Powerline Adapters - anyone want a swap

Navrig

Established Member
Reaction score
I recently bought installed two of these:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/TP-Link-TL-...VKP4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1334086884&sr=8-1

They are working fine.

I then joined BT Vision and as part of the deal received two of these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-x-Power...167?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2a12cefbaf

These are still in the box as i have been told the two makes are not compatible. I can post a photo if necessary.

Is anyone else in a similar situation and want to swap so we have 4 of the same make?

The BT version also have power out so you don't lose a socket.

Last edited:
-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
I recently bought installed two of these:

TP-Link TL-PA211KIT 200Mbps Mini Powerline Ethernet Adapter - Twin Pack: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

They are working fine.

I then joined BT Vision and as part of the deal received two of these:

2 x Powerline HomePlug AV PASSTHROUGH Ethernet adaptors | eBay

These are still in the box as i have been told the two makes are not compatible. I can post a photo if necessary.

Is anyone else in a similar situation and want to swap so we have 4 of the same make?

The BT version also have power out so you don't lose a socket.
If the product states it is HomePlug compliant, IT IS COMPATIBLE with all other makes/brands/manufacturers of similar standard HomePlug compliant products.

BT do not supply inferior products to their customers, they want you to have the best, in order that you have the option to spend more money on the services that these products can gain you access to (through their services & the BT vision boxes). There are already a lot of BT customers who are going to be kicking themselves, when they fully understand what they could have done with the free adapters BT gave them.

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
If the product states it is HomePlug compliant, IT IS COMPATIBLE with all other makes/brands/manufacturers of similar standard HomePlug compliant products.
The adapters supplied by BT for BT Vision are not HomePlug compliant.

BTW, why the PR puff for BT?

Lol. Steady on mate. Pretty sure the OP would of checked before posting offering to swap!

Can't you use them as a separate pair or does it knock out your existing ones??

I asked on the BT Community support forum and was told they weren't compatible. I would like to have four all the same so I can hardwire our wifi radios. They tend to drop the signal just when you don't want them to.

If there is a standard for adapters why do BT provide non compliant models? Seems pretty stupid to me.

The adapters supplied by BT for BT Vision are not HomePlug compliant.

BTW, why the PR puff for BT?

I took delivery of my new BT Vision equipment yesterday. I read through the guide that came with the adapter things and on page 2 (it is only 2 pages!) it quite clearly states

important: your Powerline adapters work on the
HomePlug AV standard. If there are any other Powerlines
plugged in that are not HomePlug AV compatible, they
will stop your Powerlines working properly

The adapters that I received look like the ones that Navrig also received
2 x Powerline HomePlug AV PASSTHROUGH Ethernet adaptors | eBay

So my question is, are they or aren't they & why do they only come with 1 cable when it is obvious you need 2?

I took delivery of my new BT Vision equipment yesterday. I read through the guide that came with the adapter things and on page 2 (it is only 2 pages!) it quite clearly states

important: your Powerline adapters work on the
HomePlug AV standard. If there are any other Powerlines
plugged in that are not HomePlug AV compatible, they
will stop your Powerlines working properly
Thanks for the correction. I guess that BT have given up (run out of?) the Comtrend adapters then and gone over to what is effectively the de facto standard.

My apologies to the OP (et al). BT supplied HomePlug 200AVs will work perfectly well any existing HomePlug 200AVs.

Last edited:
I purposefully didn't open the BT supplied adapters on the basis of what I had been told on the BT care community forum. I will give them a try and see if they work.

Thanks for all the responses guys.

Thanks for the correction. I guess that BT have given up (run out of?) the Comtrend adapters then and gone over to what is effectively the de facto standard.

Sorry for the late reply, not always able to get on line or remeber to check thru email. What is a Comtrend adapter. Should I have some because I don't think I got any, if so do I need to tell BT I missing some. Have they given me the wrong things?

Sorry for the late reply, not always able to get on line or remeber to check thru email. What is a Comtrend adapter. Should I have some because I don't think I got any, if so do I need to tell BT I missing some. Have they given me the wrong things?

A Comtrend adapter is something 'you do not want'. Stick with the Simpler Networks HomePlug adapters that BT gave you.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom