Pride and Prejudice and Zombies Ultra HD Blu-ray Review & Comments

A nice review Steve. Thank you.

Is this one from your ever growing UHD collection? Where in the US do you buy them from?

It is indeed part of my ever growing UHD Blu-ray collection. I was originally buying the US discs from Amazon.com and then I started using WOWHD because it was cheaper and they seemed to ship the discs a bit quicker. However after they arbitrarily cancelled four of my orders for no obvious reason and failed to even provide an adequate explanation as to why, I no longer use WOWHD. I am using Amazon.com again, it's a bit more expensive but they're very reliable.

Another one with no uk UHD release - why ?
I was going to say because it's a lionsgate and they've only got their 1st 3 discs out on the 15th.. then i realised it's a sony release.

Sony haven't released any single discs since their first release batch in may. You may find it's released sep/oct with the next batch. There's no listings to confirm that in EU though.

I was going to say because it's a lionsgate and they've only got their 1st 3 discs out on the 15th.. then i realised it's a sony release.

Sony haven't released any single discs since their first release batch in may. You may find it's released sep/oct with the next batch. There's no listings to confirm that in EU though.

Problem with all this later release stuff is many people like myself will have already bought it on blu ray because the UHD version wasn't available hence they re limiting sales before it even begins - madness

I don't buy the us releases because I want a working uk blu Ray disc and I don't have a region free blu Ray player

Problem with all this later release stuff is many people like myself will have already bought it on blu ray because the UHD version wasn't available hence they re limiting sales before it even begins - madness

I don't buy the us releases because I want a working uk blu Ray disc and I don't have a region free blu Ray player
I agree with you in part. Eventually I'd expect uhd and bluray releases for new films to marry up in the uk. We're just not there yet.

I wouldn't worry about waiting for uk releases just because of region locks on the standard blus. The only company that are currently releasing uhds that lock their blus are lionsgate.

So with this being sony, you're free to buy from the US. It's 20quid on wow, so I'd go grab yourself a copy if you want one. Saves waiting for an unknown uk release.

Needed a little bit more zombie for me, it is good, but it does slow down quickly in parts and for a while as well, i think 2 more zombie scenes to break it up and its much better.

Still worth a watch as it is funny.

I bought this disc from Amazon.com but the audio is completely out of sync with the picture- by around a minute so we're not talking about something I can adjust. I returned it but it's replacement is identical. It's a shame as the picture is excellent as is the quality of the sound! I tried the Blu-ray but it's region locked, contrary to comments I've seen elsewhere. I'm tempted to return it and buy it elsewhere in case it's part of a bad batch- any thoughts anyone?

‘Resurrecting’ an old thread here as I’ve recently got into 4K and managed to import a Norwegian copy of this movie as it’s still not available in the UK on UHD Disc and I just had to have it being such a fan.
I haven’t watched it fully (only got it today) so I can’t comment if there’s lip sync issues but I did notice a lot of digital noise in the black bars (top and bottom) as seen in the attached pictures.
In motion it’s dancing around like mad and when paused it looks like greasy finger prints.
The Blu-ray Disc is fine and does not exhibit this problem, nor have I come across it yet on other discs I own. I tried some picture adjustments along with typical HDMI cable and socket switching and it’s still there, so it seems to be inherent in the disc itself rather than the TV and/or player.
I have a Panasonic 50GX800 and UB450.
Has anyone else experienced similar on this or another title? The very few reviews haven’t mentioned such anomaly and whilst I could try and ignore it because it doesn’t seem to effect the actual film’s image, it will bug me.

Attachments

• 67A42152-9D2C-418E-973C-89704BD6F078.jpeg
    67A42152-9D2C-418E-973C-89704BD6F078.jpeg
    298 KB · Views: 31
  • 17321A8F-A016-4C63-93D5-6AF75EC43767.jpeg
    17321A8F-A016-4C63-93D5-6AF75EC43767.jpeg
    195.2 KB · Views: 46

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom