Podcast: New TVs, Samsung Q800T Soundbar review, IFA latest, Movie and AV News, B+W Brad Pitt

Phil Hinton

Editor
Staff member
Reaction score
This week we review a Samsung soundbar, look at the latest AV news, are Samsung pulling out of IFA, TV that are in for review, plus the best and worst of Brad Pitt.

Support us with regular donations via our Patreon campaign at AVForums is creating Videos | Patreon. Or make a one-off donation at avforums / Streamlabs. Your donations help us to improve the website and publish more editorial and videos.

This week's podcast competition: Win a copy of 1917 on Limited Edition Blu-ray Box Set. We ask the question in the podcast. Go here to enter the competition and pick the answer https://www.avforums.com/competitions...

This week's star focus: What are your favourite Brad Pitt movies?

00:00:00 - Welcome
00:03:30 - Competitions
00:05:00 - Been to the pub?
00:07:00 - Cas watching Crying Freeman on 4K Blu-ray
00:12:45 - Ed's new phone - Oppo Find X2 Neo
00:16:38 - Steve watching The Mandalorian and reviewing the Samsung Q800T soundbar
00:23:10 - Phil at a Pony club meet and reviewing the Panasonic HZ2000 OLED
00:31:48 - Samsung pulling out of IFA 2020
00:37:30 - Cas picks best the streaming content for July and we redefine going off on a tangent
00:57:20 - Q&A
01:20:00 - Best and worst Brad Pitt
01:34:15 - Thank you and goodbyes

Presented by Phil Hinton with Cas Harlow, Ed Selley and Steve Withers.

Note: If you are having problems with subscription services and Apps, please deselect and then re-subscribe to the podcast feed, thanks.

Subscription link: AVForums Podcast

Time: 01:43:39 | File Size: 147mb | Direct Link

To watch the video with the live chat, click the YouTube logo in the video window
Support us by making a donation at avforums / Streamlabs
Become a Patron at AVForums is creating Videos | Patreon
Your donations help us to improve the website, publish more editorial and make better podcasts. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
1:04:44 Phil says "If you're a Catwoman like Ed"; :rotfl:
Accidental slip or is there something we need to know? The World awaits!
And, another great Podcast - thanks guys!

Thought Burn after Reading might get a mention. "I have your secret shit!" Brilliant! :D

Hi Gents

Another good podcast thanks.

Picking up on one point discussed, it would be nice if from time to time one of the manufacturers could pop in and showcase a product that one of the team is going to review after.

Would love to hear about the key product attributes they want to highlight from their new release before reading about it in a review. I know it has been done in videos before (Philips is the one I recall when they released "the one" TV range), but to have someone on the show as you did with the guy from samsung, with a product to push would be an interesting addition from time to time.

Also, as Phil and Ed mentioned encouraging the suppliers to provide more review samples would be good, even if it was only 10% more than now, and encourage them to keep it there. Albeit, that the additional product brings more hours at the keyboard for you folks.

Maybe some of those reviews could sneek into the podcast as exclusives??

Anyway, thanks for the entertaining podcasts, look forward to interacting on Sunday.

Gordon

Great podcast as usual.

Pitt went from shocking Irish accent in The Devils own to fantastic one in Snatch, so has improved over time!
I’ve also noted the eating Ed, I think he stole that from Redford (and when watching Spy Game, they look related, same mannerisms). He also played a great stoner in True Romance, we get a revisit in Once upon a time in Hollywood.
I think he’s a great actor, loved The Curious case of Benjamin Button and The Tree of Life as well as the mentioned The Assassination.../moneyball, but he’s a decent producer too if you check his record.

Last edited:
Thanks gents for another good listen and I'm looking forward to the Denon special.

Could the omission of HDR 10+ by certain manufacturers be due to agreements with Dolby Laboratories in order to push their product?

Great podcast as usual.

Pitt went from shocking Irish accent in The Devils own to fantastic one in Snatch, so has improved over time!
I’ve also noted the eating Ed, I think he stole that from Redford (and when watching Spy Game, they look related, same mannerisms). He also played a great stoner in True Romance, we get a revisit in Once upon a time in Hollywood.
I think he’s a great actor, loved The Curious case of Benjamin Button and The Tree of Life as well as the mentioned The Assassination.../moneyball, but he’s a decent producer too if you check his record.
I didn't think his accent in Devils own was too bad, unless you're a Northie. I'm from the Republic, but have cousins up north and it didn't stick out too much, not like Spaceys in Ordinary Decent Criminal, or Richard Gere in The Jackel, or Tommy Lee Jones in Blown away!

I didn't think his accent in Devils own was too bad, unless you're a Northie. I'm from the Republic, but have cousins up north and it didn't stick out too much, not like Spaceys in Ordinary Decent Criminal, or Richard Gere in The Jackel, or Tommy Lee Jones in Blown away!

Connery in The Untouchables is the greatest Irish accent ever (shurely shome mishtake?)

(RIP Ennio Morricone)

Connery in The Untouchables is the greatest Irish accent ever (shurely shome mishtake?)
Has Sean Connery ever actually played a Scotsman in a Movie? I'm a fan of the Mans' Work, but don't remember off the top of my head any Movie of his I have seen that he did that.

(RIP Ennio Morricone)
Agreed. We rewatched The Good etc. just Days ago.

(RIP Ennio Morricone)

Titus Welliver in Sons of Anarchy takes that crown by some margin. I never get insulted or offended by anything, or at least i didn't, until this!

I am indeed a Northie, I think most struggle with the accent as they get the flat monotone part correct but then then step into the more lively southern accent and jump between the two. "I'm from norn iron" (northern Ireland) then breaking into "ahh you know, to be sure"

I think Daniel Day Lewis struck N.Irish accent gold in In the Name of the Father, I couldn't believe when I heard his real accent in an interview afterward.

Mr Selley

As my cats constantly remind me they don't live in my house but allow me to live in their domain

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom