304&Philips Hue by user DaffyTech and you'll see what I mean. Have you also bought Philips Hue Bridge?

Last edited:
I bought this TV from Richer Sounds a week ago, and am having a lot of issues.
The Netflix app on it keeps locking up and I have to restart the TV to get it to kick in. It is unresponsive when selecting shows on Netflix then starts buffering etc, Internet speed is excellent, tried different cable, have tried wireless, wired makes no difference.
Also I set up Soundbar hdmi cable into HDMI 1 Arc and each and every time I turn on TV or switch from Netflix to the TV there is no sound at all, I have to go to settings, change from HDMI ARC to headphones and then back again to get the TV to pick up the Soundbar.
Tried different HDMI cables, makes no difference.
Don't want to, but think I am going to return it for a refund... 😔...... Anyone have any ideas?

About the Hue lights. You must have done something wrong or bought the wrong item. Hue lights are supposed to be in sync with tv's ambilight in order to enhance or extend the effect. The only drawback they have is a minor response lag due to wireless transmission. Check out a video on youtube called
Philips 43pus7304&Philips Hue by user DaffyTech and you'll see what I mean. Have you also bought Philips Hue Bridge?

I dont think Ive done anything wrong. I have the bridge, dimmer, 3 Gu10 ceiling spotlights and synced it to the TV. The lights match and follow the TV however for me the issue is theyre not as colourful and even in dark scenes they remain on enough to shine a warm whitish light down. I dont think my dark floorboards they reflect to help. I dont think my particular room lends itself well to these ceiling lights.

I will take a movie clip to show you. Its daylight and Ive shut the curtains but I still think the ceilng lights detract from the immersion. I am quite keen to try hue lamps. To be honest I think the stock telly is just fine as it is.

I am using paragon on my mac to drop super large MKV files on my mates usb 3 stick for him to play on his TV which works perfectly. Thank god for usb 3 as the idea of waiting an hour plus to transfer one file to a stick on USB2 is just tragic.

I don't know what else to tell you. A friend of mine has a set up of 55pus6703 with two external hue lights like that: COL Iris clear | Hue placed in the back corners of his large living room and they are definitely effective. The whole room is flooded with the Ambilight effect and looks like a night club. Quite impressive really, made me jealous and is the main reason I am dead set my new tv must definitely have Ambilight.

I have to admit, upon 2nd viewing the ceiling lights do seem to add to the effect but i think I'd much more prefer hue lamps side by side to the TV. But then I'd still need to spend £50 on a bridge so Im thinking we might actually keep these but only because the bridge is so essential.

Im willing to admit i might have been wrong with my first impressions of the bulbs. We have a family gathering today where we're watching a movie in ambilight and hue so we'll see what they all think too.

In the mean time I finally found a place to store the box!

Last edited:
Humax - I took this clip earlier for you to see the ambilight demo. Ive turned the hue lights on and off during the demo. I'm not 100% sure whether they really add the the immersion but im willing to give t another try so im 100% sure. I think watching it during different times of the day might also help me decide whether we'll keep them. As you can see we have ottomons next to the TV where I'd quite like to add hue lamps - which needs a bridge - which might make it worth keeping this kit after all.

It is worth noticing the difference in the room light with the ceiling light on and off. I'd like to know what you think

Last edited:
As I have said I still don't have a Philips set and my only experience with hue lights is my friend's set up. I saw the video you posted and you are right the extra bulbs hardly make a difference and they are very dim. It's been a while since I last visited my friend's house, but I do remember his iris lamps were quite bright and certainly made a difference. The only problem I saw was they were a bit slow to follow tv's Ambilight and their cost obviously. I also remember him saying that the iris lamp of the above link is the brightest model of the hue series. Anyway, he has two of them placed on wooden speaker stands at the back of his large living room and he still feels he needs two more in the middle of the room. Go figure!

I made a new topic about my experience with the 70PUS6724, since it´s basically the same as the 6754 I thought I´d post here too.

I was originally planning on getting the One 7304 but reading specs and comparing them in store, there didn´t seem to be any noticeble difference between them, except Saphi/Android, Alexa support and the old gen. P5 vs. Pixel Perfect. If anything I thought the 6000 series had slightly better picture.

However, the 6724 is extremely frustrating. I was spending days trying to calibrate the picture without much progress. It did show potential sure, some video material looked really good, while others looked like sh*t, even HDR. Light sources like braziers with dark background looked horrible, with artifacts and noise all over. Colors looked bland and pale.

Ofcourse the firmware online-update didn´t work so I went the USB route. On the Philips website no firmware exist for the 6724, so I got firmware 091.002.078.253 from the 6704 support site. Interestingly the tv said its current firmware was newer than the one I had just downloaded, but I installed it anyway. Huge improvements to picture quality. It´s not perfect by any means but DV and HDR actually looks somewhat impressive. Still some lower quality Netflix material, like the Millenium trilogy, looks bad, but I can live with that. There is also clouding going from bottom left corner to top right. Kinda annoying but it´s manageble I guess. Atleast since I only payed around 750 EUR for this massive tv.

The most irritating thing about the 6724 though is it´s painfully slow! Like switching sources, starting netflix or changing picture setting can take 5-10 seconds. It´s like working with an old Pentium 1 processor. And it got even slower after updating. I read somewhere about a hack to make it run faster, anybody knows? Or is it just Saphi being sh*te?

Odd, I cannot call my 6754 slow in any way. I thought it would be slow and useless in terms of the "smart" features, but it tuned out to be the exact opposite. Latest firmware installed itself no problem from the Internet.
As for 7304 vs 6754/24, the 7304's specs promise wide gamut support (DCI-P3), while 6754 does not list that. Wide gamut should result in denser, more vibrant colors, especially in HDR. Based on your comparison between 7304 and 6724, are you saying that 7304 is actually worse?

Odd, I cannot call my 6754 slow in any way. I thought it would be slow and useless in terms of the "smart" features, but it tuned out to be the exact opposite. Latest firmware installed itself no problem from the Internet.
As for 7304 vs 6754/24, the 7304's specs promise wide gamut support (DCI-P3), while 6754 does not list that. Wide gamut should result in denser, more vibrant colors, especially in HDR. Based on your comparison between 7304 and 6724, are you saying that 7304 is actually worse?

I only compared 6724 to 7304 in a store. 75" vs 70" in different lightings and with different video sources. And they looked extremely similar, if the 6724 looked slightly better it was within the margin of error

My smart features borderline are useless, it's that slow. What firmware version do you have?

Saphi is a relatively new OS and needs several firmware updates in order to iron out the bugs and work decently. If you cannot wait for several months for the tv to receive them, then buy something like fire cube or the new shield and be done with this software. As for picture performance the P5 is supposed to be a better and more powerful processor than pixel perfect and there is also Android to consider. It is not by chance Philips themselves call the 7000 the performance series or the One.

Last edited:
Saphi is a relatively new OS and needs several firmware updates in order to iron out the bugs and work decently. If you cannot wait for several months for the tv to receive them, then buy something like fire cube or the new shield and be done with this software. As for picture performance the P5 is suppose to be a better and more powerful processor than pixel perfect and there is also Android to consider. It is not by chance Philips themselves call the 7000 the performance series or the One.

Well I use kodi on a separate raspberry pie. Only thing I use smart tv for is the Netflix app since it gives me Atmos. It shouldn't be 10 seconds just to change hdmi source, new OS or not.

"The One" is a sales pitch. It's processor is the 1st gen. P5... I'd bet there is no noticible difference between the 1st gen P5 and Pixel Perfect.

Has anyone tried Hue Playlights with Ambilight? I was wondering whether it would enhance the effect. The Hue lamps seem to be an alterntive to ambilight for TVs that dont have it but you need the hue bridge and hue signal box so its quite pricey as a seperate kit. I do remember someone on Amazon reviewed it and said they used those bars with the ambilight TVs

Rightyo then, so the ceilng GU10 bulbs from my Philips Hue ceilng lights were a distaster I think given my living room conditons however I bought some Edison to GU10 adaptors and put them into two lamps (one with a shade and one without) side by side to the telly and pointing UP not down. I have to say I was much more impressed

Here is an image with the Hue lights off

Here is an image with the Hue lights on

What do you all think?!

I have to say it looks WAY more exagerated in the photos. Its by no means as bright as a nightclub effect. In person, the Ambilights alone look nice and wonderful in the dark. With the Hue lamps, you get a bit more light, enough to enjoy being basked in Ambilght glow. Defintely bright enough for us to watch a movie and have our dinner without needing the room lamps on.

The GU10 ceiling lamps are not as great as dedicated lamp bulbs but these are going back and I'll either buy actual hue lamps or the Hue play bar.

Here is a side view

Last edited:
The second photo certainly gives a fuller, more desirable effect. IMHO, I would find a way to keep the hue bridge. Besides Ambilight, it can be used to control the general ambient lighting of your house. As for which hue lamp to choose, I would look at the lamp with the higher lumens output. Better to have more luminance and be able to tone it down than not enough. Cost is a general issue with hue lamps. Philips certainly overprices them.

The second photo certainly gives a fuller, more desirable effect. IMHO, I would find a way to keep the hue bridge. Besides Ambilight, it can be used to control the general ambient lighting of your house. As for which hue lamp to choose, I would look at the lamp with the higher lumens output. Better to have more luminance and be able to tone it down than not enough. Cost is a general issue with hue lamps. Philips certainly overprices them.

I'll keep the Hue bridge since its essential for any Ambilght/Hue set up.

The GU10 ceiling spotlights were never designed for lamps and projecting to the walls but im super impressed by what they achieve in my lamps. This set up was just to test whether the bulbs as lamps would be effective and they definitely seem to be. Im not keeping these bulbs but I'll certainly be buyng the Hue Play lamps now.

All these images are taken by a wide angle lense which makes everything miniature. Thats a 75" screen with 6x the area behind it nicely lit up

Last edited:
Looks great. I've bin eying this tv as an upgrade for my 2016 55 ks7000. Back then cheapest 75 was £2500. This seems a bargain. My only worry is I'm an avid gamer any idea what the input lag is on this tv. Does it have a game mode and is it responsive. Cheers. Also I've read there is closer feet mounting option is this true.

Well my dual Hue Play bars finally arrived today. It was a bit of a fiddle setting them up. I wont go into all that but here are the before and after pictures.

This is the TV with the standard ambilight set to maximum

Last edited:
No doubt it's a great tv. Just worried about input lag. Gaming is very important to me. Have you gamed on this tv and does it feel snappy. Thanks for your feedback and your setup looks great. I also have a 100inch projector setup I watch movies on so the tv will be for mainly gaming and some Netflix.

No doubt it's a great tv. Just worried about input lag. Gaming is very important to me. Have you gamed on this tv and does it feel snappy. Thanks for your feedback and your setup looks great. I also have a 100inch projector setup I watch movies on so the tv will be for mainly gaming and some Netflix.

I dont really game so I cant tell you how effective it is but according to the website below its 20ms.

Netflix works a treat. The 4K is good once you tweak the picture settings it and the HDR is a lot better than I expected. I got this as a general TV vewing box so it delivers on that front. As a gaming TV I dont think it will cut it if you're a serious gamer.

Its an all round good TV but it doesnt excel in any particular area. The ambilights are definitely a wow factor and if you like it you can use it as a platform to add more lights to the set up as Im doing. However i think you can probably find much snapper gaming TVs than this.

Ive been playing about with the Hue Play bars and seeing if they are worth the extra £100 plus £50 for the bridge on top of the price of the TV.

I'm pretty sure I dont want to buy new lamps and dot them around the living room. The play bars can be hidden behind the TV and seem to amplify the ambilight effect.

The positioning is important too. I watched through a movie last night when the bars were on the TV stand at a low height. The bottom corners felt too light intense. Today I tried placing them above (and recalibrated them on the Hue system) and I think the positioning is better.

Ive taken these two pictures this morning so the ambilights are fighting some daylight. Even so I can see a big improvement in colour intensity.

This is with the ambilight off - ideal for day time viewing.

The ambilight is now on but the play bars are off

Both the Ambilight and play bars are on

The Ambilight is on but the Play bars are off

The ambilight is on and the Play bars are on again

Im going to try to play around with the positioning and angles of the bar and then attach them to the back of the TV and that should be my set up complete.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom