Please help no freeview signal

Swaite

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello!

We have moved into a new build last Friday, unfortunately sky cannot install for 2 weeks so my missus is climbing the walls because she is missing Cretin island while I'm on night shift...the house already had coaxial sockets so have bought a coaxial cable with 2 Male fittings that fit my 65 inch Samsung and the socket. Have tried to auto tune using every combo of settings and get 0 channels each time. Even bought one of those signal booster things and get the same thing, tried a second tv (both only 2 years old) and exact same thing.

What could I be doing wrong? I assume aerial should be cable and then digital only but tried air freesat everything over the course of 3 hours not 1 channel.

Please help

Do you have an aerial attached? It's not just a coil of co-ax in the loft and you are expected to get an installer in?

Almost invariably Builders do not install a UHF TV aerial. Rare for them to label any cables left in the loft, either which makes for a fun game of "guess the one I need to connect".

Hope you've checked your Deeds and Contract ref installing a Dish as $ky never give a fig (you'll have signed some agreement saying you have got all relevant permissions) but some Builders don't want any external antennas (a dish is an antenna) in case it spoils the look.

Location (approx) would help us estimate if a loft aerial is likely to work, and whether passive or amplified splitting is needed to supply UHF TV to other rooms.
Loft aerials - A.T.V. Poles, Brackets, Clamps & Aerials is worth reading.

I went up the loft and couldn't see where the coaxial sockets lead to at all, it's odd even the powered booster aerial fails to find a single channel too

Yea you're right best ask the builders I think, though no love island is actually a good thing for me haha

I went up the loft and couldn't see where the coaxial sockets lead to at all, it's odd even the powered booster aerial fails to find a single channel too
Generally we put the coax in, as a straight vertical line all the way up to the loft from the socket.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom