Question Phillips Fidelio E5 - Problem with rear speaker

Fredbh

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello folks!
I'd like to ask for some help with Phillips fidelio e5. Since yestarday the right rear speaker isnt working. The red and orange LEDs are blinking constantly.
I've already tried the re sinc trick and also the factory reset but without success so far.

Does anyone get through this?

Thanks!
Byebye

Hi Fredbh,
I've came across this problem twice in their lifetime (second time being yesterday). Once it was repaired under warranty. Now, apart from throwing them away I had two options - costly repair in the same service center or try to do it myself. In the end I did some investigation myself and it seems it will be extremely easy and pretty cheap repair (if You will find parts that is). If Your speakers are still under warranty - just go to the closest official service center (You can find them via Philips website). If not - You have to check if the problem is the wireless receiver (most likely so). I can provide You with some guide on how to do this if You didn't manage that Yourself yet.

Best Regards,
Dawid

Hi Dawid!
Thanks for the answer! My right front speaker magically came back to life yesterday :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
I didnt do anything. I was waiting til Next erro to get It to the service. I thrilled!

Gratz! :)
I don't want to be a bad messenger but that looks like faulty receiver in the satellite. The first time mine had the same symptoms, sometimes working sometimes not. I hope it won't be the same and You'll enjoy them till the end of days, but if You'll need a detailed guide how to check it and what to do - feel free to reply here or PM me.

Hi Dawid!
I´d love to hear what you have to say about this problem because it seems very common and only a few people was able to handle it.
Can you share with us here ? It will help a lot other users too.

Thanks!

Hi Dawid,

Unfortunately I am encountering the same problem with the detachable speaker of the Fidelio E5. But my speaker did not magically came back to life... So if you have any guidance on how to fix this I would be very grateful!

Thanks!

Hi Flips,
ok, first of all, You want to test it out:

1. Disassemble both satellites. There are 4 screws under the rubber lip on the bottom. The rubber itself seems to be taped with a 2sided tape. Be gentle though - You don't want to masacre the rubber lip if You want the sattelites to fit the bases again.

2. After taking the case off You see a battery (might look like a battery gone bad - the foil sleeve on my was puffed like a balloon; his seems to be generic li-ion/li-poly battery, so if You have problems with battery life it should be an easy replacement too), speaker itself and lot of electronic components.
You're looking for a part WL7010-D113 which is a wireless audio transceiver and looks like this:

Moduł Wi-fi 996580005346 - Dom jest w Twoich rękach - north.pl (3rd photo is the top view)

It is elevated a bit on some type of a hard foam riser IIRC (sorry, no photos because I don't want to disassemble it when it works without problem). The module itself has a pin socket, so removing it from PCB doesn't require any soldering. Be gentle when removing from the riser though - the glue is quite strong there.

3. Swap the element from the working satellite and turn it on (back button) - if that was the problem, the speaker should connect to the base without a problem (no flashing LEDs).

4. You have to find WLL7010-D113 itself. Some details:

I've found mine in a big spare parts online store in Poland for about 10$ a piece. I've also found a wholesale offer (around 0.1-0.2 $ per piece) on Alibaba.com at one time but it seems to not to be the case anymore. Now I'd probably ask around in local electronics shops or go straight to one of those local PHilips audio/Gibson warranty centers. Or just ask if the PL online store will send the items abroad.

5. replace a faulty module with a new one and turn on the set. It might not work the first time. This is because a set doesn't recognise a new part. You just need to do a factory reset and everything should be fine. Qute from the manual:

In OPTICAL mode, press and hold RESET
for five seconds.
» When the factory settings restore is
complete, the product automatically
switches off and restarts

6. Let it reboot and enjoy :)

Let me know if that helped!

Hi Dawid,

Thanks a lot for your quick reply and complete tips! It is indeed hard to find the part so I have send an email to the PL online store. Fingers crossed...
I was also thinking to see if I could buy a second hand (broken) Fidelio E5 and swap parts. Do you think this will work in a similar way with the factory reset? I was indeed afraid that it would not recognize the system.

Thanks again!

Hi Flips,
I would recommend testing if it is actually that part is the source of the problem. You'll probably pay a hefty premium for international shipping anyway (if the PL shop will agree to send abroad), so if I were You, I'd like to be 100% sure. As for another, broken E5 set - if it is a cheap option I guess I would try it. I didn't test it, so I cannot say if it'll work for sure. It can be that a new one is just a clean module that programs itself when rebooted, it might be, that it will reprogram itself without a problem or it might be a simple passthrough alltogether and no programming will be needed on the module side, just recognition by the base set.

Hi,

I have got Fidelio E5 speakers, but they have a problem.
Instead of sound speakers produce cracking/pooping sound mixed with audio.
This sound is on every speaker ( wirelsess and subwoofer also).

Could you help me find out what's going on?
It woud be really nice to have some service manual to do some
measurements and check whether power unit is working fine.

Also,
I have replaced all main capacitors (3x35V 1000uF + 2x16V 1000uF) in power supply. Nothing. Still the same problem. Does anyone have access to working Fidelio and could check what are correct values of voltages from power unit?

Thanks,

Hi Thioby,

same problem here. I also thought it must be some capacitors going bad over the years, and since it appears on all speakers I also thought it must be in something they have in common, like the power supply.
But replacing those capacitors apparently did not help.
For me the cracking/popping sound disappears after 10 minutes or so, but it becomes worse and worse.

Any ideas? is there a service manual somewhere?

Hi,
I am experiencing the same problem of the crackling/ popping or a beep, sometimes no sound at all and blinking lights on the speakers as if there is some connection issue. I managed to get them to work yesterday, without any problems, turning tv on and off again, no problem, speakers on and off, no problem. Bluetooth music through phone, clear sound. Turned everything off waited a few hours and in the evening everything suddenly was wrong again.. does anyone know what the problem might be? And how to possibly fix it?

Hello, I got the same issues with these speakers. Just got service manual so pm me an e-mail and I can forward it to you guys.
EDIT: I did not fixed the issue yet. Maybe you can help me.
M.

Last edited:
Hello,
Same problem here. It's now getting impossible to use it as I need 10min switching on/off to have an output sound (every sources) but still with a pop/crack sound every second making it horrible.
I would be absolutely happy if one of you could share a fix before throwing it to the trash.
Philips After Market Services advise me to fix it in a local shop as not under warranty and despite all the customer similar issue, cannot provide any solution.
Thank you.

PM sent M.

Last edited:
Hello everyone,

I have the exact same problem, it is increasing day after day.
And today, the sound just cut and I had to reboot 3 times the device.
That cracking/popping sound is driving me mad....

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Hallo, ik heb dezelfde problemen met deze luidsprekers. Ik heb net een onderhoudshandleiding gekregen, dus stuur me een e-mail en ik kan het naar jullie doorsturen.
EDIT: ik heb het probleem nog niet opgelost. Misschien kan jij me helpen.
M.
Heb hetzelfde probleem met dit systeem zou jij mij een kopie van deze handleiding willen opsturen heb iemand die ons probleem met deze handleiding misschien kan oplossen voor ons Mvg Ale

Hello, just learned that Philips sold all audio activities to a company called Gibson (yes from the guitars) in 2014.
Gibson went bankrupt in 2018, discontinued all audio activities and continued with music instruments
That was the end for all Philips audio activities.
This is not ok for the spare part situation, or repair opportunities...

Hallo Aleoli4: ik heb de service handleiding, hoe zal ik hem naar je toesturen?

Hallo Aleoli4: ik heb de service handleiding, hoe zal ik hem naar je toesturen?Super bedankt voor je snelle reactie je mag hem sturen naar mijn emailadres [email protected] alvast super bedankt tot zover laat hem zien aan iemand die er verstand heeft dit probleem op te lossen Mvg Ale

Well, same happened to me... The only info I've found is that it is an issue with some processor on a motherboard and according to the support, only replacing the motherboard will help. I guess that is not entirely true, but at the same time the easiest way to fix this.
@mprajsler I was trying to send a PM to You but it seems Your inbox is full. If You could share the service manual, maybe we will be able to find a workaround to this problem and save this otherwise great piece of audio.

PS: It is kinda weird that it's happening en masse in the last few months.

Hello, the service manual did not help me. I shared it here with a few guys so if you can please share between in the future.

I ended up by whole disassembly and a DIY plan to use speakers as a wired 2.1 with crossover board inside stereo speakers and new 24V powerboard, tpa3116d2 2.1 amplifer and raspberry pi + dac with balenasound installed all inside subwoofer. It is still WIP can play music but is not polished...
Kind Regards,
M.

Hello!

Exactly the same happened to me.
A year ago crackling/popping/beep sounds appeared. Now there is no sound at all (I tried all inputs: hdmi, aux, bluetooth etc.).

Kindly ask to share service manual, I'll try to find someone who can diagnose motherboard.

Thanks in advance!

Same problem here... After on/off sometimes, It os normal... But is getting worse...
Smeels like Planned obsolescence... Too many cases...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom