Pioneer KRP-500A - 8 blue blinking LEDs

BruceG

Established Member
Reaction score
Pioneer%20Medai%20Box%20IO%20board.jpg
Hi guys,

There are several threads about Pioneers and the 8 blinking blue LEDs. This has just happened to me and my research tells me it's down to a dodgy voltage regulator(s) on the underside of the main board in the Media Box.

I've managed to disassemble the Media Box and got to the main PCB but I'm having trouble locating the offending voltage regulator(s). I've attached a pic of the board with where the 3 regulators are but I'd really appreciate it of someone who has had the same problem or knows what they're looking at could identify which one to change first?

Attachments

• 56488586_326126271378590_8233223191401594880_n.jpg
    56488586_326126271378590_8233223191401594880_n.jpg
    626.3 KB · Views: 1,724
Last edited:
Bruce,

Did you manage to figure this out in the end? I've got the same issue as well as interchanging red and blue LEDs on the actual plasma, with the TV eventually switching itself off.

voltage regulator in the media box need replacing

Bruce,

Did you manage to figure this out in the end? I've got the same issue as well as interchanging red and blue LEDs on the actual plasma, with the TV eventually switching itself off.
Did you get it fixed? Got mine fixed at KuroKing.com

My under standing to solve this problem is to replace the main assy. AWW1393.

Item is easily found on eBay.

Can anyone confirm this is the solution to the problem ?
Replace this PCB will also solve problem with screen start flashing rectangular red and blu, before shut down.

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
I too have had the the dreaded 8 flashing blue light on my KRP 500A. I tried contacting the the Kuro King via their web site and have no reply. I then decided to replace one of the voltage regulator myself. I replaced the one associated with the system communication cable inside the Media Box with some difficulty removing the original regulator. Unfortunately the problem was still there. if I cooled the Media Box in the fridge for around two hours and reconnect to monitor I could have it runnig ok for a few days with an extenal fan to keep it cool. i was trying to maintain this while I saving up for maybe the Lg OLed 55CX at the end of the year as a suitable replacement for such a great picture from the KRP 500A . Fortunately or unfortunate my daughters put together to get me a 50 inch Philips LED TV, the PU6554/12 , while not a top tier TV it ticks quite a few boxes, 4K , HDR10, HDR10+. HLG and
Dolby Vision, it even has Dolby Atmos. The picture quality is quite reasonable. So now I'm not sure I will be allowed to still buy that Oled.

I too have had the the dreaded 8 flashing blue light on my KRP 500A. I tried contacting the the Kuro King via their web site and have no reply. I then decided to replace one of the voltage regulator myself. I replaced the one associated with the system communication cable inside the Media Box with some difficulty removing the original regulator. Unfortunately the problem was still there. if I cooled the Media Box in the fridge for around two hours and reconnect to monitor I could have it runnig ok for a few days with an extenal fan to keep it cool. i was trying to maintain this while I saving up for maybe the Lg OLed 55CX at the end of the year as a suitable replacement for such a great picture from the KRP 500A . Fortunately or unfortunate my daughters put together to get me a 50 inch Philips LED TV, the PU6554/12 , while not a top tier TV it ticks quite a few boxes, 4K , HDR10, HDR10+. HLG and
Dolby Vision, it even has Dolby Atmos. The picture quality is quite reasonable. So now I'm not sure I will be allowed to still buy that Oled.
My condolences

pioneerman is the person to fix this problem.
had mine repaired by him years ago and the tv is still going strong.

pioneerman is the person to fix this problem.
had mine repaired by him years ago and the tv is still going strong.
May I ask how long it took and how much it cost you overall, have no issues yet but one must be prepared.

May I ask how long it took and how much it cost you overall, have no issues yet but one must be prepared.
years ago now, look up the pioneerman on ebay, he has his prices there, i think i had it back to me in about 5 days

years ago now, look up the pioneerman on ebay, he has his prices there, i think i had it back to me in about 5 days
This bloke is also on eBay user name Kuroking I have used him in the past well recommend he even offers a onsite service hope this helps

*** I just got this issue, saw a movie last night, all went well. After shutting it down I saw the blinking blue lights, 8 of them on the media box. Just contacted Pioneerman on ebay.....I hope he doesnt mind im from Denmark.

Got the 8 blue-blink with my KRP600A for the first time in 2022. In the beginning, I was able to turn on TV when disconnecting power to media box and wait a few hours, but finally that didn't help either.

Delivered the media box to a certified Pioneer repair shop here in Norway. Price: Approx. 300 euros.

Got the 8 blue-blink with my KRP600A for the first time in 2022. In the beginning, I was able to turn on TV when disconnecting power to media box and wait a few hours, but finally that didn't help either.

Delivered the media box to a certified Pioneer repair shop here in Norway. Price: Approx. 300 euros.
These boxes have a high failure rate that is why it is best that you have a few of them. Actually you can buy a used 500A and get the box for free since it is included..that is how i got several boxes...for like 200 euro's including transport for which i hired a chauffeur. I am in the Netherlands.

Also one of those i bought had a repaired box, there was a repair label on it, and was broke again. My guess is these shops can do simple repairs only.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom