Premier League 19/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that's cobblers. If he'd wanted the job he could have applied for it, which he didn't. So to say he "didn't get it" is nonsense. Maybe as the season went on, form dipped & his expectations from the board weren't met he had regrets over not applying.

As I've said before, the downward spiral can be attributed to a specific date, 23rd February, when we lost to Burnley & Poch had a meltdown with Mike Dean. Form never recovered from that defeat, which ended the remote chance of a title challenge. Now whether that was the point when the lack of investment hit home & the challenge was over, I don't know. Maybe his frustrations then permeated the dressing room. But OGS wasn't appointed permanently for another month, so Poch could easily have said "Fudge this" & walked if that's what he wanted to do.

But this is of course all speculation that maybe one day will be put to bed in an autobiography.

Sorry thats not how it works. You"re implying he was supposed to have popped his CV in an envelope, and waited to hear back? There would surely have been conversations and Levy would have made it clear he would not be given permission to talk to them, and in no way would he agree realistic compensation if pushed, based on him being under a binding lucrative contract.

Sorry thats not how it works. You"re implying he was supposed to have popped his CV in an envelope, and waited to hear back? There would surely have been conversations and Levy would have made it clear he would not be given permission to talk to them, and in no way would he agree realistic compensation if pushed, based on him being under a binding lucrative contract.

Why wouldn't Utd have just paid off the contract? Peanuts in the big scheme of things.

based on him being under a binding lucrative contract.
You mean the one that keeps him at the club until 2023? Not that binding then, as all contracts have break & penalty clauses. If permission to talk to Utd had been refused then he could simply have resigned. He would probably have had to buy his way out in the same way the club have now bought themselves out. But as @rustybin said, Utd would have covered that.

But the mechanics are kind of irrelevant because neither party approached the other. Therefore it's simply not credible to say he didn't get the job. Unless you also accept that I'm pissed off I didn't win the Lottery this week despite not having a ticket or any intention to buy one. ;)

Redknapp says it's true, so I believe him.

Afterall he has always been an honest and upstanding member of the community & I find his tv appeareances very informative and not taxing in the slightest.

People questioning Redknapp.

I can't believe the footy section has plumbed to this new low. Remember the day!

Did Salahs and KDB girlfriends turn Terry down then;)

Use to have more than Liverpool fans on here before But as you're doing so well
they have all come along

Well I expect an influx of Spurs fans once Mourinho starts doing the business!!

dont expect much from this season tbh need some out the door and jose needs signings

Why wouldn't Utd have just paid off the contract? Peanuts in the big scheme of things.
Well we don't know if or what, but I think ManU need permission to speak, and then compensation is discussed. If permission isn't given, all that can happen is the contracted individual can quit, but the legal circumstances stop them being able to work elsewhere until a legal settlement is agreed. Anyway, we don't know if anything went on, by March job wasn't available anyway.

Well we don't know if or what, but I think ManU need permission to speak, and then compensation is discussed. If permission isn't given, all that can happen is the contracted individual can quit, but the legal circumstances stop them being able to work elsewhere until a legal settlement is agreed. Anyway, we don't know if anything went on, by March job wasn't available anyway.
I'm no legal expert, but I'm pretty sure the only outcome of a breach of contract legal claim would be the cost of the remaining contract plus any possible expenses arising. In practice, peanuts in the big scheme of things.

Otherwise we're talking slavery..

If Poch wanted the Utd job at the time and if Utd wanted him at the time, he'd now be Utd manager. The money would be an afterthought.

I'm no legal expert, but I'm pretty sure the only outcome of a breach of contract legal claim would be the cost of the remaining contract plus any possible expenses arising. In practice, peanuts in the big scheme of things.

Otherwise we're talking slavery..

If Poch wanted the Utd job at the time and if Utd wanted him at the time, he'd now be Utd manager. The money would be an afterthought.
Like you no expert, but it always struck me football contracts did work like slavery, bit like music, George Michael, Prince, where you literally can't just quit and get a job elsewhere.

A lot of things have started to add up. When Mourinho as a pundit for the NLD it's almost as if he'd been spoken to way back then too which wouldn't surprise me.
:thumbsup:

Alli will get back to his best, which is a damned sight better than Lingard’s best.

they are both terrible, 1 good season but now social media fame makes them think they have made it and don't have to work hard in football now, but as both have seen with their spells on the bench other players will take their place if they are working harder.

Money spent in the summer same will happen next summer too maybe a new back 4

A lot of things have started to add up. When Mourinho as a pundit for the NLD it's almost as if he'd been spoken to way back then too which wouldn't surprise me.
Seen by the Sky cameras in the posh seat at the Lane in September .. Tyler said he was working for Sky ..well if he was it 'must have been testing the seats out , very Sky.

Thought it was odd at the time ... start to make sense . picking out a spot when the toys come out the Pram .. and he's sent to the stand.

they are both terrible, 1 good season but now social media fame makes them think they have made it and don't have to work hard in football now, but as both have seen with their spells on the bench other players will take their place if they are working harder.

Not sure why you quoted my post about Sky & Mourinho during your Alli hate.

He may not be your cup of tea but he's also had more than 1 good season & isn't anywhere near as shit as Lingard is :p

Not sure why you quoted my post about Sky & Mourinho during your Alli hate.

He may not be your cup of tea but he's also had more than 1 good season & isn't anywhere near as sh*t as Lingard is :p

He was so good in that season he won Young Player of the year twice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom