Plex Pass at $89.99

Ayrton

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I've been holding off on buying the pass until there was a discount, and now here's one in my inbox. But I've been waiting that long for it, I can't remember why I need it. I've got until tomorrow to decide. What are your thoughts on the value of buying?

I pay, mostly for the offline sync to mobile. I did use the DVR/live TV side also but not so much anymore. Not really sure my single use case is fully worth it, but it's only a couple of dollars a month so I've not been too urgent to cancel.

I've been holding off on buying the pass until there was a discount, and now here's one in my inbox. But I've been waiting that long for it, I can't remember why I need it. I've got until tomorrow to decide. What are your thoughts on the value of buying?

I'd recommend it if you haven't already, and it's still available (I believe it was through to the 22nd). 50% discounts are very rare, and a 25% discount is pretty decent. Some people hold out and jump in at just a 10% discount.

As commented above, I personally don't find any one use case that justifies it, but cumulatively I think it's well worth £70, especially for life. What I value are (and bear in mind I rip a lot of blu-rays myself so have a large collection of lossless files on a NAS):

- Easily being able to stream/download our movies/TV from home while on holiday, and even on the train (this requires the pass).
- A unified interface to watch my blu-rays in (lossless) quality around the house, with synced tracking of where we're up to in TV shows etc (technically this doesn't require the pass)
- The TV DVR'ing with an HD Homerun. This has a caveat of being rather buggy at the moment due to a change in the EPG provider a few months ago. However, this should eventually settle and be reliable again (and is good value compared to other options such as Channels). This also requires the pass.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom