Possible dead subwoofer.

river123

Prominent Member
Reaction score
My M&K 1250 subwoofer may be dead, the fuse is ok and the green light on the back is still lit. Is there anyway a firmware update on my Yamaha RX 3050 could upset the amp settings for a subwoofer? My subwoofer is part of the M&K 750 speaker package. Not sure if I can get still get hold of a new 1250 replacement so any recommendations would be appreciated to mix well with what I’ve got.

If something has changed on the amp it is just possible that it isn't set to use the sub. Try the setup menu and use the test tones to verify it works when it gets a signal.

Forgot to mention I’ve done the test tones amp test and there’s nothing coming from the sub.just to add when putting the sub cable into sub connection I still get the humming noise.

Last edited:
I don't know what happens with firmware updates on Yamaha's these days, but quite often the update will set everything back to 'factory defaults' in which case, you will need to go back into the settings menu and set all your speakers and tell it that there is a Sub present etc .........

I had the same happen to my REL a couple of weeks ago. Took it to a local repair centre and found that a resistor had burnt out. Cost me £60 for the repair. Happy with that as the sub is eight years old.

A quick test to hear if the sub is working but an RCA into the LFE and just tap the other end of the cable's RCA, if the sub responds then it is working.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom