Philips Android TVs to get Amazon Alexa - news discussion

Peculiar having Alexa compatibility on an Android TV set. I presume it is Google Assistant compatible already?

Any news on whether the upgrade will also bring YouView and/or further TV catch up apps?

Or fixes for all of the other issues that have been outstanding since the last (only!) update to the 55POS9002/05 (UK Version) was issued in December 2017??? (The European 55POS9002/12 version has had, almost, a monthly update...)

yes you are right, its actually a linux os on mine, great...cant use discrete input codes, now can't use my alexa - all out of options.

Does anyone know if the skill has been released yet? The only info I can find is from the middle of last year saying it will be released Q4 2018 and instructions on how to use it. But I can't find the skill in the Alexa app (or at amazon on line):

"Your search "philips smart tv voice control" did not match any skills."

Are they late getting it out or is my location (Czech republic) perhaps an issue? Though would be strange as I just bought my set here yesterday and it came with an echo dot for free... so, hmm...

Does anyone know if the skill has been released yet? The only info I can find is from the middle of last year saying it will be released Q4 2018 and instructions on how to use it. But I can't find the skill in the Alexa app (or at amazon on line):

"Your search "philips smart tv voice control" did not match any skills."

Are they late getting it out or is my location (Czech republic) perhaps an issue? Though would be strange as I just bought my set here yesterday and it came with an echo dot for free... so, hmm...

Its available now in the Alexa Skill Store (In the UK).

Anyone know a list of Alexa commands?

"Alexa, switch input to HDMI 1(or what you've renamed the input to)"

I've done the basics ie. Volume, input, switch on and switch off...

But can't figure out the right command to open the android home screen or open an app or YouTube.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom