Question Pioneer LX59 help.

owenfarmer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all, my left and right sound from this amp is being redirected to the left and right surrounds. I’ve tried the test tones and L+R nothing- have the channels blown??
Any suggestions??
Thanks.
Owen

Ok, soon as they’ve finished TV I’ll try that. At the moment I have centre and surround L+R running ?!

Morning, ok so yes the audio was still going to the surrounds after swapping cable over.
My M1’s are wall mounted and after tightening and checking speaker and wall bracket do get intermittent sound from front Left speaker when speaker at a certain angle (wiring?)
However so far nothing from front Right.
Going to test front right speaker with separate cable today.
Thank you.
Owen

When you swap do the test tones still fail on the main l&r once set as surround? Hopefully it is the wiring. At least that’s cheap and easy.

Yes it did fail the test tones, cables are chased and plastered into wall, I’ve hardly any wiring to connect into speaker, wonder if that’s not helping?
Will investigate further, thank you.

Ok, finally solved!
it’s a pretty rubbish design and not very robust as the B+W M1’s connect on top of a tiny stem that’s obviously separated from its electrical contact and hence no sound or test tone. I have found one replacement in the loft and it works perfect.
Going to need a spare walk mounting fixing if anyone has one?
At least it’s not a blown channel etc and thanks for your help earlier.
Owen

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom