Philips 7654 issue with soundbar?

TheGamer147

Established Member
Reaction score
I can't find digital out to get my soundbar to output Dolby digital and Dolby Atmos.

My soundbar is Dolby Atmos compatible..but it currently saying it outputting pcm audio

Hi,
-To what HDMI socket into TV you connect the soundbar?
- What soundbar model exactly do you have?
- what audio fomat are you using in TV? (Multichannel bypas should be set)
- Are you trying to use Atmos from Netflix or files?

Hi

1) have it connected to hdmi 1 (arc) port
2) JVC TH 679B
3) I have turned on multichannel bypass

I can get Atmos sound on Netflix but can only get 2.0 pcm audio through satallite box not even Dolby digital

I used to have a hisense 6100 ( not Atmos compatible) that got Dolby digital through TV on everything but cant get it to output DD on sat box on the Philips.

I was able to get DD on PS4 by connecting PS4 to one of the soundbar HDMI ports.

Thanks for reply

Hi

1) have it connected to hdmi 1 (arc) port
2) JVC TH 679B
3) I have turned on multichannel bypass

I can get Atmos sound on Netflix but can only get 2.0 pcm audio through satallite box not even Dolby digital

I used to have a hisense 6100 ( not Atmos compatible) that got Dolby digital through TV on everything but cant get it to output DD on sat box on the Philips.

I was able to get DD on PS4 by connecting PS4 to one of the soundbar HDMI ports.

Thanks for reply
What I see this soundbar has 3 HDMI ports 1 of them i ARC (to TV) and 2 additional where STB can be connected. JVC reccomend this kind of connection i iser manual for this soundbar. If you try connect like mentioned is it working witg DD?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom