Premier League 19/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
After reading how Henderson & Milner have been at the centre of organising money from players being donated to the NHS, having the club they play for making use of the government furlough scheme undermines that.

Really disappointed to see the club I support do this. Amazed they don't have anyone that can see the negative publicity they'll receive outweighs the financial cost of paying their non playing staff.

That's what Carragher was saying yesterday. Klopp / LFC players doing all the right things but the owners ruining all that respect and good will.

And some fans defend them. Incredible.

State funded club.

Really good interview here. A lot of swearing. Hopefully it will open a few people eyes as well. Football is absurd and I'm glad that some in the game realise it. I'm sure they are few and far between though

2141.jpg

Disclaimer: any resemblance to a Mr J Carragher is coincidental.

Last edited:
Offended by absolutely everything, and ashamed by nothing.

Embarrassing.

I always wondered how the Premier League bubble would pop. I always assumed that it would be when the TV money ran out, or the clubs pushed ticket prices to the point that fans just couldn’t afford to pay, or wouldn’t out of principle.

However, I now genuinely believe it is how clubs act during this national crisis (and it is, the like we have never endured) that might do it.

Think of all the millions and millions of people right now who have slipped between the cracks of the governments financial aid packages. The people who are having to apply for Universal Credit to put food in their families belly, the zero hours contract workers, the sole trader and self employed who may only have started out and put everything into their business who haven’t made a profit in these last couple of years who won’t get anything. They will be football fans.

Crucially though, think about all those NHS and key workers who are laying it on the line for us every single day, the sacrifice they are making. They will be football fans.

When, and if we get through this, there are going to millions of people who have a very different outlook on society, and reevaluate what is important, and who stood by them.

Football clubs worth billions taking money from the public purse, from schemes designed to help those who need it (see above) will not come out of this well.

Sadly I don't see much changing. Fans will still pay all their spare cash on football. We might see a decline in transfer fees and wages in the short term but it will bounce back

What a disgrace Kyle Walker is. If the reports are true, he should be fined the maximum possible. Idiot.

He was horny?
He probably was. I'm still thinking here ..... must be a reason for his behaviour that means I can somehow excuse it ..... erm ....... anyone help me out? Some people are better at this than others

He probably was. I'm still thinking here ..... must be a reason for his behaviour that means I can somehow excuse it ..... erm ....... anyone help me out? Some people are better at this than others
What about:

'At least he didn't shag a granny / sleep with his sister in law?'

The most expensive shag he’s ever gonna have had. The ********

And at least he's used his own wages, rather than that provided by the State

If you’re missing premier league football get channel 402 on ..... now !!

I always wondered how the Premier League bubble would pop. I always assumed that it would be when the TV money ran out, or the clubs pushed ticket prices to the point that fans just couldn’t afford to pay, or wouldn’t out of principle.

However, I now genuinely believe it is how clubs act during this national crisis (and it is, the like we have never endured) that might do it.

Think of all the millions and millions of people right now who have slipped between the cracks of the governments financial aid packages. The people who are having to apply for Universal Credit to put food in their families belly, the zero hours contract workers, the sole trader and self employed who may only have started out and put everything into their business who haven’t made a profit in these last couple of years who won’t get anything. They will be football fans.

Crucially though, think about all those NHS and key workers who are laying it on the line for us every single day, the sacrifice they are making. They will be football fans.

When, and if we get through this, there are going to millions of people who have a very different outlook on society, and reevaluate what is important, and who stood by them.

Football clubs worth billions taking money from the public purse, from schemes designed to help those who need it (see above) will not come out of this well.
When this crisis is over We will go back to watching Football .. We will regardless even though EPL clubs are wealthy enough to not have to result to the implementation of the state paying for the wages of workers .. we will.

When this crisis is over We will go back to watching Football .. We will regardless even though EPL clubs are wealthy enough to not have to result to the implementation of the state paying for the wages of workers .. we will.

I’m not saying people won’t watch football anymore, I’m saying there will be a vast amount of people whose priorities after all of this will have shifted significantly.

Peoples livelihoods are being impacted massively, and the money which may have been disposable previously may be needed on more practical/important things.

Time will tell, but I don’t believe football, at all levels, will not come out of all this unscathed.

Nothing is coming out of this unscathed except maybe supermarkets and fudgeing Amazon

For me if Walker has done what’s been said, City should throw the book at him. It’s a global pandemic and you’re having a party with hookers. I’d normally say more power to your elbow but this is ridiculous at best. What a bell end.

not sure the powers the club have but he will be a lucky boy to still have a contract when this is over. The cock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom