Playstation Now

The Golf Club is really good but it's a proper golf sim.

Btw - few more hours into Control and it's actually getting quite good. I'm in the power plant section. The combat is so well done in this but it's a shame the environments are very boring and grey\red. Still, the action is so well done I'll definitely keep playing.

Good to hear you're enjoying it more now. I am really liking the sound design - my sub is definitely getting a workout in the central power plant area, and whenever I use powers like launch and shield. But those slowdowns during firefights... My poor PS4!

Good to hear you're enjoying it more now. I am really liking the sound design - my sub is definitely getting a workout in the central power plant area, and whenever I use powers like launch and shield. But those slowdowns during firefights... My poor PS4!

Not had any slowdowns yet on my Pro ;)
Yes the sound is very good, just needs more interesting level design and more colour!

Have one or two of those too. Seems pretty random when it happens though, not just been in fights for me.

Have one or two of those too. Seems pretty random when it happens though, not just been in fights for me.

Do you have the regular PS4 as well? It seems to happen mainly during hectic firefights, and it also freezes for a second or 2 when I exit the game's main menu, although I think those are separate issues - one is probably due to heavy particle effects+smoke (GFX rendering speed), the other might be more memory related (asset loading speed) - or just a game bug. Nothing game-breaking though.

Do you have the regular PS4 as well? It seems to happen mainly during hectic firefights, and it also freezes for a second or 2 when I exit the game's main menu, although I think those are separate issues - one is probably due to heavy particle effects+smoke (GFX rendering speed), the other might be more memory related (asset loading speed) - or just a game bug. Nothing game-breaking though.

I have both but I’m mostly playing on Pro.

Well that's perfect, installed the PS Now app on my PC so I can now continue playing Control whilst working - awesome :D

So finished Control - really decent game underneath the boring graphics, level design and story. Glad I gave it a go.
Started Watch Dogs 2 as I like the idea of driving around San Fran but the first 30 minutes turned me off massively - too much info on the screen, too much hitting various buttons to do little tech things - definitely seems like it could be very tedious and mroe of a chore to play than fun.
I did have the first WD but only got maybe 2-3 hours into it before giving up as it was pretty boring...have a feeling this might be the same.

I'm a good few hours into Watch Dogs 2 and it's much better than the first game. I completed the first but as I didn't think much of it I never bought the second. I tried it last week as I was bored and because Legion set in London looks interesting. Much more interesting characters and nicer setting than Chicago.

Supposedly Hitman 2 and Dead Cells among the titles this month.

Been very tempted to get Hitman 2 do that’ll be great if added :)

9 games in total.

Also added but not mentioned in the blog post:
-Power Rangers Battle for the Grid
-AO Tennis 2
-The Sinking City
-WRC 8
-Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor - Martyr
-Pure Farming 18

Wanted to buy Observation last month when it was on sale but doubted, now it's on Now. Excellent.

Good line up this month!
  • Days Gone (available until Jan 4th)
  • MediEvil
  • Friday the 13th
  • Trine 4
  • Battle Princess Madeline
  • Steel Rats

How good is PS now? Do you just stream or download the games?

How good is PS now? Do you just stream or download the games?
For most (if not all) PS4 games you can either stream or download. It recommends you to download for best experiences in terms of stability and graphic performance.

for PS3 games it’s stream only.

I’m happy with the vast content and price on there now. Much better than when I last used it with a free weeks trial a few years ago.

check out ShopTo or CDKeys for year subscription codes. They are normally cheaper than PS store.

Been wanting to play Days Gone for ages but didn't want to fork out for it due to the mixed reviews. Have to say it's a really great game, very Walking Dead like and although limited by the usual open world issues of slightly monotonous camps etc... to beat the survival and scavenging element is very well done and you really can struggle to deal with the "freakers" with such limited ammo.

If you have a slight interest in open world or zombie games etc... then definitely give it a go. Think I'm preferring it to Ghost of Tsushima.

Just to resurrect a year long pause on the thread. This is in the penny pinchers thread but 12 months is in sale for £25 at the moment. Can be had for £21.84 via cdkeys with a discount code.

Finally succumbed and at that price thought j would try it. Unfortunately living in New Zealand we don't have it at all here and the latency back to the UK servers is a bit much so streaming won't work for me at all. However I am happy to report downloadable games work just fine. Admittedly there's a fair bit of overlap between this and gamepass but considering I paid £75 for 3 years of game pass and now £22 for this I'll more than her my money's worth out of both of them.

Last edited:
Makes sense. I wonder if our existing PSN+ subscriptions will cover everything (until they expire obviously)

you can still buy 1 month 3 month and 12 months playstation now from Argos

Makes sense. I wonder if our existing PSN+ subscriptions will cover everything (until they expire obviously)
doubt it PS+ will remain the base tier in the new Spartacus setup.

What will be interesting is where an existing PlayStation now gets you as currently with PlayStation now you dont require ps+ for multiplayer and can download ps4 games and stream ps3 games so surely that equates to the top 3rd tier in Spartacus.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom