Playstation Plus Games - Monthly updates

So i tried SF5, seems ok but so different in feeling to old SF2CE. No idea on all the guages at the bottom, everything keeps flashing, and no tutorial on how to trigger all them o_O so i'm just old-schooling with Ryu kicks, punches and fireball/hurricane/dragon punches.

Played all the individual story fights, cheesy as anything! But somewhat diverting. (re)discovered how bad i am at fighting games.

I do have to point out how terrible the onlline stuff is.
- to start the game you have to accept the T&Cs (disagreeing throws you back to pre-start menu)
- it says you can opt out via email at a later time (dafaq!)
- unclear quite what data collection they're doing (it could be read as allowing collection out of the game, like as you play other stuff or reading your save files, but presumably its not possible if SF5 isnt actually running)
- if you dont use the online login once in the game, it disables any xp earning / levelling, half the modes seem to be locked, the main story is locked

iirc they got called out at launch, but sorry Capcom, but this seems insidious. I can't believe its the same company that made Monster Hunter World, maybe different teams/management and they just chose another path.

I'm really enjoying PUBG at the moment. Personally I don't mind the graphics - given how huge the maps are and the amount of items that need to be rendered and interacted with I think they're more than acceptable if not the best. Best of all is that the maps feel organic rather than heavily modeled like COD (and as BFV had moved towards), where terrain and buildings feel very boxy and a bit too chunky in an attempt to force 'arenas' where the fighting will be pushed towards.

Also once i played around with the sensitivity settings I found that the majority of the initial jank went away. Don't get me wrong there is a bit of jank in there but then COD is janky as hell but it doesn't stop it selling in the millions...

Don't think i'll bother at all with SFV given @Stinja 's report.

Really enjoying PUBG. I play it in 3rd person mode with 1st person ADS and it reminds me of good days playing GRecon on the Xbox 360.

Meh... I’m a bit bored of these Battle Royale type games. Seems to be a game format that is saturated in this generation. This along with Warzone and Fortnite just don’t do it for me.

Meh... I’m a bit bored of these Battle Royale type games. Seems to be a game format that is saturated in this generation. This along with Warzone and Fortnite just don’t do it for me.

Fair enough and yes, there are many of them but until PUBG became free and therefore worth trying i didn't play fortnite, apex, cod, etc beyond a week because i didn't like battle royale games either!

Really was looking forward to Pubg but boy is it ugly.Really choppy when moving around.Started to strain my eyes.Also have no idea with the menus.So counter intuitive.
Comparing it to modern games it looks like a PS1 title.

October's PS+ are now listed Need for speed Payback and Vampyr

dont anyone dare moan about any of those this is what we got on xbox for October

• Slayaway Camp: Butcher's Cut
  • Maid of Sker
  • Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy
  • Costume Quest

Excellent, I've been interested in Vampyr since it released and I'll always give a NFS game a few hours..

Edit: Costume Quest was one of the first games I got on PS+ way back when, I enjoyed it as I recall :)

dont anyone dare moan about any of those this is what we got on xbox for October

• Slayaway Camp: Butcher's Cut
  • Maid of Sker
  • Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy
  • Costume Quest

Costume Quest was okay.

Sounds good to me - I've dithered over Vampyr for ages so this is a good month.

Is this NFS the perpetual online one? EDIT : Just had a look, and no it isn't. :)

Last edited:
A good month for me actually as I haven't played either of those. Vampyr in particular is one I've wanted to play but not got round to.

I do have the NFS but haven't played it. Its the one that was basically a fast and furious rip off with all of the stunts and stuff.
Don't have Vampyre and for some reason it reminded me of The Order so I'll give it a go

My Plus expired this month. Thought I would go the cheap route and try cdkeys. They took payment, sent me a redeem code, I entered it through the store, redeemed. My account wasn't upgraded to Plus status... Should have just paid the £50.

My Plus expired this month. Thought I would go the cheap route and try cdkeys. They took payment, sent me a redeem code, I entered it through the store, redeemed. My account wasn't upgraded to Plus status... Should have just paid the £50.

Just a sanity check, was it a UK sub? CD keys sell multiple regions and only work for that region..

Just a sanity check, was it a UK sub? CD keys sell multiple regions and only work for that region..

Let me just check my order... Yep,

''PLAYSTATION NOW 12 MONTH SUBSCRIPTION (UK)''

I got in touch with them straight after. Sent some screenshots of the transaction going through the account. Just waiting for a reply.

Was the purchase for Plus or Now? If this is what your account says you've purchase Now which doesn't include Plus.

Let me just check my order... Yep,

''PLAYSTATION NOW 12 MONTH SUBSCRIPTION (UK)''

I got in touch with them straight after. Sent some screenshots of the transaction going through the account. Just waiting for a reply.

oooooooooh i'm a moron. Thanks for the confirmation :rotfl:

At least you've got plenty to play now, there's a good selection of games on Now. Sadly it does mean you've got to fork out another £30 for Plus though! :rotfl:

I'm actually really impressed. I might not pick up a PS5 for quite a while now it's really opened up the amount of games.

I'm actually really impressed. I might not pick up a PS5 for quite a while now it's really opened up the amount of games.
also you dont need ps+ to play the multiplayer on psnow games as the multiplayer is free to all psnow games

Quite enjoying vampyr, I never play rpg games and it's starting to get a little overwhelming and not knowing which things to upgrade at sacrifice of others, but playing it just for the Halloween mood.

Loving the Spanish flu posters, don't sneeze, don't spit, don't cough, stay indoors, it's like a real life covid with vampires :laugh:

I just feel totally overwhelmed with Nfs, don't know what I'm meant to be doing, doing races I can't win and just driving round the desert jumping off ramps., not sure it's for me.

I just feel totally overwhelmed with Nfs, don't know what I'm meant to be doing, doing races I can't win and just driving round the desert jumping off ramps., not sure it's for me.

Hey at least there's the Pulitzer prize winning story to keep you hooked... :confused:

1603899567924.png

Rise up Bugsnax. 👀 🤭

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom