Question Playstation 4 play share

Papercuteyelid

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi
My young son got a ps4 for xmas and I bought quite a few games on it, most for him and some for me. Such as bloodborne, God of war etc... I decided then to get myself a ps4 in the sales, however i didnt want to purchase all the games again as i had just done so.
I've heard of this play share, similar to the xbox one, and that is simple enough, but it doesn't seem to work on the ps4s we have. Have followed several guides, and so far this happens.
Deactivated all ps4s as primary on my sons ps4, added his user to mine, then made mine the primary, and added another user an account for me.
However unless I have both accounts logged in I can't play the games bought on his. I have downloaded them to mine, but there is a locked symbol on them when he's not logged as the main player, also when he goes on his ps4 it logs out of mine and all access to the games are gone.

Not too sure if i need a ps plus subscription on my user and well or something?

The xbox version of it works easy, primary then that and one other can play all the games without actually signing in as the account holder on the shared one.

Please help its getting very frustrating, I know it was a while back against Sony's TOS but I've read that these days it's ok, just not that they encourage it.

I hope to hear soon so I can play bloodborne and he can play spiderman lol.

Thanks in advance

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom