Question Philips VR110 and Sharp 32AC6EE LCD TV scart connection sound but no picture

jimmythejew

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I bought a Philips VR110 VCR player for my dad. He has alots of old VHS tapes (wedding ceremonies, birthdays etc.) He wanted to watch them again. He has a SHARP 32ACEE LCD TV. It has a SCART connection. The Philips VR110 also has scart connection.

I bought a scart cable from a local store. I connect the cable directly into the Philips player and directly into the SHARP tv. I selected source SCART on the TV. i can hear the sound but there is no picture. The TV says no signal. I searched on the internet, testing stuff out but still no picture while i can hear the sound.

Back of dad SHARP TV.
back of sharp tv.jpeg

Back of VHS player
Philips Vr110.jpg

Does the scart cable have all the pins?

Scart carries multiple video signals so make sure the scart settings in the TV and VCR are set to the same thing. RGB is best, S-video second best and Composite third.

Does the scart cable have all the pins?

Scart carries multiple video signals so make sure the scart settings in the TV and VCR are set to the same thing. RGB is best, S-video second best and Composite third.
yes the scart cable has all the pins. Gonna check if i can change scart settings in TV. Ive added the vr110 manual. Im not the most technical in these things but i read the manual but i cant find anything to set the VCR to video signals?

Attachments

• vr11007.pdf
    3.9 MB · Views: 119
Can you call up the VCR's menu on the screen...is it visible?
you won't get RGB from a VCR.

Can you call up the VCR's menu on the screen...is it visible?
you won't get RGB from a VCR.

No i cant call up VCR's menu on the screen it isnt visible. I also checked if i can change SCART settings on the TV but there are no settings for it.

Do you have the original remote for the VCR and if so, does it work?

With a tape playing try pressing the “Monitor” button on the VCR's remote and see if the picture appears.
Press the Stop button on the remote AND AT THE SAME TIME the stop/eject button on the front of the VCR...does “M583” appear in the VCR's clock display?
If you cannot display the menu on the TV that suggests a connection problem between the VCR and TV...make sure the scart plug is pushed squarely into the socket at both ends.
If after these checks you still don't get a pic you really need to try another TV and a known working scart lead.

With a tape playing try pressing the “Monitor” button on the VCR's remote and see if the picture appears.
Press the Stop button on the remote AND AT THE SAME TIME the stop/eject button on the front of the VCR...does “M583” appear in the VCR's clock display?
If you cannot display the menu on the TV that suggests a connection problem between the VCR and TV...make sure the scart plug is pushed squarely into the socket at both ends.
If after these checks you still don't get a pic you really need to try another TV and a known working scart lead.

this only work for TV right? I ordered a SCART RCA cable gonna try that and also will try on someone elses tv.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom