philips 7603

is this not the same software released some weeks ago ?

I noticed the new post date on philips web site but revision history is no different than before. (from 20 th july )

Confused.

I can't seem to get this new software to install on my 42 inch 7603D Tv. Have downloaded from the Philips site, copied it onto a memory stick, put it into the TV waiting for autorun to start but nothing happens. I have upgraded software before like this, so its strange. The Tv recognises the memory stick, but says there is nothing on it. Tried two memory sticks but nothing happening.

Any suggestions?

Fixed my previously reported problem with the TV refusing to update the software by saving the file on the memory stick as autorun.upg instead of autorun-1.upg (my mac was saving the download from the philips website as autorun-1.upg as it was in the same file as the previous software update). So all OK now and I hope the software update fixes the problem that I have with the TV rebooting itself every hour.

Hiya guys...

Just received my 37PFL7603 for the bedroom.
The moment I switched it on, I got a heavy buzzing sound. And the pitch changes a bit with different colors on screen. Tried switching ambilight of and different features in the menu. To no resort. The buzz is very very annoying. It is extra annoying because it's a bedroom tv, where it's silent and the volume is low.
Have I got a faulty set, or do they all do that?

My 37PFL7603 just got repaired from a fairly heavy buzzing sound. (seems the same thing your TV suffers from) The repairman installed new firmware, then opened the television and cut a wire from one of the connectors behind the small door on the back of the TV.
His explanation was that the firmware disabled some hardware and that cutting the wire took the power from that part. And: no more buzzing! (Don't know which part has been disabled...)

I've started to notice what I can only describe as 'red smearing trails' on fast moving objects, usually on faces against dark backgrounds:mad:
I've turned off all the picture processing options but I still see it. It's there on all sources, BD, DVD and Sky HD an Freeview. Anyone else seen this? It's driving me mad.

this tv set have dvb-c decoder for dvb cable tv...because in user manual is present ???

I've started to notice what I can only describe as 'red smearing trails' on fast moving objects, usually on faces against dark backgrounds:mad:
I've turned off all the picture processing options but I still see it. It's there on all sources, BD, DVD and Sky HD an Freeview. Anyone else seen this? It's driving me mad.

Anyone:lease:

i m miki from skopje mcedonija i have 37'' 7603d/10 every thing iz good i have 5 m hdmi cable from videocard pc dvi to hdmi in to tv hdmi bud after 6 monts on dvi conectors on videokard something smale like burn electronik bud steel work all connektion on 1080p 24hz . and must sey the tv is very nice for that price sorry for my extra bad englich

Nice tv but after 6 months a shadow started chasing fast moving images, and the picture is now terrible with graining. Customer care has been unbelievably bad with around 3hrs on the phone with Philips getting me to try various adjustments and tests. They ultimately accepted the tv had a fault but wouldnt repair it. Amazon are picking it up tomorrow and will be refunding £900. I hope you all have more luck with this tv. Im put off buying another Philips after all the hassle.

Nice tv but after 6 months a shadow started chasing fast moving images, and the picture is now terrible with graining. Customer care has been unbelievably bad with around 3hrs on the phone with Philips getting me to try various adjustments and tests. They ultimately accepted the tv had a fault but wouldnt repair it. Amazon are picking it up tomorrow and will be refunding £900. I hope you all have more luck with this tv. Im put off buying another Philips after all the hassle.

Customer care phone call aside, and as you say who wants to be on the phone for 3hrs confirming a fault you know you have. I think part of the problem may have been that I believe Amazon 'buy-out' a lot of the manufactures guarantees.

Customer care phone call aside, and as you say who wants to be on the phone for 3hrs confirming a fault you know you have. I think part of the problem may have been that I believe Amazon 'buy-out' a lot of the manufactures guarantees.

Yes I cant fault Amazon, it just a shame Philips didn't tell me about the warranty arrangement straight away.

Deano,
Can you elaborate on the 'shadow' please ? My set displays a horrible red trail / smudge on faces or other flesh tones on fast moving pictures. I've been playing with the settings almost daily to get a decent picture. Having seen your post, I now wonder if there is an inherent fault with some of these sets. Any other 7603 owners having problems?

JP

JP,
As I remember it was a dark shadow and it wasnt too noticeable. I dont think there was any red in it. The problem now seems different so its unclear to me whether there is a link from the shadow starting to how it is now. The screen now has a very limited number of colours - see pic.

4108288265_b78cf59398.jpg

I have had the tv on all day today and the picture is now perfect. How annoying! It normally doesnt get much use. I wonder whether the problem goes away when its warmed up. I will have to check in the morning. Im now not sure whether to cancel pick up by Amazon. I have already ordered a new tv:facepalm:

Deano,
Hope things get sorted for you. That picture looked horrible:eek: At least Amazon customer service seems on the ball.
Would you mind posting your picture settings if you get the chance? As I said in an earlier post, I seem to spend all day messing with the setting in my quest to get an ideal picture. I love the look of the set, and ambilight, but surely I shouldn't still be messing with the settings 6 months down the line, should I ?:rolleyes:

Thanks,

JP

John, I'd be reallyinterested to know you picture settings please, I've had the TV for 6 months and have sky HD but haven't messed around with settings too much.

Thanks
Andrew

John, I'd be reallyinterested to know you picture settings please, I've had the TV for 6 months and have sky HD but haven't messed around with settings too much.

Thanks
Andrew

Just on my way to work, so will post later. It will be interesting to see if you have a red smear issue when you apply my picture settings.

http://translate.google.com/transla...m.bg/index.php/topic,41521.0.html&sl=bg&tl=en

How to read the model number, for example 42PFL9603D/12?
42 - diagonal into inch TV / first two digits /
PFL - displays technology - LCD, / only PF - mean plasma /
9 - / first number / series of the TV class. 3/5/7/8/9 as large as a figure in a high class
6 - / second digit / is podseriеs
0 - / third digit / number defining the design and color /
* 0 - body color: black
* 1 - body color: white
* 2 - body color:
* 7 - body color: Brilliant dark gray
* 6 - body color: dark metallik
* 8 - body color: Dark Titanium
* 9 - body color: silver, pearl
3 - / fourth digit / year of modeling. Exception-top models with Aurea, 9900 and 9980
* 1 - 2006.
* 2 - 2007.
* 3 - 2008.
* 4 - 2009.
4.letter finally, shows what tuner is built.
D - DVB-T MPEG2 / terestrial digital /
H - DVB-T MPEG2/MPEG4 and DVB-C HD tuner/MPEG-4.HD AVC /
S - DVB-T MPEG2. used in televisions made in Kaliningrad / Russia / DVB-T MPEG2
Numbers after the slash shows the regional destination of the product and does not affect functionality.

* 10 and 12 - Western and Eastern Europe
* 10.12 and 60 - Russia
* 10 and 98 - Middle East and Africa
* 56.94 and 98 - Pakistan and India
* 30.93, 97 and 98 - Southeast Asia
* F7, 27, 98 - North America / Canada, USA /
* 27.55 and 85 - Central America
* 27,55,77 and 78 - South America
* 10 and 97 - Australia and New Zealand

example-52PFL9632D/10- 52 inch, lcd, series 9, podseries 6, design 3, year of manufacture-2/2006g /, DVB-T tuner, 10-produced for western Europe.

Last edited:
Seeing this thread again has made me realise that I forgot to post my settings as I promised Madbroon back in November:blush: Sorry.

Anyhow, my set is currently in for repair. The engineer who came to look at the red smearing issue it was displaying said that it was suffering 'excessive motion trails'. It's been away for a week now and latest update is that it needs a new panel. I've been left a loan Humax 32in LCD. It's only HD ready but it's made me realise just how bad the picture on my 37PFL7603 was. I'm hoping the repair will improve the picture, if not then I'll be pushing John Lewis for a replacement.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom