Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More

Phil Hinton

Editor
Staff member
Reaction score
This week it's an audio fest as we review the latest AV Receivers from Marantz and NAD. Phil has been testing the NAD T 778 for the last few months and is mightily impressed, while Steve has an AVForums UK exclusive look at the Marantz SR7015. Plus, Ed looks at the MKII version of the Mission LX2 speakers with Cas and Tom rounding up the film reviews and news...

00:00:00 - Start
00:00:27 - Welcome & thanks
00:07:30 - What have you been doing, Ed?
00:09:36 - What have you been doing, Phil?
00:17:50 - What have you been up to, Steve?
00:21:10 - What have you been up to, Cas?
00:24:50 - Competitions
00:27:15 - NAD T778 AV Amplifier review
00:39:00 - Marantz SR7015 AV Amplifier review
00:45:44 - Mission LX-2 MkII Hi-Fi Speaker review
00:53:05 - News Bowers & Wilkins purchased by Sound United. The deal is done.
00:55:13 - Q&A and Amazon Prime Day Deals page at AVForums
01:09:55 - Disney+ : The Right Stuff review and discussion
01:15:50 - What other movies & TV shows are worth watching? Twister. If you see it, you have to put it on
01:21:20 - Covid. It's bad news for cinemas. Worse news for cinemas
01:24:25 - Godfather films coming to 4K Blu-ray
01:25:50 - Star Trek Discovery. Meh. The Expanse. Yay!
01:27:30 - Ed's music choice of the week. Now Here No Where by Kolsch.
01:30:13 - Podcast exclusive competition
01:31:28 - Steve likes American Murder - The Family Next Door
01:32:25 - Thanks and Goodbyes

Presented by Phil Hinton with Steve Withers, Cas Harlow and Ed Selley.

Note: If you are having problems with subscription services and Apps, please deselect and then re-subscribe to the podcast feed, thanks.

Subscription link: AVForums Podcast

Direct Link

The exclusive competition for podcast listeners: Win a copy of You Should Have Left on Blu-ray We'll ask the competition question in the podcast. Select your answer to the competition here:

To watch the video with the live chat, click the YouTube logo in the video window
Support us by making a donation at avforums / Streamlabs
Become a Patron at AVForums is creating Videos | Patreon
Your donations help us to improve the website, publish more editorial and make better podcasts. Thank you.

Last edited:
Great podcast as usual 😁

@Ed Selley , listening to Kölsch as I'm writing this. Good find, and being danish myself, it's nice to know "we" can actually make good music in this country 🤘🏻

Great show, thanks all.

Nice to hear some reviews of kit that seems to “do what it says on the tin”, at various price points. Good point about Samsung & Dolby Vision, consumers less happy with glaring holes in the spec sheet these days.

Have watched the first ep of “The Right Stuff” and quite enjoyed it. Mainly consisted of people introducing themselves and spotting the big names. I do think they’ve cast John Glenn a bit young looking (the actor is the right age technically), and the conceit that he was the humble everyman of the group is a tad ahistorical. When he was elected as a US senator, someone commented “What’s next, king?”.

Finally, Ed, I’ve had a listen to Kölsch but I’ve found it lacks a bit of fizz. I thank you *sad trombone*

Have watched the first ep of “The Right Stuff” and quite enjoyed it. Mainly consisted of people introducing themselves and spotting the big names. I do think they’ve cast John Glenn a bit young looking (the actor is the right age technically), and the conceit that he was the humble everyman of the group is a tad ahistorical. When he was elected as a US senator, someone commented “What’s next, king?”.
The other astronauts certainly considered Glenn to be a bit of a 'Dudly-Do-Right', but what they show demonstrates is that he was also very media savvy, which explains why he moved into politics.

Thanks for another entertaining Podcast. Couldn't watch last night but enjoyed it Today! :thumbsup:

Good listen.

The Mission lx mark 1 had magnetic grilles so they're not new on the mark 2.. it was mentioned '...now have magnetic grilles...'

As a new member I listened to my first AV forum podcast and found it very enjoyable ! Thanks guys.

Always delighted to hear people speaking highly of Moana ... such a brilliant movie.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom