Question Problems connecting Samsung TV UN65MU6290 & RIF6 Sound Bar

mevora

Novice Member
Reaction score
I've Samsung TV model UN65MU6290 & I just bought this Sound Bar . Now I can't find a way to connect it to my TV. Here's what I've tried

- When I Connect it to HDMI ARC, HDMI is shown as unknown in Input. Changing output to HDMI makes no difference
- I tried Optic audio out , doesn't work
- I tried Aux, that doesn't work either
My TV doesn't have bluetooth so that's out of question

Sound bar is fine since i've used it with my cellphone bluetooth as well as computer AUX. Can any one help me ?

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
HDMI ARC. Sometimes after making changes to HDMI ARC you need to power cycle the TV and soundbar so try that.
Optical. Did you go into the TV's sound menu and set the audio out to optical. Is there a glow at the free end of the optical cable?
Both of the above methods, try selecting PCM in the TV's sound output format instead of Dolby D.
Aux. Your TV doesn't have any Aux out connections or a headphone socket.

HDMI ARC. Sometimes after making changes to HDMI ARC you need to power cycle the TV and soundbar so try that.
Optical. Did you go into the TV's sound menu and set the audio out to optical. Is there a glow at the free end of the optical cable?
Both of the above methods, try selecting PCM in the TV's sound output format instead of Dolby D.
Aux. Your TV doesn't have any Aux out connections or a headphone socket.
Arc I couldn't make it work. I did power cycle but it's still showing HDMI as unknown with a blue check mark on top.
For Optical, it has started to work if I am browsing the TV etc but when I go to netflix or youtube or anything, there isn't any sound. Option is set to PCM

I've Samsung TV model UN65MU6290 & I just bought this Sound Bar . Now I can't find a way to connect it to my TV. Here's what I've tried

- When I Connect it to HDMI ARC, HDMI is shown as unknown in Input. Changing output to HDMI makes no difference
- I tried Optic audio out , doesn't work
- I tried Aux, that doesn't work either
My TV doesn't have bluetooth so that's out of question

Sound bar is fine since i've used it with my cellphone bluetooth as well as computer AUX. Can any one help me ?
I had problems with lost arc connection with my Samsung TV and with my q90r soundbar. I found a fix maybe u can do it too. I assume you use your one connect box? I followed these steps and they fixed it for me.

1. Shut down TV and bar.
2. Take off all HDMI cables
3. Take cable from electricity
4. Hold power button from TV for 30 sec to drain all power.
5. Leave it like this for 30 min
6. Plug in electric cable and switch everything on
7. Cycle soundbar to arc
8. At last put the HDMI back in

This worked for me. I had lost my arc 3 times before I did this. Never happened again.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom