Powermax plus Tamper alarm Control panel

Nep2020

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

desperate to find a solution. I’ve got a powermax plus and it indicated to replace the Control board battery pack, which i did. When i replaced and Closed the system, battery is ok now. However the system now reports a tamper issue on the control panel.... any idea how to fix this? It seems the spring on the button is still ok, when pressing it I hear a “click”. I don’t know what it can be.. anyone please?

thanks much!

Have you tried to set the system. The warning is to let you know there was a tamper and setting the system may clear the message. Good luck.

Standard procedure is to enter engineers code, replace battery, exit engineers mode. This tells the system you are doing something intrusive that it would normally otherwise alert on.

Doing this under a user code will cause a tamper that usually only will reset (configurable) when the engineers code is used.

Do you have this?

Fabien

It will depend if the reset has been configured as engineer reset or user reset. The default engineering code is 9999 this may have been changed. You could default the panel to factory settings but you would then need to programme the complete panel/ sensors.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom