Premier League 20/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Palace looked good, more composure in front of goal and they could have put the game to bed earlier..

Well not going to pretend for a moment I'm not happy with that result :laugh:

However I was pretty sure even at half time Utd were still gonna win. That was a shocking performance all round to be honest.

And I've definitely said this before too, Ole doesn't have a Plan B. If Utd go behind these days, I'd be worried as a fan.

I expect Poch, will have some money to spend there, in January.

Seems that both decisions surrounding the penalty were correct. The retake in particular - de Gea was clearly off his line

Consistency will be the problem. As long as every keeper is penalised the same then it's okay.

Both of them are incredibly harsh though. I get it if a keeper is 5 yards off his line but he was a few inches. How can a keeper make a save with barely any momentum? The handball is just mental.

It's where we are though and it's here to stay. As I said above, the best we can hope for now is consistency so we at least all suffer the same!!

I won't be holding my breath though....

Both of them are incredibly harsh though. I get it if a keeper is 5 yards off his line but he was a few inches. How can a keeper make a save with barely any momentum? The handball is just mental.

That’s the thing though, they’re not ‘harsh’ under the new rules. The retaken penalty was a pretty straightforward decision when you see it again.

That’s the thing though, they’re not ‘harsh’ under the new rules. The retaken penalty was a pretty straightforward decision when you see it again.

Agree.Var is there so the rules can be applied correctly. You can’t blame VAR, blame the rules. Last year VAR was a farce due to the blatant inconsistench, and decisisions taken away from the onfield referee. This year I believe VAR has been used correctly so far, albeit I haven’t seen every game.

some of the rules are still stupid though.

Arsenal ahead in what has been an even game up to that point..

These are everywhere :laugh:

received_634736630735164.gif

Said it was even Antonio levels.

can we say you are obsessed too?

#doublestandards #standard

If ya like. I've long been obsessed though with keeping our main rivals at bay. Ole at the wheel and the Glazer's and Woodward in place.

All working out a treat, couldn't ask for more ;)

Harsh from everyone's perspective except the decision makers. Anybody who's ever played football to any standard know that both of those decisions/rules are absolutely farcical. Will be interesting to see if it gets applied evenly throughout the season

VAR is there for the absolute howlers. The hand of god etc. Not for millimetres.

Harsh from everyone's perspective except the decision makers. Anybody who's ever played football to any standard know that both of those decisions/rules are absolutely farcical. Will be interesting to see if it gets applied evenly throughout the season

I actually agree with some aspect of the new handball rule. I would always give today as a penalty, it hit his hand it wasn’t deflected, etc. Whilst harsh, as soon as you allow ifs and buts you get subjective decision making, ambiguosity and confusion. I posted about this last week. The main thing I would change is it’s only below the elbow that counts as hands, but if it hits there, no argument - handball, only exception if it’s a deflection off another player onto your arm, or it hits another part of your body and deflects onto your own arm. In this case today, this would still be a penalty, might still be harsh but you have to draw an unambiguous line somewhere.

VAR is there for the absolute howlers. The hand of god etc. Not for millimetres.

de Gea wasn’t millimetres off his line though, he was well off. VAR is there for line calls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom