Bargain Expired Prime Day Deals

Gaslight

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Anyone spot anything tasty and actually discounted below normal market discounts? or is it a con?

Apple phones have some reasonable discounts from what I can see, I never normally see Apple products discounted..

I have posted elsewhere here that so far I am not impressed. Pretty much everything I have an interest in is not included in the sale though there are some good deals on Ring doorbells.

Garmin Activity watches have some large reductions, unfortunately I purchased one 3 weeks ago, although I got a good discount but not a much as these.

Panasonic tv I have been looking at has £25 off.

Only a fiver off the Echo products I have been watching.

Some Withings gear on sale....

Just bought one of these with a decent discount....

Wi-Fi Smart Scale with Body Composition & Heart Rate - Body Cardio | Withings

I bought a HR Steel Sport watch the other week for my lad, on a ‘Deal of the day’ - while they’re on sale again now, they’re still £40 more than what I paid.

Yeah this is what I was finding, just inflated rrp's and discounts on the inflated price. I am sure Prime Days and Lightning Deals used to be better than this!

Not impressed. Had my eye on a few things: wireless security cameras and robot vacuum, but all the "deals" are for basic models / old stock.
Yet to see any "major savings" on anything actually worth buying ...

I wouldn't mind some Philips hue offers but can't find any.

I’ve gone for an Echo Show 5 and Neos smart cam bundle for £59.99 (and 8 nappy disposal cassettes for £18.99 - whoop whoop!!)

Tempted by a few things but not to the point I think I'll actually buy any of them.

The iPhone discounts are good but I don't want something as big as the XR and not willing to pay the amount wanted for a X or XS, even with the discounts. That leaves the 8 at £445, which while cheap is still a fair amount for something that's nearly two years old. I'll probably keep waiting for the SE 2, which will never, ever come.

Half-tempted by a Fire 7 tablet, because the iPad 2 that our three-year-old tries to use is so slow it's painful.

The one that nearly had me, and still might, was the Instant Pot at £70. But I find with cooking it's not the actual cooking that's the pain, it's the prep. So unless it can chop veg for me I think it'd just end up in the cupboard.

What I'm hoping for is a discounted decent 500GB SSD so I can speed up my 2012 Mac mini. Will see what happens in the next day and a half.

upload_2019-7-15_15-1-52.png

1tb sandisk ssd for £83, but there are a couple of promotions that can bring it down to £63

Didn’t see anything great this morning when I spent 40 minutes going through the deals.

I found nothing of any interest. I hoped a G Shock I'm after might have dropped in price, but sadly not. Couldn't find anything else that took my fancy.

1tb sandisk ssd for £83, but there are a couple of promotions that can bring it down to £63
Why do I come to AVF when I'm trying not to spend money??? I'd have blissfully ignored the Prime days, but for this thread, and your post has just cost me £128.99 on an external 1TB SSD, however, I can't wait for it to turn up tomorrow! Thanks :D

there's another one for £10 off a £25 spend when using amazon assistant, and they stack.
There's also a get £8 when topping up £80 gift card balance one knocking about that appears open to all. Or there was earlier, certainly.

I've grabbed a few things after googling to see if the offers are good and checked with Camelx3, some are just laughable though.

Got a couple of bottles of Whisky and Bourbon at good prices but I had one more in my basket and when I checked Camelx3 it was 2p cheaper than it was most of the rest of the year and about £1 cheaper than other places. Not a bargain.

I also choose everything for delivery later in the week on a single day, so if any better bargains come up I can just cancel it.

Deals are changing all the time, for example Philips Hue lightstrips just went live at £20 off (not the £40 off they're claiming as nobody sells them at the £90 "full price")
You also know certain items will be on sale as they always are, every Prime, Black Friday etc.

I stumbled on a bargain this morning. I've been after a couple of 10TB WD Red hard drives for my NAS and they are usually £280-£300 but on Prime Day they were £209.98 each!
Really pleased with that price. It's nice to pick up a bargain on something I was already intending to buy rather than buying something that I don't need just because it's cheap!

Last edited:
Got a used Harmony Elite for £96.87. Amazon warehouse deals seem to be the best place to find stuff as you get an extra 20% off at checkout.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Worth checking that they are the same thing. It used to be the case that some of the external 'backup' drives use compression to achieve the 8TB capacity and aren't suitable for use in a NAS, or a PC.

It's a real 8TB drive "Seagate ST8000DM004". One of the 3TB drives in my NAS came from a Seagate external drive that I stopped using a couple of years ago. It's been running fine in my NAS ever since. Still got the empty shell of the external drive lying around somewhere.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom