Phillips 50pus8204

Scampi

Novice Member
Reaction score
I've just received my new Phillips TV 50pus8204 and I'm really struggling to get the picture setting right. I feel like thee is so much to set and I'm very lost with it. I mostly like to watch football but find this telly picture worse than my 14yr old 1080p Toshiba. Has anyone else got this TV and got a good set up for it?

J also got this, trying to find out if the ethernet is Gigabit or 100mb ?

Got mine today, also struggling with the picture, so many settings and I've been going round in circles. I seem to get a lot of noise in dark areas and banding, I will post any good settings I find in here.

Edited the post following some more playing with settings.

So I use the ISF preset as it gives you more options, I set the colour to around 55, contrast up high, around 90 so the screen is bright. Brightness up to around 50 so it looks more balanced but not too much so it washes out the blacks, bear in mind the VA panel washes out slightly viewed from an angle so if anything have the head on view slightly darker if your set up has any angled viewing.

Sharpness on 2, most of the other advanced settings I turn off but I quite like the motion on standard as it gives the TV a more 60fps look. Colour temperature I put as normal, video contrast up high around 95. I turned the red saturation down a couple of steps as I don't like a pinky hue in my screens but that's a personal preference.

Think I reduced the banding and noise slightly, I think my sky Q box was upscaling to 4K and doing a not so great job so I put it back to 1080p.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom