Podcast: Panasonic HX800 TV + Sony HT-G700 Soundbar reviews, movie and TV show news and reviews

Phil Hinton

Editor
Staff member
Reaction score
This week we review the Panasonic TX-58HX800B edge-lit LED LCD TV as well as the Sony HT-G700 soundbar. Plus, we get the best music of the week from Ed, while Cas rounds up the latest movie and TV show, news and reviews.

Presented by Phil Hinton with Cas Harlow, Ed Selley and Steve Withers.

00:00:00 - Start
00:00:32 - Welcome
00:02:56 - Support us
00:05:00 - Catchup - what have the team been up to?
00:18:35 - Competitions
00:20:00 - Arcam SA30 review
00:31:00 - Sony HT-G700 soundbar review
00:36:32 - Panasonic HX800 LED LCD TV review
00:45:17 - Q&A
00:59:55 - Album of the week: Asian Dub Foundation - Access Denied
01:06:00 - Enola Holmes (Netflix) review
01:09:20 - Tesla review
01:09:50 - Becky review
01:14:15 - Black Widow delayed and Mulan making a lot of money
01:18:44 - The Mandalorian news. Pedro Pascal.
01:21:17 - Tom Hardy as the new Bond?
01:25:10 - Ratched review
01:17:15 - Brave New World review
01:29:00 - Raised By Wolves review
01:31:00 - What else have the team been watching on TV?
01:38:10 - Best new 4K Blu-rays? Full Metal Jacket and Whiplash
01:41:45 - Exclusive podcast competition
01:42:15 - Goodbyes

Note: If you are having problems with subscription services and Apps, please deselect and then re-subscribe to the podcast feed, thanks.

Subscription link: AVForums Podcast

Direct Link

To watch the video with the live chat, click the YouTube logo in the video window
Support us by making a donation at avforums / Streamlabs
Become a Patron at AVForums is creating Videos | Patreon
Your donations help us to improve the website, publish more editorial and make better podcasts. Thank you.

Last edited:
Thanks for another great Podcast. I actually had work these last two weekends (Yeah!) and as the second job was in Bulgaria, I put myself into voluntary Isolation in the Bedroom on return, so as to keep my Wife safe. So I was easily around to watch live! :)

Great show this week, packed with hardware stuff, looking forward to reading the reviews.

Very much enjoying the Challenger doc on Netflix (sad as it is), and gradually getting into The Boys again. Second episode was a bit placeholder-y but always good fun. The guy who plays Homelander needs to win all the awards, a true TV psychopath, teetering on the line between malovelence and pity.

A bit of Scottish bias here, but the Inside The Zoo series on BBC (might have to search for it), is excellent. Great insight behind the scenes of Edinburgh Zoo and the Highland Wildlife Park. The poor keepers have to work so hard, bear such responsibility for fragile and rare animals, and all for crap wages.

Thanks gents - I have a long drive this weekend and I will save this podcast until then in order to alleviate the boredom of the M40 and M25.

Great show, it keeps getting more and more professional-looking :)

Can I just push back a little bit on having two-ad ad breaks? Or is that not controllable, and there will soon be three, four, five ads in a row everywhere you go on YouTube? No way will I be registering an account on YouTube, so the premium is out of the question.

Can I just push back a little bit on having two-ad ad breaks? Or is that not controllable, and there will soon be three, four, five ads in a row everywhere you go on YouTube? No way will I be registering an account on YouTube, so the premium is out of the question.
That's a youtube thing. The audio podcast doesn't have ads. With a VPN you can sign up to youtube premium via India and it's about £1.40 a month.

That's a youtube thing. The audio podcast doesn't have ads. With a VPN you can sign up to youtube premium via India and it's about £1.40 a month.
Also, on my Mac on Safari I don't get the adds. If I watch on Firefox, I do.
No idea why

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom