Pioneer Error Message

ranoutofaliases

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi folks
I would be grateful if someone could help please. We have a Pioneer Kuro 42” Plasma PDP428XD and had a problem with the aerial a while ago which appears to have created a short. The TV still has a brilliant picture and whilst the error message does go by itself after about a minute or I can press exit on the remote and it goes; the wife does not have my patience 🤨 I have left the aerial out overnight (one suggestion) but the error message still comes up every time we turn in the telly.
Grateful for any help out there.

Attachments

• E364D322-8DF8-417C-BBE6-4A4973FA8052.jpeg
    E364D322-8DF8-417C-BBE6-4A4973FA8052.jpeg
    79.9 KB · Views: 51
When you unplug the aerial cable before you start the TV, do you still see the same error message? Need to establish is it a problem on your plasma, or it is a problem on the TV signal booster (I assume you have one in loft), where the cable connect to at the other end. Let us know.

When you unplug the aerial cable before you start the TV, do you still see the same error message? Need to establish is it a problem on your plasma, or it is a problem on the TV signal booster (I assume you have one in loft), where the cable connect to at the other end. Let us know.
Hi
Just tried it. Switched everything off (BT Box, TV and AMP), disconnected aerial from TV, switched TV back on but frustratingly same error message came on.
Thanks for idea though.

Page 40 of your user manual. (Easily found with a Google search).
Unless you have a masthead amp go into the DTV setup menu and switch off “aerial power”

Page 40 of your user manual. (Easily found with a Google search).
Unless you have a masthead amp go into the DTV setup menu and switch off “aerial power”
Hi and thank you but DTV setup is not shown as an option I can change on my menu ?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom