Premier League 20/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gerrard and Torres were pretty lethal too

not knocking son and Kane btw, absolutely superb together but surprised at the list and numbers

Kane and Son aside, N'Dombele has been really impressive this season. I thought he bossed the midfield last night. He reminds me a bit of Dembele with how he glides past players.
If we are to improve on last seasons finish he needs to keep this form going.

The way dembele used to glide past players was like poetry in motion 😍

Ndombele is improving so that’s positive, thought he was ok last night. Hojbjerg bossed it again, can’t get over how well he’s just slotted in, like he’s been there 10years.

All these midfield options don’t bode well for Winks

Brighton and West Brom next for Spurs before INT break too, pick up two wins there and could end up top.

There's a brilliant harmony in the camp at the moment, which is something I wasn't sure I'd be saying under Mourinho but fair play. We'll see how long it lasts :laugh:
Far too early for the doom and gloom to be setting in, even for Jose.

Anyone's season this season: weak defences and lots of dropped points already. Teams like Spurs who're full of goals have got to fancy their chances.

Far too early for the doom and gloom to be setting in, even for Jose.

Anyone's season this season: weak defences and lots of dropped points already. Teams like Spurs who're full of goals have got to fancy their chances.

Yeah perhaps, tbh I'm not paying any attention to the table at this stage as like you've said there's a lot of dropped points. I do see this being a season similar to the Leicester one in terms of points to win it though, I'll see how things look come Feb/March.

If Spurs fans feel they are riding this high with Kane and Son, then the club need to turn it into a trophy by season end.

The league I think would be a step too far, but they've defo got a great chance for the Europa League in my opinion.

Earliest in PL era that every team in the league has at least 1 loss

Sure I read something yesterday from Pep saying there'd never been as many muscle injuries at the start of the season, and fitness levels are well below what they should be for many players. Even though to us mere mortals they'd still be in peak condition.

And then City, Chelsea and Arsenal.
Tough run, but after the international break, any team could come back with vital players injured or more than likely, self isolation from Covid.

Its not just here that results are all over the place to the expectation

Serie A has AC milan at the top after being in the doldrums for a decade, mainstays Inter and Juve dropping points

La Liga, Real madrid top but look at the table below there and its all over the place

Bundesliga seems the only one looking "normal", is the bundesliga the only one out of those allowing fans?

If Spurs fans feel they are riding this high with Kane and Son, then the club need to turn it into a trophy by season end.

The league I think would be a step too far, but they've defo got a great chance for the Europa League in my opinion.

I'd take the Carabao Cup for now.

The club did some very good business during the transfer window for a relatively small outlay and our biggest signing from last year is showing signs that he has finally adjusted to PL. I'm hopeful Mourinho can work his magic and turn potential into success, but there's only really 3 trophies to go for and we've no given right to any of them.
I'm not even thinking of league success given we finished 40 points off Liverpool last year. It would take an almighty drop in form to give up that points difference and I just can't see that happening.

From what i’ve seen so far there’s only Spurs who could challenge City and Liverpool. They’ve got the squad and manager for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom