Pioneer service remotes for sale on ebay (product link in thread). No need for expensive Harmony remote.

DarkJoe

Ex Member
Reaction score
No need to purchase an expensive Harmony remote and go through the hassle of having them program in the hex code. You can get a remote pre-programmed with the code here for cheap; Replacement Remote Control for Pioneer service-tv-menu TVs 9th gen | eBay
I worked with this seller in creating these remotes. You can access your service menu with them by pressing the S button. I hope this is useful to some of you.

We removed the red tint on 2 5020s using this method How To Remove the Red Tint on a 9G Kuro using a Harmony Remote

EDIT: will work on all 9g Kuro models regardless of region.

Please report back into this thread if you have success fixing your red tinted black problem.

Last edited:
-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
Just had a look and although it appears to be a UK seller and this is a UK forum, it states

'our remote controls are programmed to the Pioneer PDP-5020FD PDP-5080FD and will only work that one model'

I'm pretty sure neither of these models were ever sold in the UK. We did have a PDP-5080XD but that doesn't need a service remote to get into the service menu and can be done with a key combination on the regular remote. I think the only UK models that need the service button are the KRP's and the LX5090/6090 as far as I'm aware. If it works with UK 9th gen sets then you may want to speak to the guy and get the item description updated.

They work on all 9g Kuros. The hex code is exactly the same for all 9g Kuros US and UK. They have been tested and work.

Just had a look and although it appears to be a UK seller and this is a UK forum, it states

'our remote controls are programmed to the Pioneer PDP-5020FD PDP-5080FD and will only work that one model'

I'm pretty sure neither of these models were ever sold in the UK. We did have a PDP-5080XD but that doesn't need a service remote to get into the service menu and can be done with a key combination on the regular remote. I think the only UK models that need the service button are the KRP's and the LX5090/6090 as far as I'm aware. If it works with UK 9th gen sets then you may want to speak to the guy and get the item description updated.
Thank you I will speak with them and have them update the listing, I appreciate you bringing that to my attention.

Glad you posted this info, going to order one today.

Only had my KRP a week, been dying to know how may hours on it, not that it matter as it is what it is, but want to know anyway.

I do have the red tint to black thing, not too bothered though as i only ever watch tv in a well lit room, but might as well sort it out anyway as it seems like it is pretty easy to do once i have this remote to get into the service menu.

Only had my KRP a week, been dying to know how may hours on it, not that it matter as it is what it is, but want to know anyway.

I do have the red tint to black thing, not too bothered though as i only ever watch tv in a well lit room, but might as well sort it out anyway as it seems like it is pretty easy to do once i have this remote to get into the service menu.
I used the remote to fix 2 5020s. Just use the other link to guide you in doing so.

Hi
just wondered, did you ever order one and did it work ?

I was wandering why DarkJoe was banned. Now I know!!!!
Interestingly, I just found out about these remotes, and £13 to get access to the service menu on the Pioneer Kuro's seema fine to me!!! Getting one now too. Feedback seems all positive with over 87 sold.

Hi, can you say how you got on and what you did. My 5090 looks a bit iffy recently ie not as sharp as it was. Read a fe reset guides but lost. Its nearly 13 years aged but still very good. Might be my eyes as well, getting on a bit.

I've got the remote!!
I haven't got the foggiest what all the numbers mean. Is there a service overview guide?

I can see hours of usage, and a panel count... which make sense.

That's what I want to see first and apparently with that remote you can do a few bits look at post above about removing red tint.

Look at this guide BUT dont do anything if you are not 100% confident.

I would get my eyes tested in a flash before messing but this COVID is a concern.

How may hours on your set?

And I am sure someone on here knows what's what in relation to resetting.

That's what I want to see first and apparently with that remote you can do a few bits look at post above about removing red tint.

Look at this guide BUT dont do anything if you are not 100% confident.

I would get my eyes tested in a flash before messing but this COVID is a concern.

How may hours on your set?

And I am sure someone on here knows what's what in relation to resetting.
don't do it

I was just about to splash out for a Harmony remote! Very useful thread just bought the 'Replacement Remote Control for Pioneer service to menu TV's 9th gen' for £12.99 over 99 sold 100% satisfaction thank you! Time to interrogate my 12 year old 5090...

Last edited:
-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom