Philips 7603 V 9703 - is it worth the extra cash

MoreHIFI

Standard Member
Reaction score
I have one shot at the title as her in doors has signed of the budget on a new Home cinema setup , the speakers and av are purchased ( bought in UK and avoided RIP of ireland prices ) need to decide on which 42" to go for , will take any advice as have a couple of weeks before room ready to recieve new toy !! ( lost my cinema room to kid play room - there always a pay off)

9703. Newer model. More powerful chipset, meaning it handles 1080p HD correctly, unlike the 7603 which is based on the previous generation 9632 model which had to downscale from 1080p, then upscale again introducing artifacts in the process. In English, if you're going to watch HD material via a Blueray player, you should get the 9703, plus it has 3 sided ambilight as opposed to 2 with the 7603. If you have no intention of ever getting a Blueray player, save the extra money and get the 7603.

Thanks for that , the guys in the Philips shop were not able to tell me that , was leaning that way anyway , all sources will be HD so will probably spend the extra cash after shopping around , just need to source some HDMI wall plates to finish of setup off

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom