Philips 803 (65OLED803) Review & Comments

Has anyone experience the same issue? I have found 4 people already in 903 thread.
Start doing short audio drops the last week. Only when i watch netflix or prime video from the tv. When i use Nvidia Shield i dont experience any gaps. I have to mention that I have a LG soundbar and i dont use TVs speakers. Nevertheless it seems that when i use the TV as source I get that gaps that are very noticeable in netflix

The root cause seems to be that

Just picked this model up on a well known auction site.
Refurb, no screen burn £715 delivered. Think that's a good deal? (No stand and universal remote though)

Anything I should be looking or worried about upon delivery?

Blessings
Hi... not sure if you are interested, but I have a stand and both remote controls (hardly used) for a 803 model that I was about to list on eBay....

Has anyone experience the same issue? I have found 4 people already in 903 thread.

The root cause seems to be that

yes, getting audio drops for one week now

I m not sure that there is a problem with the Netflix app. I didnt found any reporting issues online about the app. Moreover I have the same version in Nvidia Shield and there is not any audio problems. This is related with our TVs not supporting something "new" added in the latest Netflix app update...

I m not sure that there is a problem with the Netflix app. I didnt found any reporting issues online about the app. Moreover I have the same version in Nvidia Shield and there is not any audio problems. This is related with our TVs not supporting something "new" added in the latest Netflix app update...
There is a new release of Netflix App released yesterday (11/12/2019) with 'Error Corrections', I will try to test it this weekend.

There is a new release of Netflix App released yesterday (11/12/2019) with 'Error Corrections', I will try to test it this weekend.

unfortunately, the new version (Version: 7.0.2 build 3104) didn't fix the problem for me :(. Anyway, i think that is a tv software problem, not a netflix bug, because amazon and kodi, are affected too.

unfortunately, the new version (Version: 7.0.2 build 3104) didn't fix the problem for me :(. Anyway, i think that is a tv software problem, not a netflix bug, because amazon and kodi, are affected too.
Hi guys I have the some problem here in Italy and this made me mad .
I have solved it with amazon prime with the new update.
For Netflix you have to uninstall all the update and use the factory version.
Please call Netflix and tell what happen , more people call more probsbility that fix the problem . Sorry for my bad English

Thats not a problem of NETFLIX. The Philips firmware is the problem. I get audio stutters in all Apps (Netflix, Prime, Youtube, TuneIn...)

Your could be a different problem
My sound drops problem, is too on all apps (Netflix, Prime, Youtube) and all sources (Aerial, Cable etc), only in Dolby Digital material. But uninstalling only the Netflix update to factory version, all sound problems in all sources are solved.

My sound drops problem, is too on all apps (Netflix, Prime, Youtube) and all sources (Aerial, Cable etc), only in Dolby Digital material. But uninstalling only the Netflix update to factory version, all sound problems in all sources are solved.
I have try the new Netflix update and I have still the problem , the only way for now is the factory version

Hello everyone. I tried to search for my problem, but couldn't find anything about it.
We just got the 55OLED803 and we just have an Apple TV 4k connected to it. It works fine, but the problem is that both controllers to the TV also somehow took control of the Apple TV.
Its a nice feature, if it wasn't for while it controls the Apple TV, It seems I cant use the TV-buttons such as menus, sources, ambilight etc etc. So cant do anything for settings, only control the Apple TV.

Anyone know how to turn off the remotes so they don't connect to Apple-TV box, as its not needed to use them for controlling it.

Can't find anything in the manual about it taking control over other devices.

Thanks!

I have oped a service request in Philips regarding the audio drops . After the usual replay about having the latest updates and do a factory reset I provide them with logs from the tv after sending me the instructions how to do it. Let's hope they come up with a fix. I will post any news

I have oped a service request in Philips regarding the audio drops . After the usual replay about having the latest updates and do a factory reset I provide them with logs from the tv after sending me the instructions how to do it. Let's hope they come up with a fix. I will post any news
Can you tell us how to get the logs?

Does anyone know if it's possible to link the pos9002 remote to the OLED803?
because i think the previous remote is much better then these 2 things.

So I'm having this sound/UI lag issue since a few days, uninstalling Netflix updates and preventing it from updating seems to have fixed it, until I wake up the TV today...

What is happening :
  • on 5.1 sources (external, or built-in apps), the sound lags every 10 seconds or so (going to Stereo fixes that)
  • in built-in apps such as YouTube have video glitches and sound issues every 10 seconds, sometime it even pause a few seconds
  • the TV UI in general lags every 10 seconds
Looks like there's a background process eating CPU every 10 seconds, is Philips aware of this issue ?
It's a shame paying for premium devices and having software issues...

I'll do a support ticket too.

New Firmware online!
Indeed new firmware, version TPM171E_R.107.001.101.002.

The sound/freeze issue every 10 sec is still there.
There was an update to "Android TV Service", I did it and I'll restart the TV tonight to see if it changed something or not.

But that issue is really bothering, I choose Philips for Ambilight, now that they released an Ambilight box which works with any HDMI device I may reconsider the next brand I chose considering their support...

EDIT2 : my friend confirmed that deleting the Molotov app made his TV fast again, no more issues for him, I'll check mine when I get back home.

EDIT : Someone on reddit found that Molotov is the issue, slowing down the whole TV, I'll try disabling it tonight.

Last edited:
I can confirm that uninstalling Molotov TV fixes that sound and lag issue :)

Also, I got answers from Philips and both the French and English sides confirmed that they are looking into this issue, they even sent me a link to a beta firmware but I told them Molotov was casing it, so it might help them fixing that.

And the update from today enables Alexa in French (and Spanish I think) :)

Just got Phillips 903 and I'm setting up.
Think I've got Alexa working but I'm missing iPlayer. It's not appearing in the play store and I don't see any other way to get it

I don't seem to see anything official looking in the store tbh, itv, all4 etc all missing
What am I doing wrong??

What's the sound problem you guys are talking about?
I just payed a month of Amazon Prime to watch The Expanse in 4k HDR but notice sound stutter with sort of a "beep" effect to it every once in a while - is that it?

Can anyone suggest best settings for Xbox one x? I'm seeing noticeable difference in the smoothing even when just changing picture mode which seems odd!

Can anyone suggest best settings for Xbox one x? I'm seeing noticeable difference in the smoothing even when just changing picture mode which seems odd!

I do not own xbox one x, however i set my tv in a way it looks great in HDR supported games on both PC and PS4 pro.
Colour - 60
Contrast - 100
Sharpness - 0 (if it's native 4k, i wouldnt go farther than 3 if it's console upscaling techniques)
Brightness - 70
Advanced:
Colour enhancement - off
Colour temperature - normal (way to go for games, for movies warm looks more suitable)
Contrast mode - optimized for picture
HDR perfect - off or minimum, really depends on a game. Or a movie, in Vincent recent 804 review he said that off preserves details in 4000 nit content and minimum reveals details in 1000 nit content so you can check it yourself. In Gears 5 i personally can see more details in sky when i set it OFF, and on minumum it overblows highlights.
Noise and MPEG reduction - off
Ultra resolution - i cant even see what it does in any sort of content, so i prefer off. And in games it supposedly adds input lag so off it goes.
Motion settings - off

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom