Philips 75PUS6754

Techradar review of the 6753 said

”The good one is that while running in its Game preset, the Philips 55PUS6753 records only 18ms of input lag – an impressively low figure that makes it an unusually responsive screen for gamers.”

and I think the only difference is the voice control according to this -

but Really as a gamer Samsung rule the roost on input lag.

Or just seen this review for the Philips 6814 55" with 3 side ambilight saying that model has 19.1ms input lag which is the best thence seen on a Philips TV

Last edited:
Techradar review of the 6753 said

”The good one is that while running in its Game preset, the Philips 55PUS6753 records only 18ms of input lag – an impressively low figure that makes it an unusually responsive screen for gamers.”

and I think the only difference is the voice control according to this -

but Really as a gamer Samsung rule the roost on input lag.

Or just seen this review for the Philips 6814 55" with 3 side ambilight saying that model has 19.1ms input lag which is the best thence seen on a Philips TV

As far as I can find, the 6814 is the same as the 6734, but with some nicer design features, as a more metal build.
And Alexa support.

Thanks for the info on input lag very helpful. 20ms is great just worried it would be closer to 50ms. Was looking to upgrade my projector to 4k but the input lag on the ones in my price range are 60-80ms which would be unplayable really. Think I'm gonna bite on this tv. My brother had one of the older ambilight TV's and I've wanted one ever since.

I just got myt 70PUS6724 yesterday, and I must say that the 4k picture is great, the blacks are ok, but not the best offcource. But the 480P upscaling is bad, I had netflix 480P up to now, also on my old TCL 4K tv, and it scaled ok, on this it looks like I don't realy now, but bad. 720p is pretty ok scaled, and all over 1080P is great. I think this is because of the missing P5 processor, as it should be ok for scaling.

Gotta Say.. for a model range that doesn't get much coverage on the internet, this thread is and hopefully will continue to be a really good source of info and chat.

Paresh, you smashed it - keep up the good work mate.

Don't take it for granted all 70" 6000 series are va. At least one model, the 6504, is not. It is supposed to be an introductory model series after all. The 70pus7304 is definately va though and has good black performance, even under bright store lights that I saw it.

I found this to be one of the very few and best online reviews for the PUS6754. This covers the 50" VA panel. Theres a lot of juicy technical info too. There are recoomended picture settings for standard and 4K content.

Edit: I cant link the translated version but you can run it through Google Translate.

I just purchased the 55PUS6754 for just 330£. Does anyone have any suggestions on the best settings for this TV?
Talked to a calibration expert yesterday and he charged almost as much as the price of the TV to come to my home and calibrate the TV. I know that the surroundings and light conditions is diferrent for every place...but has anyone calibrated it and would like to share the settings with the forum?

As I recall the 55 inch is a IPS panel, like 43, 65 and 75.
The 50, 58 and 70 shoul be VA.
So I dont know of the link xParesh csnbe used, as its for a VA model. But I think it would be a good starting point maybe.
Btw I got My 70" for 4999 dkkr (725 USD)

Ooh not sure now. Argos has the 70 inch 6704 for £780. Is that a VA panel. Curry's has the 75 6754 for £999 which I assume is ips. I currently have a ks7000 which is VA but the viewing angles are pretty bad. Decisions decisions. I do prefer the black frame on the 70 6704.

I just purchased the 55PUS6754 for just 330£. Does anyone have any suggestions on the best settings for this TV?
Talked to a calibration expert yesterday and he charged almost as much as the price of the TV to come to my home and calibrate the TV. I know that the surroundings and light conditions is diferrent for every place...but has anyone calibrated it and would like to share the settings with the forum?

Nah dont go with mine, Im still tweaking them. Go with the ones in the review I linked to. Here they are translated

SD settings.JPG

4K settings.JPG

My room is too bright for these settings and Im used to QLED so mentally I used these are a place to start (much better than the factory settings and then just calibrate them visually to suit my taste.

If you choose to go for the 75" 6754 then buy it from Richer Sounds instead of Currys. As of Friday they had 20 back in stock for delivery, it's the same price and you'll get the better customer service + 6 year warranty.

Ooh not sure now. Argos has the 70 inch 6704 for £780. Is that a VA panel. Curry's has the 75 6754 for £999 which I assume is ips. I currently have a ks7000 which is VA but the viewing angles are pretty bad. Decisions decisions. I do prefer the black frame on the 70 6704.

As far as I can see around the net, the 70 inch is a VA.

You should Come to Denmark, the 70 inch is on sale for 557,42£(but its the 6724)😁

Last edited:
My Hue Bars have been a complete PITA lately. Ive only had them for 2 days and I was very inclined to return them. At £100 (the cheapest price possible) plus the £50 Hue bridge I expected nothing less than perfect convenience.

This is a Picture of the right Hue Play bar on the TV.

I have to say, today after work, I turned my Philips TV on, the Ambilights activated and the Hue Play lamps turned on and were synchroniced.

Total magic.

This is the standard ambilight image without hue bars. Wonderful and I have no complaints.

Here is the TV with ambilight on PLUS the Hue bars

My flatmate doesnt think he can see any difference. I definitely think i can. Im just thinking £899 for a TV, we're loving ambilight. I dont think the £150 cost of the bridge and Hue Play bars which seem to double the Ambilight effect is a poor investment when it enhances the very wow factor love and bought this TV for. We're still debating. Happy to hear your thoughts.

Last edited:
Hi, has any off you had problem with an xbox one s. Mine doesn't want to show hdr10 game, and 10 bit colour depht, it says my tv doesn't has it. My ps4 slim sendt hdr10 game in 12 bit, with No problem.
Btw some pictures from my 70 inch, sorry for the pictures, they have been tanken with my p30 pro.
I have some bleed in the right side, but you cant expect no bleed at this price point I guess

Attachments

• IMG_20200217_224220.jpg
    IMG_20200217_224220.jpg
    229 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_20200217_224114.jpg
    IMG_20200217_224114.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_20200217_224107.jpg
    IMG_20200217_224107.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_20200217_224051.jpg
    IMG_20200217_224051.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 184
  • IMG_20200217_224044.jpg
    IMG_20200217_224044.jpg
    206.6 KB · Views: 244
  • IMG_20200217_223833.jpg
    IMG_20200217_223833.jpg
    318 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG_20200217_223823.jpg
    IMG_20200217_223823.jpg
    212.2 KB · Views: 220
  • IMG_20200217_223736.jpg
    IMG_20200217_223736.jpg
    188.5 KB · Views: 232
  • IMG_20200217_231451.jpg
    IMG_20200217_231451.jpg
    239.6 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:
Hi, has any off you had problem with an xbox one s. Mine doesn't want to show hdr10 game, and 10 bit colour depht, it says my tv doesn't has it. My ps4 slim sendt hdr10 game in 12 bit, with No problem.
Btw some pictures from my 70 inch, sorry for the pictures, they have been tanken with my p30 pro.
I have some bleed in the right side, but you cant expect no bleed at this price point I guess

My Xbox One S works fine in HDR. This TV doesnt do 10 or 12 bit wide colour gamut. Its 8+2bit FRC. Are you playing 10Bit QLED/OLED tech demos? I did that and all the colours were wrong because it doesnt support wide colour gamut. It might be that your PS4 is sending a 10/12 bit singal that the TV is able to read but not fully display and down samples it to 8+2 bit

My Xbox One S works fine in HDR. This TV doesnt do 10 or 12 bit wide colour gamut. Its 8+2bit FRC. Are you playing 10Bit QLED/OLED tech demos? I did that and all the colours were wrong because it doesnt support wide colour gamut. It might be that your PS4 is sending a 10/12 bit singal that the TV is able to read but not fully display and down samples it to 8+2 bit
OK thats fine then, it was just that the hdr10 game mode on xbox, had a red cross. My old tv tick All the boxes except dolby vision, but it was also an 8+2 panel, but with wide colour gamut. It was a TCL 65DP660, with 94% Dci p3 but only 270 nits, and edge led.
I might also have find the source fir mig backlight bleed, as contrast on Therese philips models, is backlight som om another forum, some one told me to put contrast on 60 for a well mit room, and 40 for a dark room. Will try this later.

So the 70 inch doesn't do hdr at all with Xbox?. Does the 75 inch do hdr with Xbox does anybody know. This might be a deal breaker for me. I was under the impression that 8bit+frc would accept a 10bit hdr picture but would just downscale the colour to fit the panel?

Technically it does HDR10+ Dolby Vision and HLG.

It can read the meta data but like most TVs it doesnt have the hardware to do the full 'Premium' HDR effect. For that you need 1000 nits, this TV is 350nits. You need a 10 bit panel. This is 8bit but simulates the extra 2 bits by dithering. I find on some media it seems to work and not on others.

You're not going to get a 75" Premium HDR TV for less than £3k. For £900 this TV does a very good job of HDR.

Like I said the real test for me was watching through my 4K HDR movie collection and not noticing any real discernable difference from what I remember my Quantum dot Premium HDR QLED was able to produce.

On a technical tick box level you could score this TV a 3/10 however it does a very good job of showing vivid and rich detailed 4K HDR content. That's all that should matter. There are far worse 75" TVs out there that cost a lot more than this.

I've just set up my 75" and find that medium/large objects or close ups are very sharp as expected, but as soon as anything smaller or in the distance appears on screen then it can look quite "fuzzy".

For e.g.... a close up of someone's face so that it fills a lot of the screen.... sharp. But footballers on a pitch or someone standing at a distance so that they are about 3 or 4 inches in height.... not so sharp, and a bit pixelated and fuzzy tbh.

I understand that smaller objects will lose clarity, but compared to my old panasonic TV it's nowhere near as good.

What are other's thoughts on the clarity of small'ish objects on the 75"?

Yeah thanks guys for the info. I do have a Samsung ks7000 high nit 10bit tv at the moment. I know this is a low nit tv but if the Xbox doesn't even allow hdr mode to turn on because it doesn't have the checkbox then how can I run hdr games and movies from it. I know they won't be as bright or the colour depth as deep but I was under the impression it would still display 4k hdr just to a lesser level.

Yeah thanks guys for the info. I do have a Samsung ks7000 high nit 10bit tv at the moment. I know this is a low nit tv but if the Xbox doesn't even allow hdr mode to turn on because it doesn't have the checkbox then how can I run hdr games and movies from it. I know they won't be as bright or the colour depth as deep but I was under the impression it would still display 4k hdr just to a lesser level.
I havent got any game for xbox one, only for ps4. But it says movie will be ok.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom