Question Posting a Review

Evinger

Hi there,
Watched a Movie last night that I would like to post a Review of it. It does not however seem to have been Reviewed by a staff member. Also at the moment I don't even see the link to post your own review about a Movie that HAS been reviewed by AVF. Have I gone bonkers?

bruce-leroy

Distinguished Member
I don‘t think you can add personal reviews to the site that haven’t first been covered by an AVF reviewer. You did used to be able to post user reviews to reviewed films/equipment etc. but you are correct that the option is unavailable at the moment. You should post this Question in the specific (I think website or editorial sub forum) section.

richp007

Distinguished Member
I queried this a while back with @Casimir Harlow as there was something I had wanted to review but couldn't. To be fair we've both forgotten about it it looks like.

I can see why the option isn't there; given how many members post if all could start throwing reviews up it could get very messy.

But it would be nice admittedly to have an option. There's quite a lot I've watched that's not managed to be covered by the main reviewers.

Evinger

Thank you both
I don‘t think you can add personal reviews to the site that haven’t first been covered by an AVF reviewer. You did used to be able to post user reviews to reviewed films/equipment etc. but you are correct that the option is unavailable at the moment. You should post this Question in the specific (I think website or editorial sub forum) section.
thanks - looked at that but it seems really the only place is general, so it would just get lost in other questions.
I queried this a while back with @Casimir Harlow as there was something I had wanted to review but couldn't. To be fair we've both forgotten about it it looks like.

I can see why the option isn't there; given how many members post if all could start throwing reviews up it could get very messy.

But it would be nice admittedly to have an option. There's quite a lot I've watched that's not managed to be covered by the main reviewers.
Thanks. Yep I can see how messy it could get, but never mind - in the end it really was just a thought. :)

barnaby jones

Distinguished Member
I don’t get it, just post your review in the already existing thread or if there isn’t one, then start one !?

Evinger

I don’t get it, just post your review in the already existing thread or if there isn’t one, then start one !?
There is no dedicated "User Reviews" section any longer, and you can no longer add your own Review to an official AVF Review, so it is a matter of where to post. Andy Bassett kindly reached out to me & suggested the "What film are you watching tonight/watched last night???" thread, which I have now done.

barnaby jones

Distinguished Member
There is no dedicated "User Reviews" section any longer, and you can no longer add your own Review to an official AVF Review, so it is a matter of where to post. Andy Bassett kindly reached out to me & suggested the "What film are you watching tonight/watched last night???" thread, which I have now done.
Didn’t realise there ever was !