Political violence

• Thread starter Deleted member 13294
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 13294

BBC News - Owen Jones 'kicked in head' in London street attack
Labour activist Owen Jones attacked in street

Seems he was specifically targeted going by the text.

I'm not a fan of Jones, but this is appalling. Even though he seemed to applaud violence against others thru milkshaking, he doesn't deserve this.

I hope this isn't a sign of further politically motivated violence to come. But I suspect this may be just the start.

For myself personally, all our polititions, leaders , anyone elected should not have access to social media. It may not be the case here but the likes of Twitter n Facebook should not be the places elected officials should be on .to many nutters inhabit that world .

I'm not a fan of Jones, but this is appalling. Even though he seemed to applaud violence against others thru milkshaking, he doesn't deserve this.

I hope this isn't a sign of further politically motivated violence to come. But I suspect this may be just the start.
I totally agree with you, nobody should be afraid of being attacked. Him applauding violence himself still doesn't mean it is ok to attach him.

Just looking at that link he is immediately his annoying self again; using highly emotionally loaded words, seeming excessively exaggerates what happened, laying the blame with far right immediately and totally ignoring what the far left is doing, and unsurprising instantly getting support from Corbyn who also put a dig in.

The two are the scum of the earth, but I do not now nor ever support violence to them. Even considering how they seem to support violence themselves.

The irony of Owen Jones after writing yet another article blaming conservative policy for the rise of violent crime. Days later he's seemingly attacked.

I totally agree with you, nobody should be afraid of being attacked. Him applauding violence himself still doesn't mean it is ok to attach him.

Just looking at that link he is immediately his annoying self again; using highly emotionally loaded words, seeming excessively exaggerates what happened, laying the blame with far right immediately and totally ignoring what the far left is doing, and unsurprising instantly getting support from Corbyn who also put a dig in.

The two are the scum of the earth, but I do not now nor ever support violence to them. Even considering how they seem to support violence themselves.

I think he’s an annoying journalist too but I’m not sure how he can be accused of exaggerating what happened, until there is more detail released either by the police or the cctv? I assume he’s blamed the far right immediately as he’s been previously mobbed/shouted at by them (James Goddard outside Westminster etc)?

I’m not sure where he’s supported violence before though, other than a sarcastic dig at Farage and a milkshake?

4A737424-C259-49A0-9290-79520AE43755.jpeg

Considering the actual threats of violence that occur on social media regularly, a tweet about a milkshake hardly suggests encouraging violence does it? If there’s something else you’re referring to then apologies. (Please let’s not let this thread descend into another “you are defending what he does because you didn’t openly condemn him” post)

Last edited:
Saw all that the other day. Disgusting that a 16 year old mentally ill girl draws such vitriol from some adults.

But then you expect it these days from pathetic individuals such as them.

The thing is there are many like Brewer and Banks who claim she is being exploited with this climate change stance. So therefore if she's a mentally ill child being exploited, what in the fudge are they doing attacking her?

Returning to Jones, he does annoy me at times but he doesn't deserve that. And being kicked in the head when you're on the floor is absolutely disgusting.

There’s as much chance that Jones was attacked for his sexuality as his political journalism (according to the Chakrabati quote in the linked article).

Nigel Farage pelted by milkshake in Newcastle
Owen Jones credited the burger chain for “joining the anti-fascist resistance” and the hashtag #MilkshakesAgainstRacism has been trending on Twitter.

So a sarcastic dig at Farage. I agree that none of it should be happening (mainly because they’re both idiots). Sadly, there are knuckleheads everywhere who take playground taunting as an excuse to justify physical assault.

Jezza gave him a shout out last night.

1566119147939.png

Not sure about the Free Speech part.

So a sarcastic dig at Farage. I agree that none of it should be happening (mainly because they’re both idiots). Sadly, there are knuckleheads everywhere who take playground taunting as an excuse to justify physical assault.

And that is the problem with social media in general , a sarcastic dig for many is a call to arms for some . It's such a powerful tool and for the most part is being abused by people in power who should know better.

Look forward to the video evidence once released, as there's cameras everywhere in London, plus the pub would off had CCTV. So we'll get to see the attackers.

Personally until this comes out I wouldn't believe a word he says.

The irony of Owen Jones after writing yet another article blaming conservative policy for the rise of violent crime. Days later he's seemingly attacked.
Conservative policy is to blame for rising crime though no ?
Just like 120,000 deaths of British citizens due to conservative austerity.

Hopefully the police find out who attacked him and they are tried to the full letter of the law

Conservative policy is to blame for rising crime though no ?
Just like 120,000 deaths of British citizens due to conservative austerity.

Hopefully the police find out who attacked him and they are tried to the full letter of the law
No.

Honestly really believe that.
You really think that cutting 22k police numbers has not had an impact.

Annual figures which use March as a snapshot have been published for decades and those show that 2018 saw the lowest number of police officers since 1981.

Numbers of police community support officers (PCSOs), who patrol the streets, have fallen by nearly 40% during this period, from 16,688 in 2010 to 10,139 in 2018.

These cuts came as part of austerity measures brought in by the Conservative and coalition governments from 2010, in an attempt to reduce the deficit.

Annual figures which use March as a snapshot have been published for decades and those show that 2018 saw the lowest number of police officers since 1981.

Numbers of police community support officers (PCSOs), who patrol the streets, have fallen by nearly 40% during this period, from 16,688 in 2010 to 10,139 in 2018.

These cuts came as part of austerity measures brought in by the Conservative and coalition governments from 2010, in an attempt to reduce the deficit.

There are many factors involved, but there is no doubt that Tory austerity has at least been a contributing factor. You have to be away with the fairies and unicorns to believe otherwise.

You don't get to make huge cuts to police and other areas involved in the fight against crime, then expect crime to drop or remain the same. The number of crimes just being solved has fallen - with non-violent crimes like burglary on occasion not even being investigated anymore. Resources are too stretched.

Offenders are fully aware of this now too, particularly when it comes to organized crime. Look at the county lines situation - movement to rural areas is now on the increase because criminals know the resources there are fewer, and the experience to deal with it is less. They are beginning to struggle.

And then you can talk about the increase in poverty austerity has brought to an increase in crime too. It's all a very complex situation though that desperately needs addressing by a competent government - any government - they just need to start getting a grip on it.

Do we know if this is "right-wing" yet? He could have been mouthing off in the bar, he could have been attacked because they don't like him, I note he's said "it's political." London isn't particularly safe at the best of times, let alone at three in the morning.
Jezza gave him a shout out last night.

View attachment 1185232

Not sure about the Free Speech part.
Corbyn and "free speech"

'Propaganda of privilege': how Labour went to war with the media

Corbyn calls for journalists to be 'set free' from 'billionaire' press barons as he proposes 'public interest media fund' and editorial elections - Press Gazette

There are many factors involved, but there is no doubt that Tory austerity has at least been a contributing factor. You have to be away with the fairies and unicorns to believe otherwise.

You don't get to make huge cuts to police and other areas involved in the fight against crime, then expect crime to drop or remain the same. The number of crimes just being solved has fallen - with non-violent crimes like burglary on occasion not even being investigated anymore. Resources are too stretched.

Offenders are fully aware of this now too, particularly when it comes to organized crime. Look at the county lines situation - movement to rural areas is now on the increase because criminals know the resources there are fewer, and the experience to deal with it is less. They are beginning to struggle.

And then you can talk about the increase in poverty austerity has brought to an increase in crime too. It's all a very complex situation though that desperately needs addressing by a competent government - any government - they just need to start getting a grip on it.
So to summarise conservative policy is to blame then

Where do you want to start, gini coefficient, the invention of the pill, broken homes, envy, council housing, cultural differences, lack of jobs, laziness, drugs, substance abuse, lack of policing, poor administration of the justice system, too soft, too hard feminism, misogyny, media, such as television, radio, comics, education system, Satan.

My own personal favourite is breaking the foundation of human existence 'The family', from CSJ, Barnardo's, Government reports, all point to this as a key factor in driving violent behaviour. Gangs have become the new family unit with which to learn how to interact with one another and civic society. Envy and lawlessness have become the prime objectives of these new family units.

Where do you want to start, gini coefficient, the invention of the pill, broken homes, envy, council housing, cultural differences, lack of jobs, laziness, drugs, substance abuse, lack of policing, poor administration of the justice system, too soft, too hard feminism, misogyny, media, such as television, radio, comics, education system, Satan.

My own personal favourite is breaking the foundation of human existence 'The family', from CSJ, Barnardo's, Government reports, all point to this as a key factor in driving violent behaviour. Gangs have become the new family unit with which to learn how to interact with one another and civic society. Envy and lawlessness have become the prime objectives of these new family units.
Wow
So Satan who is a mythical creature just like the other guy with a grey beard at the other end of the spectrum IMO.
But has nothing to do with conservative party policy absolutely nothing.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom