Power (Starz)

I'm liking that they are going with multiple big bads and not just Dre to show a complicated web of threats on the streets and in the sheets for these guys.

Got put onto this series by a guy at work, binge watching it and just finishing season 3, top top,show.

Anyone with the 4k plan on Netflix see if they can actually view this in 4k?

Shows as ultra HD 4k but will only play in 1080.

Anyone with the 4k plan on Netflix see if they can actually view this in 4k?

Shows as ultra HD 4k but will only play in 1080.

See my post here: Power (Starz)

I reported it to them, but never received a reply. And you can only report it via the app? Stupid system if you ask me.

Yeah i reported it over a week ago.

Try this for reporting a problem:

Netflix then click on "report problem" over to the right.

Having an online change with a script reading person, bless them. Told me it must be my connection to start with (Virgin Vivid 200), don't thinks so.

Now just come back with this:

I double checked it here in my end and it seems like not all the episodes are in 4K since it's not giving us any specific quality for each episodes.

Will report anything further.

So, that wasn't much help either. We have to basically accept that only season 3 is in 4K, every other one will be 1080p until they sort it with the content owners.

Transcript from chat:

You
So maybe something should be made available as it shows all seasons are available in 4k.
Seems strange that season 3 was, but not 4 or 5?

Netflix
Yes it looks like it. Since the quality of the shows available also depends on the licensing
agreement that we have with the content owners. Since as I what I checked here, it only gives
us the quality that is available for the whole show but not specific for an episode or a season

You
So, is there anyway you could add that to the info on the show? It's a bit misleading and
frustrating for those of us who want to watch in 4K, and end up with 1080p.

Netflix
As for now here in my end, I can't do so much about this since again it depends with the
licensing agreement. I know that there's nothing much that I can do to turn things around
for you at the moment, but please know that I'll do everything within my power to make sure this
feedback gets heard.

You
OK, pass on to whoever can do something that in the info for whatever show, it should state
that not all episodes are in 4K UHD. Especially with this show as only 1 of 5 seasons on Netflix
currently is in 4K.

Frustrating but now we know not to expect 4k when we stream it.

Looking forward to this as it continues to roll along nicely. Shame about Curtis but the Tommy and Ghost truly broken brother dynamic could be good and a new Agent that the latter can't sleep with to get what he wants.

I was about to write off this series as just more of the same gangsters, violence and greed. But then there was a genuine shock in episode 8 that was totally unexpected. It is finishing strongly this season.

I was about to write off this series as just more of the same gangsters, violence and greed. But then there was a genuine shock in episode 8 that was totally unexpected. It is finishing strongly this season.
Hold onto your stash, more to come.

Anyone else realised that "Tommy" was also in "Prison Break"?????

Anyone else realised that "Tommy" was also in "Prison Break"?????
Yeah, he's popped up in quite a few things over the years in fairly minor roles.
He's in the recent Maniac for a couple of brief bits in a couple of episodes. I did the double-take!

Hold onto your stash, more to come.
Absolutely strong ending the last three episodes, Look forward to the next series if they are doing it.

I think the bible says something about what profits a man if he gains the whole world but loses his soul. Some truth in that.

Absolutely strong ending the last three episodes, Look forward to the next series if they are doing it.

I think the bible says something about what profits a man if he gains the whole world but loses his soul. Some truth in that.
There is a new one to come and like everything else these days, they're talking of spinoff stuff.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom