philips 7603

Has anyone tried activate DVB-C in service menu?????
What is your model?
42PFL7603H or 42PFL7603D
Only models ending on H has an integrated digital cable tuner

In the models 7603 ending on D processor STI7101 MPEG4 HD is missing.
Therefore can not receive digital cable television-only analog cable.

post.cgi

Hi,

Anyone measure this tv input lag, i tried and I got bad numbers about 100-120 ms with game mode.

I really feel this tv not so good for games.

What about with firmware, can we expect for improve this
thing?

sorry for my english

thanks

Seeing this thread again has made me realise that I forgot to post my settings as I promised Madbroon back in November:blush: Sorry.

Anyhow, my set is currently in for repair. The engineer who came to look at the red smearing issue it was displaying said that it was suffering 'excessive motion trails'. It's been away for a week now and latest update is that it needs a new panel. I've been left a loan Humax 32in LCD. It's only HD ready but it's made me realise just how bad the picture on my 37PFL7603 was. I'm hoping the repair will improve the picture, if not then I'll be pushing John Lewis for a replacement.

Update: My set was returned this afternoon. So far, so good:) It's had a new screen and software update. The excessive red smearing seems to have all but vanished, and the overall picture seems much, much better:smashin:
It was repaired by a company called PVS from Peterborough on behalf of John Lewis. They kept me fully informed whilst the set was away, the engineers who visited my home were very helpful, knowledgeble and polite. Top marks to them, and I would cetainly consider using them again for any out of warranty repairs in the future.

Welcome home, my 7603.. I've missed you:D

Hello, ALL!

I need your help very much!!!

first: i am sorry for my very bad english

my problem is: I have downloaded latest firmware from official site for my TV set Philips 37PFL7603D/10. I copied autorun.upg file to my 2G flash drive and insert it into the TV set. The TV set was rebooted and enter into the firmware upgrade menu. The upgrade file has successfully uploaded from flash drive to TV set and has successfully validated. Then process has been frozen for 1 minute and then has written an "Upgrade error". From this moment, when I take power off my TV set, it's back power on after 10 seconds and enter into the firmware upgrade menu again.

please help me to revert the firmware to old version or to upgrade the firmware to new one correctly.

I have firmware version on TV set is 50.7
New firmware version is 97.0
I tried upgrade to version 75.0 but result was zero

Best regards, Dev

Hello, ALL!

I need your help very much!!!

first: i am sorry for my very bad english

my problem is: I have downloaded latest firmware from official site for my TV set Philips 37PFL7603D/10. I copied autorun.upg file to my 2G flash drive and insert it into the TV set. The TV set was rebooted and enter into the firmware upgrade menu. The upgrade file has successfully uploaded from flash drive to TV set and has successfully validated. Then process has been frozen for 1 minute and then has written an "Upgrade error". From this moment, when I take power off my TV set, it's back power on after 10 seconds and enter into the firmware upgrade menu again.

please help me to revert the firmware to old version or to upgrade the firmware to new one correctly.

I have firmware version on TV set is 50.7
New firmware version is 97.0
I tried upgrade to version 75.0 but result was zero

Best regards, Dev

I have many old firm just give me an email and i will send to you, gmail best I guess.

Hi!

The result is very bad. The update 50.4 was not installed correctly, just as all other updates. I think the problem with TV set, not with the updates. May be you can say me how can I reset the TV set (as I can to reset the BIOS into the computers)?

Dev

In one of the earlier postings on this thread someone did a reset of sorts after firmware corruption.

Can you specify me post number? I very bad speak english and can skip this post. I'm sorry

Is there anyone who really tested these Neotion modules? Do they work with Philips series 7 (specially 32pfl7403d)?
What we really need is CI module that can encode full HD MPEG4 signal and also give full HD output (not just converting HD to SD and give SD output).

If someone could write (or find) some review of this kind of CI module, I would be the first one who will buy it!

Thanks for any post.

I try to use Neotion Viaccess NP4 module to convert MPEG4 to MPEG2. I have TV set Philips 7603D/10, TV set Samsung 656A and terrestrial/satellite receiver GeneralSatellite. NP4 module was work with TV set Samsung and receiver correctly, but not work with TV set Philips. Neotion have today new NP4+ module. May be Philips will work with this new module? Or may be present modules by the other manufactorers?

It was in this posting thread but you will have to read it, sorry.

It was a few pages back.

I could not correct a problem by means of the specified methods.
I have found the description of the given problem. See a fragment below

Reference no.: SCC_66456

INFO:
When it is not possible to upgrade the SW of the TV-set (via USB with "autorun.upg" or via "forced upgrade"), the problem is that the identification of the initial SW is not correct. You can verify this easily in CSM mode line 8.2: the Initial SW version is starting with "95.xxx"
CURE:
Set via ComPair the NVM value at address "1C78" to "00".
Afterwards the software can be upgraded.
IRIS CODE:

It's official Philips reference.
Can I write "00" value to the memory without use ComPair? Or to bypass this limitation and upgrade TV without writing "00"?

I am facing the exact same issue as below but on a different model .Does anyone know where you can find other version of philips firmware?
The model i have is 32PFL5403H/10 with initial version Q522E_0.64.71.0.
Thanks.

I've got Philips 42PFL7603D/10 and installed that update. The firmware version is 000.064.076.000 dated 2009-04-03
Followed the steps exactly as suggested in the update manual. After powering the TV off using the remote control it restarted itself and went into loops of powering up, staying on for few seconds with a blank screen then restarting again.

I could not get it back.

Then spent whole day searching and luckily managed to collect enough information to fix it.

If you have the same problem and follow the steps below you should be able to get your telly back up and running.
However, be careful as Philips support says that this can invalidate your warranty because it is not included in any official public documentation.

This software update process is different to when you are updating a working television.

You will need a USB stick. Backup all your data on it and format it to FAT32.
(To format it go to My Computer, right click on the USB drive in the list and select Format. Choose Quick format , File system: FAT32, Click START)
Now create a new folder with name UPGRADES
The upgrade application searches for upgrade file in that folder only. If you put it anywhere else it won't work.
I tried using the same upgrade file that made my TV corrupt just to test if a re-load would help. It showed completed successfully again, but result after restart was the same (On/Off/On/Off etc.)
So I downloaded an older version. I will post a link to it later. If you have an older known working version of firmware feel free to use it. Post a link to it if possible.

Unzip the archive and copy the autorun.upg file to the UPGRADES folder on the USB stick.
Here are the steps to access the upgrade application on your TV and successfully change the software to the older, but working version.

1. Unplug all attached devices and disconnect the TV from the mains.
2. Plug the USB stick into the USB port of the TV.
3. Take the remote control and keep the OK button pressed whilst plugging the TV mains cable into the socket until the upgrade application appears on the screen.(Can take 10 - 15 seconds)
4. The application will scan the USB stick and should list the autorun.upg file
5. Press the red button on your remote to start and OK if you get a message about upgrading to the same or older version of firmware.
6. The upgrade should finish successfully.
7. Unplug the USB stick and power off using the remote control.

After the restart all should be back up and running. However, you will need to configure channels etc.

Hope this will work for you as it did for me.

Hello! I had the same problem as DimonDev! My TV is Philips PFL7603D/12!
I tried to do a firmware upgrade to this TV and I appeared error "Programming" on the end of installation, I tried several times but same thing occurred to me! new version is Q582E-0.64.79.0
I managed to return to the old version Q582E-0.64.30.50
Maybe it's someone to send me by mail or at least the old version if you have some intermediate versions! Thanks in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have all the previous versions of firmware, which do you want. ?

jan 2010, july 09, april 09, march 09

send me a pm with an email address and i can send it too you.

Hi sir!

I understand that this is a very old post but is there any chance that you can send me an older firmware of Philips 32PFL7403D/12 ([email protected]) ? Tried to upgrade to Q582E-0.64.79.0 and it keeps erroring. Now the TV set is stuck at the Software Upgrade Application page.

Thanks in advance!

Hello.I tried to upgrade to Q582E-0.64.79.0 and it keeps erroring. Now the TV set is stuck at the Software Upgrade Application page.Please send me old version [email protected]. tanks .

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom