Question Plex not working on mobile data

REJI

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I’ve set up a Plex server on a old Mac mini I have lying about (due to my main server not working for the time been)

ive no issues seeing watching movies on my home network but once out of the house the app can’t find my Mac server therefore no movies once back on the home network all fine

I’m not sure if this is the Mac or the router. If anyone has any ideas it would be much appreciated

Have you forwarded the relevant port to access plex on your router? I would recommend manual rather than using DLNA.

Have you forwarded the relevant port to access plex on your router? I would recommend manual rather than using DLNA.
[/QUOT

morning
I’m going to say no
If I change to manual am I required to input .
If so I wouldn’t know how to do it

Check out the help pages, they have all the info you need:

Check out the help pages, they have all the info you need:

Cheers will do
Unfortunately I doesn’t make a lot of sense to me. Have been checking a few videos

The machine you use as your server, needs to talk to clients outside of your home environment.
In order ro do this, you need to open a port. This is like an unlocked door that you can pass all the data through.
You need to open a port in your router to the IP address of the plex server, then enter the corresponding info into the set up page in your plex server, so it matches.
Then use an online checker, such as canyouseeme.org

The machine you use as your server, needs to talk to clients outside of your home environment.
In order ro do this, you need to open a port. This is like an unlocked door that you can pass all the data through.
You need to open a port in your router to the IP address of the plex server, then enter the corresponding info into the set up page in your plex server, so it matches.
Then use an online checker, such as canyouseeme.org
Cheers

I understand that bit and inside my router just not sure how to fill the details in

if port forwarding is the issue will talk to bt then they can talk me through it hopefully

Ok a step in the right direction

I have a green tick against remote Access
But now transcode issues on the app

do I alter on the app or the server ?

Ok turns I’m a absolute moron

turns out Plex won’t remote play or transcode if you don’t plug your hard drive into the pc correctly

@Bigfingers I thank you for your help and postings
I apologise for wasting your time in helping me
When it was something I should have checked from the start
Again thank you

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom