Problem with resolution on Pioneer Elite Receiver

DarthGizmo

Novice Member
Reaction score
I have a Pioneer Elite receiver, not sure the exact model number but it is over 10 years old. (I can get the model number if need be)

Recently I have been getting a "No Signal Detected" and "Mode Not Supported" error when trying to switch inputs or turn on TiVo which is from DirectTv, and also I get a green screen sometimes when watching on a Blu-Ray player.

The receiver has also been exhibiting strange behaviour such as a 10 second delay in response when turning it on or off.

The strange part is that I can always get rid of the problem by just turning the TiVo on and off several times, turning the receiver on or off, or messing with the inputs on the receiver a little, and then suddenly the picture will work for long periods of time such as 12 hours or more and continue to work until you switch inputs, and then it may crash again.

Turning off the TiVo and receiver and turning it on later may cause this error message again. Then you can fix it, and the cycle just keeps repeating itself.

Does this sound like a problem with the receiver, HDMI cables, or is there possibly some simply solution that could get this solved?

Thanks for the help.

Last edited:
It could be HDMI cables, it sounds like the sort of issues that can occur if there are problems in the connection chain.

They are relatively inexpensive to replace. You may as well get premium certified ones, even if you don't need 4k as you will be more sure to get reliable cables. Replace the ones going from the source to the AVR and from the AVR to the TV.

Could old HDMI cables cause the receiver to act like this?

But then why is the receiver sometimes taking 10 seconds to turn on and off?

Is there a sure way to get the HDMI handshake to happen even under these circumstances? I can fix the problem sometimes, but afterwards I'm not sure how I did it.

Thanks for the help.

HDMI connectivity issues can be an illogical nightmare to resolve. Premium certified ones are very inexpensive, and I would recommend trying that as the first step in troubleshooting. If it fixes the problem, bingo, if not, we can carry on troubleshooting.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom