Philips launch OLED 754 budget 4K TV - news discussion

Looking on the Philips site, when comparing the 754 with either the 804 or 934; the 754 has the P5 Perfect Engine and the other 2 have the P5 Pro Perfect Engine. The 754 doesn't have a twin tuner

The good thing is that all three have DV, HDR10+ and Atmos sound

With B8 being available still for £1050 this will need to drop really quickly in price.

Or it will end up like before when they launched the new tvs halfway through the year and other TV makers had already discounted their own TVs.

Looking on the Philips site, when comparing the 754 with either the 804 or 934; the 754 has the P5 Perfect Engine and the other 2 have the P5 Pro Perfect Engine. The 754 doesn't have a twin tuner

The good thing is that all three have DV, HDR10+ and Atmos sound
Twin satellite you mean? if so how do you know that cannot find anything saying that.

I fancy an inexpensive OLED.

And I’m not the least interested in it’s broadcast tv performance as I haven’t used if for decades so I’m only really interested in the difference between the P5 and the P5 pro...

I’d be using it for about 90% Netflix and the rest 4K films, but really not a great deal of either, so is the Pro version worth the extra?

If these use the same chip as the 804/854 and support DV and HDR10+, then surely the 804/854's can be upgraded?

So the 55" 754 is £1500... the LG 55" C8 is £1300... is the Philips worth the extra £200? Would anyone know what the input lag times (ref gaming) are on the Philips? I know the LG is pretty decent in this regard, in the 20s.

So the 55" 754 is £1500... the LG 55" C8 is £1300... is the Philips worth the extra £200? Would anyone know what the input lag times (ref gaming) are on the Philips? I know the LG is pretty decent in this regard, in the 20s.

Well 754 is basically an 803 with Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos so it has the same panel as LG C8 and you should buy it instead of C8 if you think £200 for Ambilight is worth it or not

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom