Philips OLED 754 4K TV Hands On Review & Comments

Steve,
the scores section seems to be missing.

Then would it be worth removing the scores hyperlink to save others confusion?

Thanks! Waiting for a full review to see if the difference between 2nd and 3rd gen processor is worth it....to decide between the 754 and 804/854.

It's not a review. It's a hands-on.
It's marked as a "TV Review" in the top left corner of the link on the Home Page, same as the Hisense Review immediately below it that IS a Review. Just sayin'. :)

It's marked as a "TV Review" in the top left corner of the link on the Home Page, same as the Hisense Review immediately below it that IS a Review. Just sayin'. :)
It will come under review, because technically it's still a review. But as per the headline, this is a "hands on" so a review without scores. You can't give a score to a TV you've seen in a trade show.

Thanks! Waiting for a full review to see if the difference between 2nd and 3rd gen processor is worth it....to decide between the 754 and 804/854.

Dolby Vision+Dolby Atmos alone are worth it imo, honestly I don't see why anyone would buy the 804 over this.

EDIT: Forgot it comes with SAPHI, my bad. Still an excellent buy if you don't need any Android apps

Last edited:
Dolby Vision+Dolby Atmos alone are worth it imo, honestly I don't see why anyone would buy the 804 over this.

EDIT: Forgot it comes with SAPHI, my bad. Still an excellent buy if you don't need any Android apps
804 also has Dolby Vision and Atmos. It is the 2019 model released only a month or so ago.

Last edited:
If any members had said in say 2014, OLED TVs W/ Android/Android O or in this case Saphi, would be getting scores of barely 8 vs £1500 more QLED LCD regardless of both options issues, getting 'Reference' scores i would have choked on my tea and kit-kat.

PQ of which was the main reason most of splash the cash, has taken a back seat in theory, to GUI's.

What’s the difference between this and the 854 does that use this years OLED panel? Info seems a bit scant to find tbh on these tv’s at the minute.

What’s the difference between this and the 854 does that use this years OLED panel? Info seems a bit scant to find tbh on these tv’s at the minute.
The 754 has previous generation processor while the 854/804 have the latest generation processor. The 754 doesn't have Android (has SAPHI instead) while the 804/854 have Android. I think that's about it.

I would expect Saphi to need significantly less powerful CPUs, Android has so many things built in.

The 3rd generation P5 processor claims better HDR performance for HDR10 and 10+.

It's down to 1999 at the moment , I would be interested in the Gamming lag ?

as killzone requested - any feedback on the gaming performance please? ;)

ps it’s now £1799 at RS

Yes I saw that - shame

Game over man.gif

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom