- Solution for sound issue in BBCi Player app

TPM191E _ 001.002.173.004 – Date: 2019/12/02

- Improvements for Dolby Atmos in Netflix

- Improvements for Dolby Vision

- Improvements for TV shop mode

- Improvement for varying Picture brightness in TXT mode

- Improvements for Youtube and Netflix

- Many more minor improvements

I wonder if they will add VRR support? Seems such an easy thing to do, it is an open standard as far as I know.

I installed this update last week, it has resolved iPlayer sound issue but iPlayer now fails to start most of the time. Seriously impacting the wife acceptance factor 😒

I installed this update last week, it has resolved iPlayer sound issue but iPlayer now fails to start most of the time. Seriously impacting the wife acceptance factor 😒

Purchased a 65" 854 earlier in December. Really love the TV, but I also have been having a few issues on the software side. After installing the update to fix the iPlayer sound issue, it will no longer launch (just shows a pure black screen).

I have also found that the Amazon Prime app has an issue where the video freezes after a few minutes, but audio continues to play.

There is also a weird glitch with the UI shown on Freeview channels where the 'progress bar' showing the elapsed duration of the current program goes crazy until the data updates to show correct time/program data. This usually occurs after using a streaming app for a while then going back to TV.

The WiFi signal strength also seems very weak when compared to other devices that I own (I guess this could potentially affecting some of the apps, but still seems fine on Netflix 4K and YouTube 4K streams). Will be trying a wired connection shortly to see if this improves anything.

As others have mentioned, I also have noticed some quite bad interplolation artifacts with the motion processing turned on. A bit of a shame as it looks so good with the smooth motion on. That being said I don't have anything to compare it to, as this is the first OLED I have used.

Love the TV, just feeling a little let down by the software bugs at the moment. Hopefully these issues are mostly resolveable via future software updates.

Last edited:
I am returning my 854 and getting LG C5 .... loved ambilights will miss them but 854 software has issue and Philips support is absolutely zero

For those who uses BBC iplayer app and have problems with it Philips trouble shoot advices to remove and reinstall the app.

For those who uses BBC iplayer app and have problems with it Philips trouble shoot advices to remove and reinstall the app.

Have you got a link to official advise? Others have reported being unable to install once they've removed it. I'm unable to start iPlayer after the latest update.

Have you got a link to official advise? Others have reported being unable to install once they've removed it. I'm unable to start iPlayer after the latest update.

This advice is not suitable for the latest Philips android TVs. If you follow it you will not be able to reinstall.

This advice is not suitable for the latest Philips android TVs. If you follow it you will not be able to reinstall.

I updated my 854 a couple of days ago and have been unable to launch iPlayer. I was just getting a black screen and nothing else.

I managed to get it working by doing the following.

Clear the internet memory
● Press the “Home” button on the remote control of the TV and go to the “Settings” shelf:
● Select [Settings] > [Wireless and Networks] > [Wired or Wi-Fi] > [Clear Internet Memory] and press “OK” on the remote control.
● Select [OK] and press “OK” to confirm.

It was taken from this support page: b2c.article.details.page.social.title

Before I got it working again I looked to uninstall the app but this didn't seem possible, it also doesn't show up in any searches for new apps. A little concerning!

Hopefully what's I've suggested gets you up and running again.

Yes be careful uninstalling apps as they aren't necessarily in the play store ready to download again. There are other things you can do such as the above and clearing the app cache and data.

I haven't tried it myself but maybe reinstalling the software will reinstall the default apps that came with the TV. If you have uninstalled an app is worth a go to see if it comes back.

Hello i am new here

Maybe there is someone in her have calibration / tv picture setup for this TV
model no.: 65OLED854/12

Thanks in advance

I have done full calibration made by profesionalist. I have 3 setups:
for SDR
for HDR
For Dolby Vision

Picture after calibrations is amazing!!! Gama and colors are funtastic. When you have near your city someone who doing like this I strong recommended. My set will not be good for you because every panel is different!

Best.

But dolby vision settings are common with sdr balance setting because you cannot set white balance and color setting different in dv and different in sdr.

Pixel shift + ambilight fail? What do you mean? If there is 1cm black space on one side, ambilight doesn't work ok?
I am thinking to but Philips 804 and I love ambilight but if it doesn't work ok I might go for LG C9 which has 2.1 HDMI. Or wait for 2020 Philips models.

But dolby vision settings are common with sdr balance setting because you cannot set white balance and color setting different in dv and different in sdr.
If you share the values/ settings i can try them on the tv
ISF and Dolby Vision if you have. color, contrast, sharpness, brightness, advanced -> color temperature, video contrast and so on

Does anyone have 854 hook'd up with Samsung Q90R soundbar? Can it pass through Dolby Vision signal from 4K player or XB1??

I have done full calibration made by profesionalist. I have 3 setups:
for SDR
for HDR
For Dolby Vision

Picture after calibrations is amazing!!! Gama and colors are funtastic. When you have near your city someone who doing like this I strong recommended. My set will not be good for you because every panel is different!

Best.

Hello! If you could please share your different settings with us please! It will be greatly appreciated!!! I know every panel is different but it will be a great step in the right direction to set the values you got from professional calibration!

Thank you in advance, have a great day!

Hi guys,

Sorry for a stupid question but I just bought this (65OLED854) and really love it. My earlier TV was a LG OLED55B6V which now is my bedroom TV.

However I downloaded Kodi and when I checked the resolution in Kodi I saw that it was only set to Full-HD (1920x1080) and the option to select different resolution (i.e. to up it to 4K) was greyed out.

Anyone got Kodi working with 4K using AndroidTV?

Hi guys,

Sorry for a stupid question but I just bought this (65OLED854) and really love it. My earlier TV was a LG OLED55B6V which now is my bedroom TV.

However I downloaded Kodi and when I checked the resolution in Kodi I saw that it was only set to Full-HD (1920x1080) and the option to select different resolution (i.e. to up it to 4K) was greyed out.

Anyone got Kodi working with 4K using AndroidTV?

Did you check the resolution when actually playing a 4K movie? The interface (menu) is mostly always still rendered in 1080P. I have a OLED854 as well (55 inch version, due to wife agreement level 😉) I could try for you to get it working?

Did you check the resolution when actually playing a 4K movie? The interface (menu) is mostly always still rendered in 1080P. I have a OLED854 as well (55 inch version, due to wife agreement level 😉) I could try for you to get it working?

Thank you very much for your reply.
I just got the TV setup yesterday and didn't have time to delve into Kodi more deeply but I've now set it up with sources and everything and I can see that it toggles to "HDR" when I playback my video but (and since I'm new with this TV I don't know how this TV does it) on my earlier TV:s if Kodi's GUI was in 1920x1080 when playing a 4K video I would see that the TV would notify me that it switched resolution.

Here I only get the "HDR" icon from the TV and then the video starts playing, is there a way to view the actual resolution I am getting from the video? I know its 2160p but I want to see if that is what I'm actually getting and not downscaled to 1080p.

if you can't tell the difference between 1080p and 2160p content downscaled or not does it really matter how the tv is displaying it? :rotfl:

Just picked up the 65 854 from Costco Today

having issues with Kodi, installed the Kodi appfrom the menu, but it seems to be locked to 1080p 60hz as that is the only screen output showing in the whitelist

has anyone got to set working correctly with Kodi at 4K using the built in app

I have 804 model and the same problem. I use for 4k built in app. I have tray Kodi, MX player and VLC. In VLC 4k is possible but this app is strange😊😊😜

Yes I have just confirmed with a check on Kodi when running it’s downsizing all 4K to 1080p and not even doing 24fps. All running at 1080/60

totally crap TV is crippled using the built in Kodi, never had this issue with any previous AndroidTV but they were using the Tegra chipset compared to this one in the Phillips

anyway if there is no solution will sling it back at Costco. Am Not messing around with an external Kodi solution when this should do it

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom