Philips 903 OLED TV announced - news discussion

Cannot see how philips will be able to break the 1000 barrier with all the other manufacturers peaking at 800??

Still. I believe the sound and design are the only change from 803...
If sound not that good or someone has an Av then 803 is much better value...

I have to admit 903 looks fab...

Thanks for this mark...
I have read from other sources that both TVs have the old underpowered mediatek chip. Will be good to know if that’s true or not...
Was hoping 903 will be unproved upon 803 on spec as only 2 hdmi full spec is weak...
Let us know if you have more info

Cannot see how philips will be able to break the 1000 barrier with all the other manufacturers peaking at 800??

Didn't Panasonic say the same thing too? It will probably end up around the 800-900 range.

Didn't Panasonic say the same thing too? It will probably end up around the 800-900 range.
@dollag 2018 oled reach easily 1000 nits as it all depends on how you measure...
Like matson said, they all end up at 800-850 AFTER CALIBRATION
it is similar to the difference of proper calibrated mode versus vivid mode in your tv. Same results.

Phillips like to say they have the best 'Vivid' mode in the business, that is where 1000 nits is coming from.

I have to say, getting fairly excited about this set - let's see if it is coming through to the UK and at a reasonable price!

What’s your opinion regarding ‘includes paid promotion’? Could it be paid travelling and accomodation?

I have to say, getting fairly excited about this set - let's see if it is coming through to the UK and at a reasonable price!

For people without soundbar or av system, very very interesting....
803 will be significantly cheaper but it all depends on that sound performance...

Few months ago, I found previous generation Oled at 2400 euros for 65...normal rrp and there was a promotion on top...all that in a major expensive retailer (Fnac) and not dodgy website.

Morning guys, anyone seen the new Philips anywhere ?

Philips OLED+ 903 (65OLED+903) review | TechRadar
Impressive review
Input lag not right and asked John to confirm as should be around 22ms
Anyone seen a Philips Oled anywhere? Last time I did, I had hair on my head and not in my chest :)
Has it been edited? Says 22ms now ...
Also note that he doesn't use the Bodnar device so his lag numbers don't necesarilly match other reviews (instead does it the old way by comparing a timer with another monitor)
'Should be 22ms' or 22ms is wrong? Measured with the Bodnar device other reviews have it at 39ms ...

On Richer Sounds site now...65" = £3499.
Sorry mate, I meant in the flesh
Too much asking to see the Philips anywhere in the uk?
Still hoping one richer sound will get a display sample.

Has it been edited? Says 22ms now ...
Also note that he doesn't use the Bodnar device so his lag numbers don't necesarilly match other reviews (instead does it the old way by comparing a timer with another monitor)
'Should be 22ms' or 22ms is wrong? Measured with the Bodnar device other reviews have it at 39ms ...
Typo mistake, all the reviews have it around 39 indeed...

Sorry mate, I meant in the flesh
Too much asking to see the Philips anywhere in the uk?
Still hoping one richer sound will get a display sample.
Ah rightio... yeah over here in Ireland and finding it impossible to see one in the flesh so to speak ..have been in contact with RS in Belfast and they say they should have some in stock in a couple of weeks....i just cant decide between LG 65c8 or the 65"903 both are having great reviews but with the 903 having the added B+W system and the ambilight im leaning slightly towards the philips ...just cant figure out why its not in all the main electrical stores .

Last edited:
Ah rightio... yeah over here in Ireland and finding it impossible to see one in the flesh so to speak ..have been in contact with RS in Belfast and they say they should have some in stock in a couple of weeks....i just cant decide between LG 65c8 or the 65"903 both are having great reviews but with the 903 having the added B+O system and the ambilight im leaning slightly towards the philips ...just cant figure out why its not in all the main electrical stores .
Because tpvision distribution and support on the region been a disgrace
They know it and that’s a major point to keep in mind post sale
At same price, LG wins hands down for overall package. In Europe, Philips very agressive in pricing. That’s what works in their favour. Not in our region unless the wake up...
So far, we have seen lots and lots of talk and very little action...shame as great products. I am taking about uk

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom