Problem with Yamaha YPAO setup with Subwoofer

devag

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a Yamaha RX-A2050 with monitor bronze W10 subwoofer used in a 5.1 setup. The system was originally set up by a sound engineer and all working fine form a subwoofer point of view. Recently I had to unplug all the wires from the receiver and plug them back in again (amp and all speakers remain in the same position as before). When plugging everything back in I had the option of 2 sub points 1 (front) and 2 (rear). So I used sub 1 (front) on the AV and on the sub itself I used the LFE input.

Due to some different furniture in my room I decided to do auto speaker setup using YPAO with the same microphone in same position as was used when the sound engineer did it orginally. When doing this there seems to be a problem with the sub, as the results always end up in -10DB and when it does the test sound on the sub its really faint and also the visual on the screen is showing the sub is on the left hand side of the room, when its actually on the right.

I have the following questions

1)have I correctly setup the sub. i.e. in sub point 1 of the AV receiver?

2)Is there any difference using sub point 1 or 2 on the AV receiver?

3)why is the system detecting that the sub is on the left side of the room?

4)Why during the sound test is the sub really faint when its being tested and why are the results at -10DB when im expecting around +\-3 DB?

5)I have also tried a YPAO test without sub being on, then just added it after the test and set it at +3DB. When testing it when playing a movie, its still lacking a lot of bass.

Problem with Yamaha YPAO setup with Subwoofer

Thanks in advance

Answered you in the receiver forum

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom